Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

The issue is that we're just asking for simple answers to simple questions, it would just take one post. There's so much frustration on behalf of the playerbase because we can't even get that.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:25 PM
Fire Giant

honestly, at this point, i wouldn't even bother. i spent a long time helping new players in the hopes they'd stick around, but the real problem is that even when a massive majority of the playerbase asks for something (e.g. yellow text, global 1-30 chat channel) to promote a growing population, it gets turned down by devs that don't even play on this server. the fact that rogean peaced to play swtor, and posts on the FOH boards more than he does on his own servers' forums, speaks volumes.

this server will limp along as it is now, slowly bleeding off players until gw2 is out - after that, i won't care what happens to it anyway.
Last edited by jeffd; 03-21-2012 at 08:30 PM..
Old 03-21-2012, 08:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thanks to r99 staff/bad asses i for one love this shit.
We might wanna quit bitching, prob why he doesn't give a fuck about us or this server.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

People bitch because this server has gone pretty much ignored for months on end, if there would be a simple post by Rogean saying "here's the timeline X, here's the plan for global ooc, here's the plan about resists, this is our thoughts about exp and shared hybrid penalty" people would stop bitching.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but the real problem is that even when a massive majority of the playerbase asks for something (e.g. yellow text, global 1-30 chat channel) to promote a growing population, it gets turned down by devs that don't even play on this server. ....
There is no "massive majority" that wants yellow text. This is another problem the staff have to deal with: idiots claiming to speak for the majority.

As for some kind of summit with the players, it should preferably be on IRC or in game where it's more interactive, and there should be grounds for excluding certain people from participation. I'm not saying it should be a circle jerk of all the people who think the same way as me, but people who are known to frequently lie, break the rules, or be blatantly rude to the staff shouldn't even be considered. There are plenty of reasonable people in all the major guilds so you can represent the population's opinions without letting everyone participate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand
People bitch because this server has gone pretty much ignored for months on end, if there would be a simple post by Rogean saying "here's the timeline X, here's the plan for global ooc, here's the plan about resists, this is our thoughts about exp and shared hybrid penalty" people would stop bitching.
They don't owe you anything. This server hasn't been ignored; relative to blue99 the population was consulted/appeased a lot more. You would help your cause a lot better if you just stopped posting.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 03-21-2012, 09:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no "massive majority" that wants yellow text. This is another problem the staff have to deal with: idiots claiming to speak for the majority.

As for some kind of summit with the players, it should preferably be on IRC or in game where it's more interactive, and there should be grounds for excluding certain people from participation. I'm not saying it should be a circle jerk of all the people who think the same way as me, but people who are known to frequently lie, break the rules, or be blatantly rude to the staff shouldn't even be considered. There are plenty of reasonable people in all the major guilds so you can represent the population's opinions without letting everyone participate.

They don't owe you anything. This server hasn't been ignored; relative to blue99 the population was consulted/appeased a lot more. You would help your cause a lot better if you just stopped posting.
worst bard on server
sidenote: did not read
p.s.- spamming "nerd alert" to him in tells shuts him up fast
Old 03-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread