Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 12:23 AM
Aviak

Reduced to desperate lies about LoZ because no one is playing this server where 90% of pop is one guild.

I play there and less then half the people I know box (You're only allowed to 2-box), in fact I would say it's about 25% at most.

Boxing is 1. Tedious as fuck and not fun 2. Horrible to pvp with against non-boxers.

It's generally used by people who are leveling melees to help move it along with a box shaman or druid.

Also boxing is only enabled until population breaks 100 individual players, which with the generally 10+ players joining a week on LoZ should just be a matter of time before it's gone altogether.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:10 AM
Banned

so many mads
Old 06-25-2012, 01:29 AM
Orc

2boxing wizards is pretty lulz
Old 06-25-2012, 01:38 AM
Aviak

Lets all play Everquest =)
Old 06-25-2012, 01:45 AM
Banned

Staff thought riding Holocaust's nuts (see: ridiculous GM server wide message) would be what the pop wanted.

Didn't work out so hot.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Staff thought riding Holocaust's nuts (see: ridiculous GM server wide message) would be what the pop wanted.

Didn't work out so hot.
Slrrp slrrp

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-25-2012, 09:58 AM
Kobold

My2c regarding LoZ:

Frankly, it doesn't have that 'legit' feeling to it, but it is undeniably more fun right now than red99. There were over 130 people on last night, even if 40 of those are additional clients, the server is still more lively and feels more alive than red99.

Is it ez? yeap, try soulbinders, 18-19% xp per yel/yed (havent even tried hotzones yet), vendors with research spells up to 50 for your class, YT, working ingame map, Global OOC, etc... it just isn't a pain in the ass to play, and although the diehard classic eq'ers will say blasphemy, truth is the majority of the eqemu crowd does not want to grind that shit out anymore or level without a pet because u cant find the words for it, etc

for the day and age in mmos now, LoZ is hittin the nail on the head in terms of playablity, will it ever be as reliable or stable as red99? probably not, but if ur goal is to logon and kill people.. its fun

Red99 Graveyard blog updated 4/8, find yourself!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Fire Giant

Rifts and Tera and WoW have tons of subs too.

More power to them if thats what they want. I never got into ez style games and I am not starting now. I enjoy classic EQ and am happy the devs opened a 2nd classic EQ server with red enabled.

Just not interested in "modern" eq , at all. These two severs (p99 and red99) are really for the "dire hard classic EQer" as you put it. Thats no secret, thats the whole purpose of of them.

I guess what I am trying to say is its compareing apples to oranges. red99 and ez69 are not really even the same game.

Not troll post, thats how I see it.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijinks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My2c regarding LoZ:

Frankly, it doesn't have that 'legit' feeling to it, but it is undeniably more fun right now than red99. There were over 130 people on last night, even if 40 of those are additional clients, the server is still more lively and feels more alive than red99.

Is it ez? yeap, try soulbinders, 18-19% xp per yel/yed (havent even tried hotzones yet), vendors with research spells up to 50 for your class, YT, working ingame map, Global OOC, etc... it just isn't a pain in the ass to play, and although the diehard classic eq'ers will say blasphemy, truth is the majority of the eqemu crowd does not want to grind that shit out anymore or level without a pet because u cant find the words for it, etc

for the day and age in mmos now, LoZ is hittin the nail on the head in terms of playablity, will it ever be as reliable or stable as red99? probably not, but if ur goal is to logon and kill people.. its fun
I have to agree with this post. I want to like LoZ, but I can't help but feel as though I'm playing some cartoon version of EQ whenever I log onto it.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr0llb0rn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess what I am trying to say is its compareing apples to oranges. red99 and ez69 are not really even the same game.
Duh huh huh huh huh huh
Closed Thread