Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll pass that statement to my two military friends that were at that theater last night and direct them your way. And for those of you whining about 'if they had guns they could have shot back', this guy used a GAS CANISTER and FULL TACTICAL GEAR when he entered the theater and anyone with a conceal and carry permit that is in their right mind would not pull their gun and fire into a DARK SMOKEY ROOM of civilians at a movie theater. You guys need need serious reality check.
I meant no disrespect to anyone in particular and this was indeed a tragedy. Seriously, pass along my condolences to anyone you know that was personally affected by it. 'Isolated case of batman fever' seems inconsiderate. I'm sorry for that.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Aviak

May I add that anyone put in that position this morning even the worste hater of firearms would be WISHING they had a fucking gun on them.

Guns are fun as a hobby - as a tool of murder they are gross. When someone turns it into a tool for murder - your only option is having a gun on you. There currently isnt a better tool for self defense in this world.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Banned

Those "pussies" are the reason we're not a part of the British Empire anymore, genius.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Sarnak

I shoot and collect black powder weapons. Does that count for this thread?

.50 plains rifle, .50 smoothie percussion pistol, .44 revolver; brass confederate cavalry build. They are a blast to shoot, so much so when i bring them to the range its usually people with ar's, ak's, one crazy brit with a fucking dragoon, and M1's who wanna swap guns for awhile.

All the other weapons I collect are exclusively swords, axes, flails, billhooks, pikes, armor, etc etc etc.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Aviak

[youtube]XaQsbdXQuZI[/youtube]

[youtube]Jpv6dJZhg0U[/youtube]

Wisconsin's new policy for obtaining conceal carry permits is awesome. Tons of people are packing here now.

I can't think of a better deterrent for this kind of situation.

Aretraes - 30 something Bard
Harmonium - 50 something Rogue

Seith - 65 Bard Xev Server - Velious>LDoN era
http://www.twitch.tv/spaceframe
Old 07-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Aviak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpv6dJZhg0U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaQsbdXQuZI

no clue how to embed youtube video's on these forums apparently.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't think of a better deterrent for this kind of situation.
That's probably because you're a fucking idiot who can't even manage to embed Youtube videos, let alone solve complex dilemmas. That's just the impression I get.

I mean, I don't know you beyond these past two posts, but I can tell already I'd never ask you to think.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's probably because you're a fucking idiot who can't even manage to embed Youtube videos, let alone solve complex dilemmas. That's just the impression I get.

I mean, I don't know you beyond these past two posts, but I can tell already I'd never ask you to think.
TIL that knowing how to embed youtube on forums is a pre-requisite for solving complex dilemmas.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 07-21-2012, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll pass that statement to my two military friends that were at that theater last night and direct them your way. And for those of you whining about 'if they had guns they could have shot back', this guy used a GAS CANISTER and FULL TACTICAL GEAR when he entered the theater and anyone with a conceal and carry permit that is in their right mind would not pull their gun and fire into a DARK SMOKEY ROOM of civilians at a movie theater. You guys need need serious reality check.
First off, the theater is not as dark as you imply. If it was, the survivor recount stories you read wouldn't tell in such great detail where the guy was standing and moving around. I've read plenty of them and they all mentioned watching the guy as he went up and down the aisles.

Secondly, even if it was as dark and smokey as you imply, you could locate within 3 feet of him where he is at by muzzle fire. I know for a fact you can and anyone that has ever seen a gun fired at night (foggy or not) will know this. With a revolver and 6 rounds, any person that is worth a shit with their firearm would have dropped this retard.

Lastly, as you are now thinking of his tactical gear, let me go ahead and tell you it fucking hurts to get hit by a round in a vest. That is a round to the chest, it would hurt even more so on any other body part. He will drop to the ground like a sack of potatoes, you can possibly even kill him depending on the caliber of your gun if you hit him in the vest.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:23 AM
Aviak

http://www.infowars.com/video-71-yea...ld-be-robbers/