Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
L2Phantom & President do you two know each other in real life? You seem to have the same level of GAY
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Kobold

Don't deny our forum gayness.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Decaying Skeleton

hihi 700+ ppl on rite now
Old 05-26-2010, 11:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hihi 700+ ppl on rite now
-1. I quit. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihealyou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I speak for EVERYONE in game. They say hi.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The only thing different is you have to be in the zone to see what is for sale. If you're looking to buy something YOU HAD TO RUN TO FREEPORT ANYHOW because that's where the folks were who were selling it, and the bank!

And we've got a EC tunnel forum, anyone who is looking for something for "week" is doin it rong. You're either a) not offering enough $ or b) not on for whatever reason when the folks who do have it are online. Use the forum.

But more importantly, the Amygdalan knights? Oh hell yes! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And the ID Case from case mates in the google ad rocks socks. I love it. That is all.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also - Along with looking for lambent gear I was looking for Obsidian shards. One of which I ended up just camping for myself, the other of which I found a week after the 4-5 days I played a lot.
Might help if you weren't such a jerk to everyone on the server. A lot of people who have what you want to buy/sell never even know about it, because you're on their ignore lists...
Old 05-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Orc

There are 2 problems with the economy as a result of this change...

#1, yes, there are maybe 60 or so people in EC at a time...that's less than 10% of the potential buyers/sellers we used to have (at 600 to 700 population). That's not to say that the economy is 10% its former self, but it's considerably worse for the wear.

#2, and this is most important, is that the opportunity cost of buying/selling items now has increased so much that I find myself vendoring items worth hundreds of plat, that otherwise could have gone to new players, etc. The fact is, with the time I spend trying to sell, say, a 200pp item in EC, I could've made 900pp. So in effect I'm losing 700 platinum by attempting to sell the item. That's the main killer, here.

I appreciate the classic aspect and all - just throwing this out there for argument's sake :]
Old 05-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xantarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#2, and this is most important, is that the opportunity cost of buying/selling items now has increased so much that I find myself vendoring items worth hundreds of plat, that otherwise could have gone to new players, etc. The fact is, with the time I spend trying to sell, say, a 200pp item in EC, I could've made 900pp. So in effect I'm losing 700 platinum by attempting to sell the item. That's the main killer, here.
The market is fixing itself then, you will see prices adjust to reflect this as time goes on. The ease of buying and selling with global ooc was far too convenient.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2Phantom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The market is fixing itself then, you will see prices adjust to reflect this as time goes on.
Ya that might be true, except for the fact that there's also a high opportunity cost of BUYING the items. In taking an hour or two to buy the item I need, I could've made maybe 200-500pp killing giants (as an example), so the price should be LOWERED by 200-500pp than it otherwise was.

However, in the hour or two it takes to sell that 200pp item (as I said before) I could have made 200-500pp killing giants, so that the price should be RAISED 200-500pp from what it was, with the combined result being that so many people simply don't waste time by going to buy/sell in an otherwise non-productive zone.

One of the assumptions of a "market" is a relatively free flow of information which, as it stands, is VERY poor - it's very hard to connect to a buyer in SolB when one is in EC, or to a seller in South Karana when one is in lguk, since now the only way to do so is to send a direct tell to everyone there who isn't anonymous.

This all somewhat applies to finding groups/groupmates as well, except that /lfg mitigates that somewhat.

Again, this is just for the sake of discussion and to explicate what's going on - it IS more classic, to be sure, so that's a value judgment, there.

The argument cannot be made, however, that this is not crippling to the economy, and as you put it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2Phantom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ease of buying and selling with global ooc was far too convenient.
This is true, in relation to Classic (sort of, considering they also had a higher population), but is otherwise pure opinion. At least we agree it makes buying/selling much more difficult.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even the post on your front page shows that global chat was off by Sunday night, the 23rd.. I am quite sure when I was in EC Sunday night @ 11PM MST that global chat was disabled... However, I was pretty fucking tired, I could be thinking of Monday night..

NO WAY I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF A VENDOR MULE BEFORE!!!! I didn't include that because you can pretty much substitute vendor mules for the over level 15 people who are sitting there just to be social.

That is complete horseshit. I hardly EVER saw someone sell something in under 10 minutes, and I spent weeks trying to find items without luck. Specifically I spent 3ish weeks trying to get a set of diamondine earrings (granted, I play 10-20 hrs a week) until finally a guildie just gave me one. Two weeks ago when global ooc/auc was in place I was auctioning for lambent gear for 4-5 days(while playing much more than average) and only found a helm until a guildie decided he didn't mind unloading a full set on me.

I spent 2-3 days on my main farming the items for lambent gear because I went 2-3 weeks with nobody selling it. May be you should actually do some questing instead of waiting around for somebody else to sell it to you.
Closed Thread