Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol harrison is still here shitting up the threads, GG
biggest problem of the server to date has been harrison , nothing else
Old 04-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Banned

if global ooc was in the game id log in and sit at bank to listen to the drama and shit it up personally

no point in playing theres no progression / nothing fun , i come to this forum to read the shitting and see pics , but id rather log in if the shit talking was on server personally
Old 04-13-2012, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

lol slave still posting about hardcoded teams
Old 04-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Banned

virtually every game since this one has had some form of global chat because the thousands of game developers and hundreds of millions of players all recognize that it is needed and is a good addition to the player experience.

seems as though it is only here that a handful of morons will rail against it because they are afraid someone will make fun of them, and having never learned the "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" philosophy that everyone else picked up in first grade this would be quite traumatic for them.

the primary reason this server is dead is not because of an assholish playerbase, a server admin that abandoned the server or lack of content. it is because it does not provide anything that the playerbase as a whole wanted....... (i say wanted, because the 60 people left largely do not want it that way, the 550 who quit...... did)

1> global ooc? nope, someone might get their feelings hurt.

2> leaderboards? nope, the carebears will get their feelings hurt that they have 10 deaths for each kill.

3> yellow text? of course not, need i point out that the people who suck at and avoid pvp do not need such a heavy blow to their already fragile self esteem?

4> a non interfering staff? whats that? nope we will instead have a series of ever changing vague "rules" that are unevenly enforced with definitions that are periodically changed.

and a lot more i dont feel like remembering offhand.

granted we finally got an xp boost, unfortunately it was months after everyone that quit over the slow xp were already long gone.

the server, server staff & their handholding, hard coded ruleset and the server "rules" all combine to create an experience thet rewards mediocrity, cowardice, zerging and shitty players. pvp'ers want global chat so they can create and foster rivalries with their foes, we want yellow text when we kill someone because it is more fun that way, same reason a pinball machine has lights and noises, leaderboards would be where a lot of the competitiveness of the server between the better players could flesh itself out.

instead we get nothing for defeating the enemy except a 15 minute med break and the defeated loses nothing.
Last edited by Darwoth; 04-13-2012 at 10:09 AM..
Old 04-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the primary reason this server is dead is not because of an assholish playerbase, a server admin that abandoned the server or lack of content. it is because it does not provide anything that the playerbase as a whole wanted....... (i say wanted, because the 60 people left largely do not want it that way, the 550 who quit...... did)

We had global chat in the beginning, it was called OOC. There was enough population back then to not need an OOC channel, so the argument that it was a lack of OOC that made the pop drop doesnt stand on solid ground.

Irrelevant until pop dropped, so it wasnt a factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

2> leaderboards? nope, the carebears will get their feelings hurt that they have 10 deaths for each kill.
I dont think that was ever a factor, would have been nice maybe, but i doubt hard that this is why a significant portion of the pop ran away.

Quote:
3> yellow text? of course not, need i point out that the people who suck at and avoid pvp do not need such a heavy blow to their already fragile self esteem?
Again, would have been nice, but hardly why people left the server

Quote:
4> a non interfering staff? whats that? nope we will instead have a series of ever changing vague "rules" that are unevenly enforced with definitions that are periodically changed.
This might have annoyed a few, i know it did annoy me, but not in a uthgaard way,
which would have caused me to leave the server.

Quote:
granted we finally got an xp boost, unfortunately it was months after everyone that quit over the slow xp were already long gone.
Now youre getting closer to what i think made people run away.

Quote:
the server, server staff & their handholding, hard coded ruleset and the server "rules" all combine to create an experience thet rewards mediocrity, cowardice, zerging and shitty players. pvp'ers want global chat so they can create and foster rivalries with their foes, we want yellow text when we kill someone because it is more fun that way, same reason a pinball machine has lights and noises, leaderboards would be where a lot of the competitiveness of the server between the better players could flesh itself out.
What fostered zerging the most IMO, is pvp xp loss. Because, like holocaust did in the beginning, if you zerg, the pve grind is bad enough already that people will have to run from a group that has the numerical advantage or eat pvp xp death, on top of the harsh grind.

Not having the simple option, IMO, to be able to pvp all day if that was your wish, and try to get back at the zerg who repeatedly ganked you, like you did on Rallos, is what was the biggest mistake. That and not having guards engage people in cities. That is what you could do, and what did happen in Gfay on Rallos. People would do nothing but pvp for hours on the platforms, near the lifts. Because it was fun. Didnt need anything else than that. Can you imagine someone back on Rallos in 2000-2001 complaining about "bind rushing" in Gfay? lol he woulda been laughed off the forums by 99% of the pop.

Everquest 1 is not a deep game like eve online where you can do another bunch of stuff if you cannot pve or pvp. So running away from groups being the bread and butter of your daily experience might have caused more than a few to quit, because it gets boring as fuck, real quick.

Thats how you learn to pvp, too. How are you expected to play EQ as a new guy, when you are heavily penalized for dying? When more experienced players will come at you with better gear, more numbers? At least if you dont lose xp, you can just stick with it until you get better at it. Not only that, a good fraction of the server is trying to make you quit the server by griefing you with pvp xp loss.

Having to run or lose xp on top of the pve grind each time you encountered an holocaust/whatever zerg group is what killed the pop server IMO. (not fun)

Now you may call me retarded, that brilliant argument you made against my reasoning earlier, but im pretty sure this is the main reason why people left the server:
- Pvp is something you do when you have the number advantage, or run away from.

Holocaust lost the zerging game and hardly log on anymore. It was kind of a weird king of the zerging hill type server and nihilum won. How the devs did not see that coming from a mile away is beyond me.
I guess they thought the only thing that really mattered is end game zone control. That should have been weighted against: Is it a fun ride getting to 50? which is what anyone that isnt an hardcore poopsocker/griefer would care about. Pvp xp loss serves only niche pve poopsockers and indirectly griefers whose stated goal is to lower the pop of the server.

Darwoth is doing something here that is called cognitive dissonance. Holding 2 contradictory notions in your head at the same time and beleiving them to be true.

1) Pvp xp loss is a non-factor

2) Harsh xp grind lowered the pop, guildies overtly stating they are out to grief people off the server with pvp xp loss
Last edited by Tradesonred; 04-13-2012 at 12:06 PM..
Old 04-13-2012, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

It was probably hard to see any negative impact from PVP exp loss because they had their heads buried in the sand and ignored all the threads from people saying it wasn't going to be awesome
Old 04-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostbitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was probably hard to see any negative impact from PVP exp loss because they had their heads buried in the sand and ignored all the threads from people saying it wasn't going to be awesome
Softcorepk comes to mind
Old 04-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Banned

Lol losing 1-3% experience is the reason the server failed, you heard it here folks.

Losing one to two mobs worth of xp in pvp crippled pvp. Lol you are so bad
Old 04-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
virtually every game since this one has had some form of global chat because the thousands of game developers and hundreds of millions of players all recognize that it is needed and is a good addition to the player experience.

seems as though it is only here that a handful of morons will rail against it because they are afraid someone will make fun of them, and having never learned the "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" philosophy that everyone else picked up in first grade this would be quite traumatic for them.

and a lot more i dont feel like remembering offhand.

instead we get nothing for defeating the enemy except a 15 minute med break and the defeated loses nothing.
don't forget the shitty resist code that needs a mentioning
Old 04-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Banned

You mean the resist code that is better than any before it on any pvp server?
Closed Thread