Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Default Magic's List of Grievances

Magic: I thought, since you seem independently unable, that it would be a nice thing to do to help you express your pent-up frustrations in a meaningful fashion to others. Many people choose to do this form of self-expression in the form of a list. A list like the one I am talking about is an organization of ideas, such that the list seperates one issue from another, discusses the issues, and classifies them based on a number. Now I know this is going to be hard for you to handle at first so I'm going to give you a skeleton of how it could look unless you come up with a better system that works for you.

Problem: What is the matter, Magic? How have others spent their free (unpaid) time wrongly, such that the product they are giving you for free isn't correct?
Possible Reason(s) for the Problem: Who's fault do you think this issue is, Magic? Lay your blame here!
Suggestions for the Future: How should others spend their free time in the future to better suit your individual needs? This is where you tell the hard-working devs of Project 1999 exactly how their time could be better spent.

Now, you try!
Just copy/paste this next section into a reply, fill it out, and then paste it again, but change the number! It's that easy!

Problem:
Possible Reason(s) for the Problem:
Suggestions for the Future:
Old 11-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Orc

Problem: This is the best server ever.
Reasons for problem: one of the best games ever.
Suggestions for future: Roots! make a solid foundation and set procedures.

Ex: This is how beta testing works. No, you don't get the loot. No, it's not for your personal benefit. Let's beta test with more than just IB.

Ex: Erudite ran across the road a... *banned*

Ex: Irrespondible Guild: well you see the Bug let us beat the mob and then WTYW it, and then that mob over there never worked shhh *Guild disbanded*

rules and enforcement (so people believe you), because after a couple bans there won't be erudites running across the road, and there won't be guilds doing anything shifty. Not saying there are, but I am saying if you see guilds abusing stuff, then need to be disbanded to prove no one can do that.

If your too nice and too forgiving, you'll be walked over for a full year. If you lay down the law, there is no questions and the whining turns into respect.
Last edited by cassaruby; 11-22-2009 at 03:49 PM..
Old 11-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassaruby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Problem: This is the best server ever.
Reasons for problem: one of the best games ever.
Suggestions for future: Roots! make a solid foundation and set procedures.

Ex: This is how beta testing works. No, you don't get the loot. No, it's not for your personal benefit. Let's beta test with more than just IB.

Ex: Erudite ran across the road a... *banned*

Ex: Irrespondible Guild: well you see the Bug let us beat the mob and then WTYW it, and then that mob over there never worked shhh *Guild disbanded*

rules and enforcement (so people believe you), because after a couple bans there won't be erudites running across the road, and there won't be guilds doing anything shifty. Not saying there are, but I am saying if you see guilds abusing stuff, then need to be disbanded to prove no one can do that.

If your too nice and too forgiving, you'll be walked over for a full year. If you lay down the law, there is no questions and the whining turns into respect.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Orc

so confused.

- Please try and follow the “Play Nice Policy” rule set. Players need to use their common sense here and not do unethical things for personal gain.

- DO NOT use racist remarks. DO NOT harass people. Limit your use of profanity, especially in public channels. Remember there is a difference between cursing and cursing at someone. You will receive warning, and if you still refuse to cooperate, you will be banned.

- If you witness, discover or hear of an exploit it becomes your responsibility to report that exploit. Some exploits could include: Loot dropping improperly for large monetary gain, pathing exploit allowing you kill NPCs at ease, or a quest rewarding you experience and giving you back the quest item to turn it in over and over for experience. We ask for everyone’s cooperation in this matter. It is important for us to stomp out any issues as quickly as we can so that things stay legit.

copy pasted rules from Wenai.

I'm an apartment manager and i go to school to fly airplanes, and it's not a trainwreck.
If you don't enforce your rules people walk over you and you have no power. In america the aparment rules are in the tenants favor, so as a manager, if i'm not stronger the nicer I am to my tenants, they walk over me.

So, I am very close to asking if your an idiot, Hasbin, but I won't ask it directly yet.
As I preceive it, your trainwreck picture was because I posted something that threatened your point of view. But it's in the rules and they need to be enforced, no?
Last edited by cassaruby; 11-22-2009 at 04:04 PM..
Old 11-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Your ability to stay on topic with a post is trainwreck-picture-worthy.

This post was specifically about trolling and belittling Magic.

If you don't want to troll or belittle Magic, please take your agenda to a more appropriate thread to do whatever it is that you're trying to accomplish here.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Kobold

They fixed hundreds and hundreds of exploits on live, years after release. The only reason people are aware of how buggy project1999 is; is because its a small community and people are extremely vocal when they blindly support their banned friends and guildees.

Why has calling every single mmo in existence beta suddenly a fad.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Orc

beta means they are testing Plane of Hate or Mayong Mistmoore, etc.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Orc

Sorry Hasbinbad, this is a takeover and your threads purpose has been detoured to a different more important matter, which is preventing future drama and injustice... you know the heart of the matter.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Aviak

we are not testing any content with a guild. They were setup and tested with the beta testers we had during Beta. We observe these types of encounters so that if they arent working as we had thought they were, we can fix them.

The conspiracy theories continue.

Sad day when people cant listen to what has been explain a million times over.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Orc

Fanwen, look, it's not about conspiracy's... you're argueing with something that's not there.

It's called rules, procedures, and enforcement.
If the rules are there, then it's clear.
If there is a problem, you follow a procedure so as not to waste your time
If a rule is broken it needs to be enforced (not because of the individual that did it, but because no other person may continue to break said rules).

So the next step and obvious question is, what is the conspiracy.., because I don't see one. I only see a solution.
preventative measurements that prevent risk of drama and wasting GM's time. also the beta test rule prevents abuse.

Current Problems: IB beta testing new content (MM and PoH)
and people not following rules (erudite jokes and other crap)
because they are not enforced.

It's normal to feel bad enforcing a rule, because the criminal is really not that bad, but what they contribute to is.
Last edited by cassaruby; 11-22-2009 at 04:19 PM..
Closed Thread