Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

In 1999 my roommate John (r.i.p. bud) was working at Babbage's and had already brought home Asheron's Call a couple days before. I was intrigued by AC as it was the first MMO I had played, but the gameplay and graphics were sooo horrible. I think I played it for about 4 hours and never touched it again.

So when he brought home Everquest my expectations weren't as high, but once I started playing it, I quickly realized how much better it was than AC. This was pre-kunark but after they added the other servers... I want to say it was late August or early September. I remember the first time I had to wait outside Kith because of the new high level skellies.

We shared the account, so chances are that if I wasn't playing, he was, and vice versa.

John played a Druid named Alec on Erollisi Marr. He and an Enchanter named Tevra were the first two people I knew about that had gotten their in-game characters married. I'm sure it was done before, but it was new to me.

I played a Qeynos Monk on Prexus named Shaluum to level 18. I remember thinking how cool it was that I had this new ability "Feign Death"...you mean I can pretend I'm dead and monsters will leave me alone? lol. I started grouping a lot with a Half-elf Druid named Amethyste. Shaluum was very protective of her. I made probably 3 dozen runs between Qeynos and Freeport trying to get both monk guild sash/headband quests.

John had created a Necro on EMarr named Delian, but lost interest when he picked up the druid. I think Prexus was down for maintenence one day, so I tried out the level 4 Necro, and started really liking it. I raised him to level 18 also.

John sold the account shortly after Kunark was released and I didn't play again until after Luclin, but I have been playing on EMarr ever since returning.

Recap of characters:
John
Alec - Druid - EMarr

Me in '99
Shaluum - Monk - Prexus
Delian - Necro - EMarr

Me after Luclin
Shaggio - Ranger - EMarr (still my main)
Deeleeun - Shadow Knight - EMarr
Ness - Shaman - EMarr

Funny thing about me being a Ranger now, is that I did create a ranger back in 1999, but lost interest in him around level 6 or 7. And the Ranger was like my 3rd toon that I created after returning, but couldn't leave him alone after that. And look at me now: playing a Ranger on P99, lol.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Kobold

Xeonis Thunderstaff < Human, Wizard - Firiona Vie

Home town Qeynos!
Old 06-13-2010, 10:20 PM
Fire Giant

April 1999 created Xadion level 1 human SK - VEESHAN

Retired 2004/5 forgot exactly or so Level 69 Xadion human SK - Luclin/Veeshan post merge

created October 2009 Xadion level 1 human SK - Project 1999
Closed Thread