Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Fire Giant

Enchanter charm is fine where it's at. I feel it's more aligned with how it was in classic. Having played a enchanter on live, and a enchanter here pre and post charm nerf it feels right.

Wizard AoE (1)wave spells do get eaten by a pet. It sucks since it truly was just a bug on Varent's part and should have never happened, and they admitted so. Just like how bards would be broken every patch, the code was so fucked up, if they changed one thing 3 others would break.

On that subject

Bard debuffs/buffs would stack regardless. A bard with Orb of Tishan could proc on a NPC that already had a higher level tash from an enchanter and stack. It was one of the key things to slow npcs that typically wouldn't be slow-able due to resists. Also the Singing Steel bracer right click would stack on anyone with a higher level Mage/Druid DS.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage and necro pets don't auto dual wield past a certain level (29 from the top of my head).
Yes, they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Up to PoP included (at least), a mob would automatically resist when hit by the third wave of a rain spell, not on P99.
This is not true. Rain spells on P99 work the same way they did on Live. A certain number of waves for a certain number of targets.

***Nilbog, I think you are the only thing that is keeping this server going still. A big bright positive in a sea of... otherwise.
Last edited by Slave; 04-13-2012 at 02:10 PM..
Old 04-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter charm is fine where it's at. I feel it's more aligned with how it was in classic. Having played a enchanter on live, and a enchanter here pre and post charm nerf it feels right.

No, it doesn't.

I played an Enchanter for years, I was constantly in contact with other Enchanters throughout the ages and I'm pretty damn sure I know how powerful charm is supposed to be in each era.

I can say, without a trace of irony or conceit; Charm is substantially worse here than it was on live during the old world/kunark era.

Quote:
My personal opinion is that enchanter charm is probably 25% shorter than is classic (you can search for threads started by me to see the long and disgusting nerdrage) but that its already pretty OP due to a more skilled playerbase
You could argue the same about every other class and skill in the game( Great knowledge of aggro control, pulling, etc)

Where are the rampant nerfs to everyone else?

- Eliphas Levi
Last edited by Scavrefamn; 04-13-2012 at 02:30 PM..
Old 04-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Let me rephrase that a little. Currently my enchanter is a borderline god. If you give two weapons and epic haste to a L50 pet, it will do 120 dps (1.5 epic rogues), have 10k hp (2 raid buffed warriors) and stay charmed for 2-3 minutes on average. If you are feeling rich, you can give it two stun whips which will own the other NPCs but which you will resist 100% due to GRM. If it breaks charm, 9/10 times I can stun/mez/recharm easily enough, and the other 1/10 of the time I hit my WC cap.

My L60 enchanter is more effective than some of the more dysfunctional full groups. I have soloed every named in HS South, some multiple times - this area regularly wipes whole groups of 57+. I have soloed every named in the Chef/Bar area. I've soloed 3/4 named in the Crypt, including the Hierophant (he dropped the sword, sadly). I've soloed mobs in HS East even.

Again, I feel that charm is a bit underpowered - I never played an enchanter on live, but I'm basing this on Xornns descriptions. But my enchanter is already so ridiculously strong it just seems silly to make him ludicrously strong (I love spaceballs!).
Old 04-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh god. You know that Save already gives his charmed pets the -10MR ring from guk and 1K of stunning weapons? If this happens he'll carry around a Cloak of Flames and a 10 item a kit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can be dangerous. If pet dies to a npc it poofs. If server crashes it poofs. I stopped using a pet kit on live during Ldon due to all the crashes they had in the 1st month...
Old 04-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Sarnak

This server is very stable. I don't think it would poof with the "crashes" we have seen with the login server. You would just have to find that pet and recharm it. Granted you can't loot items here yet, but if you could I wouldn't be afraid of giving a pet some bling.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Large Bat

Back on topic..

Spell animations flow upward from your hands rather than outward.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never played an enchanter on live
Then you have no point.

What you can or cannot solo is irrelevant, I recall a monk soloing Nagafen on live at one point after the mitigation nerf, that doesn't mean monks were overpowered or didn't need help(They did/got it).
I've also heard of people geared to the teeth(Sks/Monks/etc) destroying content here on P99 that other lesser geared groups could not handle.

My entire point is; Charm is nerf-raped on this server.
It would be nice if it wasn't.
That is all.

- Eliphas Levi
Old 04-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

Would be nice to have bolt spells back in. I was playing around with them on the EQMac server, and have their distinct advantages and disadvantages compared to vanilla DD spells.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavrefamn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Points out one sentence - brings up a bunch of irrelevant conjecture - ignores valid arguments in the rest of the post and reverts to hyperbole (I can only solo Hierophant! I should be able to solo everything in Seb!)

All I need is an image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Closed Thread