Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogerio looked great for his first UFC fight, I'm really happy about that as well. Rua should beat Machida (again) but I don't know why you think Rashad could beat Rua, or even get to him (through Thiago Silva and another top contender). Randy fighting Marc Coleman next should be... funny. I think they're trying to give Randy an easy yet somewhat justifiable path to the title shot at 205 against Machida.

Anyway... yeah hope the server comes back up soon.
Mainly cause I can't stand Rua. There was no one I liked in the LHW div till Rogerio showed up. Wanderlei went down a class. Maybe Franklin if he finishes the climb. I mean, Forrest is a joke, Rua couldn't finish Mark Coleman, Rampage is MIA, Randy is old, Thiago choked his last fight, Rashad has a glass jaw, LHW is pretty much wide open atm. So, my lhw fighters are down to Brandon (who got screwed), Randy and Rogerio.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Aviak

The server was advertised on /b/ and /v/ of 4chan respectively last night.

Were they behind the DDoS attack? It was not mentioned in either thread that I saw nor was there any indication to do so.

It IS entirely possible multiple IPs hit the site (ranging in the 1000's) due to how extremely popular /b/ and /v/ are. Resulting in what would APPEAR to be a DDoS attack.

I have more information if anyone is interested.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zithax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I'm sure 4chan took part in this.

yeah.
Either this thread is full of masterful trolls or mind blowing plebs.

I am trending to the later but remain cautious.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recyclebin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have more information if anyone is interested.

I know I am. It would actually be pretty funny if this was the result of a bunch of 4chan people suddenly bombarding the site.

Surprisingly I have never visited 4chan before, and I am quite glad that I never did. I made the mistake of trying to find the thread you were speaking of... Looks like they only keep stuff from the current day available.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

I seriously, seriously doubt 4chan is behind this.

Not that I don't think that they could DDoS a server, but that they probably wouldn't unless they were lied to about Project 1999. After all, they're a bunch of nerds like us and don't really have anything to object to about P1999.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takshaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know I am. It would actually be pretty funny if this was the result of a bunch of 4chan people suddenly bombarding the site.

Surprisingly I have never visited 4chan before, and I am quite glad that I never did. I made the mistake of trying to find the thread you were speaking of... Looks like they only keep stuff from the current day available.
I am half positive it may have been a result of people simply opening the website or hitting the links posted on /b/ and /v/ yesterday.

Reasoning? I've seen small community projects like this buckle under the weight of /b/ and /v/'s presence alone.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I seriously, seriously doubt 4chan is behind this.

Not that I don't think that they could DDoS a server, but that they probably wouldn't unless they were lied to about Project 1999. After all, they're a bunch of nerds like us and don't really have anything to object to about P1999.
I half agree with you Pyro -- I seriously doubt a DDoS, however the sheer weight of 4chan /b/ and /v/ combined can bring many small scale servers like this to its knees simply by attempting to all play at once.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:28 PM
Aviak

Lets turn that bitch back on and find out then?!
Old 11-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recyclebin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I seriously doubt a DDoS, however the sheer weight of 4chan /b/ and /v/ combined can bring many small scale servers like this to its knees simply by attempting to all play at once.
That would actually explain why the emu forum was having a hell of a time keeping up as well as the login server. I am assuming that nilbog runs these on different servers from p1999.

The only way to verify this is to check the logs to see if there was a sudden influx of account creations. I would be much happier if this were the case instead of a second ddos.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Aviak

I have a amazing word of mouth ability -- hopefully it wasn't a DDoS maybe I over advertised.

My bad.
Closed Thread