Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks Aeol.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:20 AM
Developer

The hit rate is only off slightly.

Its the mitigation rates that are fubar.

I am working on fixing the faction wars once and for all at the moment. I spent about 10 hours working on them this weekend. I think I have them fixed finally, have a bit more testing to do first. Then I have one more bug that I found while working the faction wars. After I figure that one out, I will go back to work on the mitigation and damage tables.

Haynar
Old 05-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Aviak

Haynar, two questions...
1. For the hard data that you have, at what point or levels do you feel the miss rate is off slightly?
2. What is the current hit/miss formula?

I understand if you dont want to post the formula for the world to see, PM's work.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morndenkainen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haynar, two questions...
1. For the hard data that you have, at what point or levels do you feel the miss rate is off slightly?
2. What is the current hit/miss formula?

I understand if you dont want to post the formula for the world to see, PM's work.
He said back on page 18 that melee were actually hitting a bit too much, so it's not less. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Just FYI, in case you missed the post. But the mitigation issues could explain larger amounts of low damage hits.
Last edited by km2783; 05-24-2010 at 10:23 AM..
Old 05-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by km2783 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He said back on page 18 that melee were actually hitting a bit too much, so it's not less. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Just FYI, in case you missed the post. But the mitigation issues could explain larger amounts of low damage hits.
At 25 - im missing more than 35% of the time. I won't make a fuss about it unless I hit 50 and I'm still missing the same amount on BLUE mobs.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainzo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At 25 - im missing more than 35% of the time. I won't make a fuss about it unless I hit 50 and I'm still missing the same amount on BLUE mobs.
Got some parses/screenshots on that? Do not remember seeing anything like that.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Fire Giant

anyone using GameParse? it was working fine last time i was using it on live, but i cant get it working fully on P99.

I can get it to read the data of a fight and it will show my current fight data, so i can see my dmg and dps and others dmg and dps and total dps, so i know its sorta working. But it is not "recording" any fights so i can go back and review the detailed data such as miss/hits etc etc etc.

Don't wanna turn this into a gamparse discussion but if anyone is using it and has it working on P99 can you send me a PM?
Old 05-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Sarnak

use YALP parser. It was the classic parser, for kunark/veilous.

As I type this, I realize I no longer have the classic Version and Yalp.org is now shut down. This saddens me. I will take an hour to reflect on what this does to my life and how it changes my parsing ability.
Last edited by Kainzo; 05-24-2010 at 03:47 PM..
Old 05-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Fire Giant

Thank you Haynar for the responses. I was noticing how badly my SK was doing with his 2-Hander. I thought that I must be experiencing a lot of bad luck against those Blackburrow gnolls but now see that I am not alone.
-----------------------
Old 05-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by km2783 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im assuming the majority of the data he has is from a level 50 player, I'd just like to know what the data says that level 50 warrior/whatever is fighting. A level 12 mob? A level 50 mob? And what the actual miss % should be. It would REALLY help if I'd had some actual numbers to work off, but since finding parses seems next to impossible, (for me atleast) im left to go off of memory, and what other people "remember" as well.

Think of it this way. If a lev 50, fighting a level 50 mob, is supposed to miss 35-38% of the time, dont you think that a Lev 50 fighting a level 32 mob, should be hitting alot more than 65% of the time? Which I believe Presidents picture clearly shows...

Given the informantion Haynar has already provided and my current miss rate, I should be missing almost 38-43% of the time against a level 7 mob.. The char level 14 now and has offense/weapon skills maxed. I know thats not right. Can I prove it? No. Can you prove im wrong? No. Regardless, most people would agree the miss rate should be alot lower, especially considering that the melee skills I have are more than adequate to beat out a creatures thats 1/2 my level. Otherwise warriors will continue to be ineffective tanks because they simply cant hit.. Given the formula I tossed Haynar, the miss rate for what im fighting would be approximatley 18% lower or around 20-23%, which although sounds high, is still alot more accurate than it currently is.

Come to think of it, Does anyone out there with a level 19 or higher Melee char ever miss a level 1 mob?
Closed Thread