Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hear_My_Sermon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let us pay homage to the greatest bard this server has ever seen

Illi

aka Cast of Holocaust
Would the greatest bard on the server die over 75 times while kiting?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 01-13-2012, 02:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would the greatest bard on the server die over 75 times while kiting?
Yes, Illi is the best
Old 02-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Aviak

I've managed to kite in Crushbone atop of trainer hill. I decided to give it at shot and see if I was able. I managed to kill everything on top of the hill (even the trainer who cons yellow).

The problem is, every time I wanted to re-dot them I had to take some damage. There seemed to be no way around me taking hits. I tried multiple tactics of weaving back to cast on them, trying to let them get closer but not close enough to bite, etc. Nothing seemed to work. I would assume at a higher level and with mobs that stun more often I would have been dead. Luckily here there were only a few mobs most of them were green.

How do you re-dot the mobs without getting hit?
Last edited by Cynosure; 02-20-2012 at 11:57 AM..
Old 02-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynosure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've managed to kite in Crushbone atop of trainer hill. I decided to give it at shot and see if I was able. I managed to kill everything on top of the hill (even the trainer who cons yellow).

The problem is, every time I wanted to re-dot them I had to take some damage. There seemed to be no way around me taking hits. I tried multiple tactics of weaving back to cast on them, trying to let them get closer but not close enough to bite, etc. Nothing seemed to work. I would assume at a higher level and with mobs that stun more often I would have been dead. Luckily here there were only a few mobs most of them were green.

How do you re-dot the mobs without getting hit?
If you're not fighting stuff with exceptional reach or speed (giants, drolvargs, sowed mobs, etc.), then you must just not be doing it quite right.

Bottom line is it's pretty damn tricky getting in close enough to land chords dot without getting meleed though, since the 30 range is so close to the melee reach of most stuff. The method that I believe works best for sticking the 30-range dot(s) is straferunning without movement enhancers... but that is probably only going to work in a large, outdoor zone line SK or OT or something, not in CB.

I've never gotten much better than 50/50 on success/death when using the 30-range dots (using the autorun, strafe left, mouseturn right method). There's just too fine of a line between landing it and getting insta-killed for my skill/settings, although this method worked quite nicely for levels 18-25 and 30-47 in OT using the level 18 dot exclusively; probably only died 6-7 times total.
Last edited by fischsemmel; 02-20-2012 at 12:33 PM..
Old 02-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Ahh! who moved my thread?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 02-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Large Rat

Thanks for sharing great article +rep
Old 04-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

Im wondering if i can get some advice on AE kiting,

When i do it i gather my stuff make afew circles to tighten them
Then i drop my selo and strafe+auto run and mouse drive,

My question is i find this way with no selo i can leave my dot tickin without switching intruments but i have to make wider circles when im 51+ im wondering if this method will still be good in zones like DL>BW>skyfire cause theres just so many roamers.

could anyone enlighten me on maybe a better method for tighter spots so i can pull this off without getting roamers from my wide circles.

also wondering if anyone can suggest a leveling Ae guild 51-55 then 55-60

Thanks.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQsale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im wondering if i can get some advice on AE kiting,

When i do it i gather my stuff make afew circles to tighten them
Then i drop my selo and strafe+auto run and mouse drive,

My question is i find this way with no selo i can leave my dot tickin without switching intruments but i have to make wider circles when im 51+ im wondering if this method will still be good in zones like DL>BW>skyfire cause theres just so many roamers.

could anyone enlighten me on maybe a better method for tighter spots so i can pull this off without getting roamers from my wide circles.

Thanks.
I use the same method. I personally wouldn't try it in DL or Skyfire but I've used it in BW just fine in areas with very few roamers (near the sarnak fort). There's probably an area of the zone with less mobs but I'm just not familiar with it.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 04-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQsale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guild? Do you mean guide?

You can keep up with the same old kind of thing you were doing in OT up through 55 in BW. After that it slows down quite a bit, imo.

I'll give you my 55+ method after I hit 60 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Btw, almost 59 giegue. I'll be a 60 bard in only like 2 more months![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Aviak

How much of a difference to the DoT would different horns make? I plan on using a regular merchent bought horn, but if the bank balance agrees with my kiting efficency, would it be worth while paying out for a Horn of War? (They are about 6-7k?!).
Closed Thread