Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 04:17 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Disney owns Marvel too.
Marvel made The Avengers...

And honestly, Lucas said hes trying to retire. He will have very little say in the next movies. That's what people want.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-31-2012, 04:41 PM
Aviak

Got a copy of a message from an insider at LFL last night that indicated they will remain somewhat autonomous. We will see how things change over the next 6 months.
Agdros - 52 Warrior
Saulty - 52 Bard
Gewie - 32 Rogue (new)
TMO
Old 10-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Banned

I hope this doesn't mean Disney will write the rest of A Song Of Ice And Fire when GRRM dies after his seven hundred thousandth cheeseburger (knocking on wood).
Old 10-31-2012, 04:43 PM
Banned

Soon, all production companies will be Disney, and all restaurants will be Taco Bell.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disney owns Marvel too.
Marvel made The Avengers...

And honestly, Lucas said hes trying to retire. He will have very little say in the next movies. That's what people want.
Marvel studios made the avengers. Marvel studios has its shit together even before the merger.
Lucasfilm has routinely made poor decisions with its IP over the last decade. Indiana jones etc etc. They have repeatedly had to be bailed out by the nerds in skywalker ranch(ILM).Good effects. Bad movies

If disney keeps the managment of lucasfilm on. I severely doubt that much will improve, unlike keeping marvel studios intact. However , the only real arm disney has working for it is pixar.

The solution? Give pixar the animated wing, let them make movies with story, characters and emotion. Let the ILM do anything cgi but not animated for the entirety of disneys portfolio. Aka movies like john carter, pirates series. Leave marvel studios the fuck alone. And rake in money.

However if you look at it from a top level executive view, they have three wings doing nearly the same thing. I bet in the next few years marvel studios, ILM, and pixar are going to be merged and alot of talented people will lose their jobs, lucasfilm execs will get their paws in other divisions, and quality will fall as the result.

Yes this is me being angry about lucasarts dicking kotor2, no battlefront 3, jedi knight 3 being a rushed turd, forcing your best game partner(bioware) to make an mmo when they had Zero ability to do so. Fucking padme, fucking jar jar, fucking NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!, fucking red tails, and last but not least, shaia lebouf swinging like a retard through the jungle.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 10-31-2012, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinlulz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Soon, all production companies will be Disney, and all restaurants will be Taco Bell.
amen

In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teaches my hands for war, and my fingers to fight.
(Psalms 143:12-144:1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
To be fair he is making $$, which I can't fault him for. If cheating gets you real money, go for it. Real money > pixels.
[10:53] <@Amelinda> he grabbed my ass and then i broke his nose.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:59 PM
Aviak

The MMO sucked because of EA not because of Lucas arts .
Old 10-31-2012, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblexsis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The MMO sucked because of EA not because of Lucas arts .
I am almost positive lucasarts had a say in the way of making it a wow clone. I am positive the game was in production before the merger. EA is clearly a dirty mop-whore in this as well, but someone up top at lucasarts had to say they wanted this. They have the IP, its their reputation.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:30 PM
Banned

Neither Lucasarts or EA had a hand in SWTOR's development. It's a bioware game, based off of two previous Bioware games. Lucasarts was consulted for storyline, EA published it.

Quit being retarded.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Neither Lucasarts or EA had a hand in SWTOR's development. It's a bioware game, based off of two previous Bioware games. Lucasarts was consulted for storyline, EA published it.

Quit being retarded.
Just like they had no say in kotor 2 development cycle?

Closed Thread