Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Large Rat

lol I hear ya...

I am/was an old timer player on EVE, but kinda "quit" after my several-years-long corporation died.

Was part of a corp who merged into Shinra during the days of the old Curse Alliance, and stayed in Shinra during it's time in [5], Lotka Volterra, etc.

Shinra died couple years ago, and I just moved whatever assets I could get my hands on and parked in Empire. Made a corporation and stuck my chars there... every now and then I reactivate my account, to train my skills up a bit.

But yeah, I feel your pain... stupid alliance leaderships, making bad calls all the time. I know that all too well. =/

Now, for the Sci-Fi MMO fans out there, gotta keep an eye on this... CCP better get ready, because if this game doesn't bomb like Star Trek Online did (ugh)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7eREddMjt4

Seamless space <-> planet transitions! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

B
Old 06-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do they come from the emu community in general and like to troll this server because its popular?

Some people just hating. Being dicks just to be dicks. For the enjoyment of being a dick. Pure fagoting. The fellowship is great for the majority of the server but then there is that few loud minority and the people who think they are cool.

The few who think trolls are funny and cool.
Thats like thinking thugs are win.

Curious... what attracts them?
I know they are on all games every server but this is an emulation of a 10 year old game. One would think the crowd would be a bit more mature.
I blame warcraft, and current inability to tie peoples forum handles to their accounts. The emulator in general is a group of folks that honestly enjoy hacking and fixing problems. Some of that culture is in general....adept at making themselves seem like asses, all the while chuckling & grinning like the cheshire cat. They get off on getting you up. Nothing more than trolling tools, don't be their hoe. It comes from a perceived (real or not) superiority complex coupled with an ounce of actual intelligence & no brain to finger filter or deep higher brain function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldhar Stormstalker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Now, for the Sci-Fi MMO fans out there, gotta keep an eye on this... CCP better get ready, because if this game doesn't bomb like Star Trek Online did (ugh)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7eREddMjt4

Seamless space <-> planet transitions! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

B
fuck yea, if you old enough to remember starflight? That is my dream game, with updated graphics and gameplay. This demo looks great, never really took a look at that game before.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Orc

It's heartening to hear some scorn for this type of behaviour from a dev, Aeolwind. The question then becomes: if the devs don't like seeing it, why does it seem to be permitted?

Lack of manpower to police the forums more? Lack of will to silence the more outspoken community members? Or just not seen as that much of a problem by the other devs (and perhaps yourself)?

Again, I'm sure most people would be happier if the 'trolling tools' were confined to their own little playground so the rest of us could converse in a mature and adult fashion.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Orc

You can't segregate idiots, narcissists and trolls. As far as MMO's go they are an integral part of the game, wether we like it or not, even moreso on emulated servers.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Aviak

The anonymous nature of the internet lets people feel the need to get their asshattery on without repercussion. Because this is a forum, I can pick and choose what I read or post on it. Honestly, if you don't want to see some of the insane attitudes, don't click the link.

Honestly, the whole "GM's need to..." statement really bothers me. They have don't enough to do without sending the forums into a police state. I LIKE the fact that I can say what I want here without someone telling me I can't say ass. Oh I could go on and on about this all day...
Zaredi the War Kitten
Old 06-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

I find people in general on this server to be rather nice. It's just the few tools you encounter are such tools that it probably makes anyone in their general vicinity look toolish!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find people in general on this server to be rather nice. It's just the few tools you encounter are such tools that it probably makes anyone in their general vicinity look toolish!
You still owe me 100pp for that port in WK, i give you 3 days before the trains start raining.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Orc

I haven't said anything 'needs' to be done about the atmosphere on this forum; but is there really anything wrong with hoping to be in a friendlier, more relaxed enviroment (in regards to attitudes rather than rules)?

We can pick and choose what we read, but only in so far as the title of the topic goes, because ranting and flaming is not limited to the Rants & Flames forum - this is the crux of my point. So basically, if someone doesn't want to read hateful garbage, they should choose not to read anything on these forums? Yeah, ok, I'm exagerating a little, but my point stands; there is little to no respect shown by some people to other posters in all the subforums.

And yes, I imagine the devs and GMs have what many would consider more important work to be getting on with, but I am certain there are more than a few resonable people out there who would be willing to help with moderating the forums to make it a more inviting place for players new and old alike.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leokaiser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't said anything 'needs' to be done about the atmosphere on this forum; but is there really anything wrong with hoping to be in a friendlier, more relaxed enviroment (in regards to attitudes rather than rules)?

We can pick and choose what we read, but only in so far as the title of the topic goes, because ranting and flaming is not limited to the Rants & Flames forum - this is the crux of my point. So basically, if someone doesn't want to read hateful garbage, they should choose not to read anything on these forums? Yeah, ok, I'm exagerating a little, but my point stands; there is little to no respect shown by some people to other posters in all the subforums.

And yes, I imagine the devs and GMs have what many would consider more important work to be getting on with, but I am certain there are more than a few resonable people out there who would be willing to help with moderating the forums to make it a more inviting place for players new and old alike.
I think you people are whining for nothing, im not denying theres some mild trolling here and there, but go check the server chat right now, its full of people giving tips for quests, class tips, talking about a ghost boat in a GM event. Go check it and come back, i mean... come on.
Closed Thread