Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 01:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I played live as an enchanter during Velious. While i believe enchanters were the most power class in the game over the course of the first 5 or so expansions..i think the shaman could solo better during the Velious time. I hate saying it..but they could solo the dragons..while we could only solo one of them =/ (among other things of course)
Old 05-13-2012, 03:06 AM
Planar Protector

Care to elaborate? I'm actually pretty curious about this.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:56 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played live as an enchanter during Velious. While i believe enchanters were the most power class in the game over the course of the first 5 or so expansions..i think the shaman could solo better during the Velious time. I hate saying it..but they could solo the dragons..while we could only solo one of them =/ (among other things of course)
Well what I don't understand is, even if shaman can solo better in Velious, whats the point if its just the WW dragons?

According to this thread, velious camps dropped little to no good items in dungeons that could be farmed, and outside of dragons in velious, Kunark still seems the best available option to farm and solo for the challenge (which Enchanters excel at).

So ultimately, is the question really moot and since the loot all drops in Kunark which means Enchanter still has the edge...

Or, with the increased health and mana pools, does shaman become the best soloer since he can now do all of the same things in Kunark that a chanter can do in addition to the mobs in WW?
Old 05-13-2012, 05:18 AM
Planar Protector

Well I know that a Shaman is one of the few classes that can solo Lodizal in Iceclad. That thing summons like hell. Some very nice loot on that turtle for sure. It is one, long, drawn out fight for sure.

It also drops one of the map pages for the Eyepatch of Plunder quest. A clicky Haste Face item. Stormfeather is a LONG ass camp to get one of the other map parts.

Problem with a Enchanter in Velious is the mobs hit so much harder. Lots harder. And some of the zones in Velious are a LONG ways away to get back to if you die. And Enchanters die a lot in any expansion.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah like you couldn't charm ridiculous shit in Kael, OK
Oh gee, thanks.

That almost makes up for 95% of the worthwhile content being immune to the two class defining Enchanter skills.

+1

- Eliphas Levi
Old 05-13-2012, 05:42 AM
Banned

Giants in Kael could be charmed before the nerfs.

If they follow the timeline right, they should be here, too.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Aviak

What giants nerfed or still able to be charmed?

Also, could anyone help me out with the previous response I posted? Much appreciated.
Closed Thread