keep added +50% on forever 60 73.17%
+25% extra would be enough 8 9.76%
back to normal exp as it was before kunark. 14 17.07%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Garbage poll. 4th option to add 500% for those who don't live in basements
Old 08-26-2012, 12:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampfeet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok so now that you used the bonus to get to 60 therefore "trivializing" the accomplishment no one else should be able to?

Sounds legit
Everyone could take advantage of it. Those who stick around get the benefit of the bonus. Limited time offer, like many things in life. Do you argue with walmart managers for not having rollback prices 365 days of the year?

I'm personally against exp bonuses, period. I don't feel like I need them, but I understand others do. I like EQ to be classic. EQ requires time and people. Its about having fun, making friends and accomplishing stuff together. Trivializing EQ is only selling yourself short.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone could take advantage of it. Those who stick around get the benefit of the bonus. Limited time offer, like many things in life. Do you argue with walmart managers for not having rollback prices 365 days of the year?

I'm personally against exp bonuses, period. I don't feel like I need them, but I understand others do. I like EQ to be classic. EQ requires time and people. Its about having fun, making friends and accomplishing stuff together. Trivializing EQ is only selling yourself short.
so you leveled to 50 grouping as a wizard?
Old 08-26-2012, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

I grouped as often as I could. Was much more enjoyable grouping than solo.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

Hot zones would be amazing.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:36 AM
Orc

Hot zones is necessary. There are a lot of people playing this that do not have the time required to get to 50-60 range. Would really appreciate a constant boost. I don't mind the added PvP from hotzones. Makes it more interesting.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Aviak

Send a message via AIM to TheLieka

The basic problem here is that you guys (the self-proclaimed voice of the people) are trying to push ideas to the staff by holding population numbers as the carrot. The server's staff cannot, and (if they're smart) will not make knee jerk decisions with the direct goal of increasing the server's population. Making decisions with the goal of increasing the server's population always amounts to pandering. Pandering makes the game easier. Making the game easier is better for a player, but worse for the server.

The discussion of blanket xp bonus vs no xp bonus is moot; it really comes into reducing the time it takes to level, thus reducing the content with which players interact, thus reducing lifetime of the available content.

The discussion of hot zones vs no hot zones has the goal of promoting interaction amongst the existing population without forcing it. Increased interaction should make the experience more fun (or at least more memorable). A fun and memorable experience will generate more buzz, which will attract new players and keep existing players without making it the express goal of the action (i.e. better game, better experience, better population, no pandering required)

TL;DR:
1) The staff should not make project decisions in an attempt to increase population.

2) The staff should make project decisions to make the box more fun; if the box is fun, the population will increase as a result (without pandering).

Summary: Hot zones are good. Blanket xp bonuses are bad. If you want to know why, read the rest of the post, numb nuts.

EQEmu
[Founder] Daxum (ServerOp) <Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek (VZTZ) Emu Server> - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
[Developer] TheLieka (Code Monkey) <EQEmulator.net>
Vallon Zek
[60 Enchanter] Stiles (Dark Elf) <Torrent>, <Silent Souls>, <Vexare>, <Macabre>
Project 1999 (Blue)
[50 Enchanter] Stiles (Dark Elf)
Old 08-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

The lifetime of the zones is diminished when people quit and never utilize them because of the grind. The issue really goes beyond exp, it's the combined difficulty of gettin a group with PVP.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Aviak

Send a message via AIM to TheLieka

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The lifetime of the zones is diminished when people quit and never utilize them because of the grind. The issue really goes beyond exp, it's the combined difficulty of gettin a group with PVP.
People don't quit because of the grind. People quit because they aren't having fun. If your only reason for playing is to get to level x and get item y, then you will quit after you get it anyway, and your opinion cannot be seriously considered.

EQEmu
[Founder] Daxum (ServerOp) <Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek (VZTZ) Emu Server> - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
[Developer] TheLieka (Code Monkey) <EQEmulator.net>
Vallon Zek
[60 Enchanter] Stiles (Dark Elf) <Torrent>, <Silent Souls>, <Vexare>, <Macabre>
Project 1999 (Blue)
[50 Enchanter] Stiles (Dark Elf)
Old 08-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

There is work being done in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Closed Thread