Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t see any logic in this and not sure whether it was like this back in the day…. any thoughts on this?
Logic != Classic EQ.

But yes I remember this as well. We nuked shit that ran.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoucLangur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wudan were you actually *missing*, or did it say "your target is out of range" or "you cannot see your target" due to your client and the server not synchronizing well?
nah it's actual misses. I've missed 10+ times in a row with a 40 delay 2hander which was enough for the mob to heal enough and resume fighting.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Sarnak

Yeah its happens with bows too, I counted 10 misses in a row today on a mob, started as soon as it started to flee. Noticed it as soon as I started playing but thought it was normal. Had a ranger on live and don't recall this but I started her after Luclin.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Fire Giant

I too experience this.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

I get a lot of 'out of range' in this case...I have to be a LOT closer, almost right on top of the mob in order to hit consistently. Don't remember that from classic. It hard to tell whether I miss more, as I seem to be able to try to hit a lot less.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Aviak

Default !

You need to buy my special "Dagger's of Backstabbing!" sure to increase your to hit chance on fleeing mobs! They look like regular Rusty Daggers but are for sure to increase your hits! No money back! 2k plat each!
Old 04-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoucLangur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wudan were you actually *missing*, or did it say "your target is out of range" or "you cannot see your target" due to your client and the server not synchronizing well?
Doh.

I would have to be colorblind and illiterate to mistake those messages...yes its missing.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

I've noticed the same thing with my pet. As soon as the mob starts fleeing, my pet can't seem to hit it. Don't remember that being the case on live, but it has been over a decade. I also thought that if you hit something from behind, you would damage it more, or it would have less of a chance of dodging/missing. Don't know that for fact, just vaguely remember something along those lines.
Closed Thread