Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 06:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarothel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These are the same people that say 800pp for a set of Fine Steel is overpriced.

Cost to make a full set of 13 pieces _without_any_fails_ is 635pp.
I already offer a very substantial mark down for buying a full set of medium, when piecemeal I sell it for 10pp each (131*10 is far less than 800).
The cheapest failed combine is 30pp, and can go all the way up to 90pp for a failed breastplate. Levelling smithing to this point has cost over 5kpp, and I was levelling it intelligently with an eye toward minimizing loss.

In conclusion: fuck off, no I won't sell a set of Fine Steel for 400 (which is a number I miraculously get from people time after time apparently because "it has no stats qq"), because I could vendor it for more.

you cant really compare that, since fine steel armor isnt really that good (until the AC fix hits at last) so its not really worth it.. im not saying you should sell it for 400.. if you are lucky and make it without a fail and pay 635pp, you should at last get 800 (if not 1k) for the armor.. the sad point is, i can buy bronze armor for WAY less and the difference (at the moment) isnt as big as the money difference, thats why people QQ about it..
i can proudly say i began playing with a complete fine steel set which cost 1000 platin, some nice guildmember lend me the money back then, i really appreciated it.

in other words: if you got the money, FS armor is definitly the way to go (especially when the AC patch comes) but for newbies, its probably more sensefull to go for bronze armor or

now the potions, they are usefull - always and everywhere, people just dont appreciate that and dont think about the costs behind making those potions.. almost every potion stacks with an equivalent type of spell (like MR buff + dex buff + mr/dex potion <3) you can "buff" the hell out of yourself..
shrink potions are the only way to shrink outdoors now (kinda usefull in zones like HK etc), also a twink without jboots just NEEDS sow pots (you are soooooooo friggn slow without sow/jboots.. sigh)
and theres more, damageshield pots are awesome and stack with other damageshields too afaik, the gate potion is a GREAT life saver, and thinkin about it sells for ~300pp is still way cheaper than buying items with a 1time clicky port for 800pp+...
instant port can often safe your ass, its like your own private evac..

so all in all: give more love to the alchemists, potions are great and they are worth their price, stop QQing and enjoy the fact, that people took the effort in skilling up their alchemy to provide us with their powerfull utilities!

[50 Warrior] Rumzuck Umbatsch (Ogre) <Remedy>
[34 Druid] Vito Corleone (Wood Elf) <Europa>
[35 Necromancer] Torak (Dark Elf) <Europa>
[13 Shadow Knight] Rumzerg (Dark Elf) <Europa>

EQEmuLauncher
Have your files up to date, switch between servers nice and easy, and more!
http://moestaverne.com/

Closed Thread