Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Large Bat

i would play on red if it had attention to its development. and other players cared for more players to play with.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murtos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i would play on red if it had attention to its development. and other players cared for more players to play with.
I hear what you are saying, but I would submit that since red follows a timeline that had the development work done already for blue, that really isn't as big an issue as it is for blue. True, there are pvp specific issues (resists appear to be the big one) but that's to be expected on a server like this, no?

If you ignore what goes on in /ooc and on the forums, I think you will be shocked at how very very cool most people on red really are. I've been screwing around with newbie toons on red contemplating starting there and have had half a dozen interactions with other players.....

One, someone tried to root and train me at the entrance to crushbone repeatedly. We zone danced and they eventually killed me. I came back got my corpse and medded up. They came back and attacked me again....another zone dance....This time I got them to 1% before they managed to zone and plug. Put me off my levelling for a bit but definately got the adrenaline going. And put a big grin on my face. Welcome to PvP.

Every other has involved higher levels helping me out with a bind I needed, giving advice, and even encouraging me to level up and join their guild. This, I would like to believe is the silent majority of that server that you never hear about on the boards. Nobody is going to hand you anything, nor should they. What, I think, people want to see is some initiative and thick skin and they will respect you as a player there.

You just need an open mind, a thick skin, a sense of humor and a love of EQ to have fun in pvp, imo. It's more about how you approach it than the other players, I think.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Sarnak

Vallon Zek rules but hard coded.

I.e. race wars, Lighties/Elves/Pecks/Darkies.
4 teams.
Free for all.

Yeah.

- Eliphas Levi
Old 05-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekniq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If everyone started off at level 50 with all of their spells.
this or some type of compromise like ....level 45 to start and and regular xp mods from 45-60.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 05-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavrefamn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vallon Zek rules but hard coded.

I.e. race wars, Lighties/Elves/Pecks/Darkies.
4 teams.
Free for all.

Yeah.
No. History has shown us that if you leave all the best race/class combos to one team, that team is the winner of the server before it even begins. Trolls and Ogres, Shadowknights and Necromancers are incredibly powerful in PvP and unfortunately you MUST balance the races in an uncanonical fashion if there is to be parity and good times on Red.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:35 PM
Kobold

Yeah, I was on SZ and good team. Check the official site. What's up, Halas?

I would play red in a hot second if I could get my characters duplicated to red. There are DBags on every server, but in red, you can punish them for it. Bind camping solves a lot of bad behavior. You get with a good group of guildies and get things popping like clockwork in PVP and it's a sight to see. Just one thing:
You are going to die, a lot.
If you get emotions involved when you die, you are not only a poor sport, but you are going to be a target for many people, and a untouchable to the rest. You take your deaths and gankings like a man. What goes around comes around.
I just don't want to spend months re-establishing my foundation again. If I could get my characters duped to Red, absolutely.

"Magic is in the feeling, I can make you do, what I want you to."
-Brimacombe
Old 05-18-2012, 11:41 PM
Sarnak

If they reset the server, kept global ooc, and banned the exploiters. Red 99 was a lot of fun on release then the first people to 50 exploited, and top guilds as well. Ruined it for everyone and now it is dead...
Old 05-18-2012, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

it would be nice if certain buffs were restricted by the pvp level range. it would be hard to say which ones, but just ports, sow, levi, and invis/ivu/see-invis would probably be enough. I know this kinda sounds stupid, (and it ruins a lot of powerleveling, but who cares), but it really kills the low end of the game when a lvl 50 hangs around his lvl 15 buddy and keeps him fully buffed and the lowbie griefs anyone in level range who zones in to exp. hard to fight that kinda person when the server pop is so low (i guess this goes back to the issue of too many griefers for how many people play red)
Old 05-18-2012, 11:58 PM
Sarnak

The only realistic thing that would bring people to red is if the blue loggin server is down. Like right now, 70 on red. New high for them!
Old 05-19-2012, 12:12 AM
Aviak

I'd play on Red if it were just starting out. As it is, the idea of running around with a rusty weapon and a cloth tunic against twinks who can roflstomp me and loot my coppers just doesn't sound appealing.

I played on Tallon Zek a little back in the day. I enjoyed the short vs medium vs large race team setup.

I had a gnome shadowknight that was in an all gnome guild, had a great time.

And when another shortie race was being a douchebag, I'd log in my woodelf bard and either take care of him myself or feed intel to someone else who could take care of him if i couldn't or didn't want to.

While not entirely against FFA (it has its perks) I would definitely prefer a team based pvp server myself.
Closed Thread