Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Banned

vztz had a sick bug that if you hide to go indif, you invis yourself, which makes you able to run around with no NPC able to see you.

Was sick for Sebilis pvp.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:51 AM
Aviak

Further Proof: http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/show...p?t=50&page=13

Decided to start my SK alt's epic recently. Spent about 5 hours camping the armor bullshit (I got 3 of the 6 pieces in CT in 1 hour, and the next 4 hours was all repeats or the pieces not needed). Finally decided to check here, found out the invis/hide crap still works (coulda sworn that got nerfed in PoP/Luclin, but oh well). Since my ranger had Soul Leech and Blade of Abrogation I was pretty much set. My twinked SK managed to solo everything at level 55.

However, when I got to Marl Kistane part soon as I got to his area another SK logged in and subsequently logged out. Swore up and down that I had to wait 2 days now, but I decided to wait. Few hours later Marl finally popped and I got that part done. Two days later I got him again and went to Paineel to make my Corrupted Ghoulbane. Wrong, guy was down again. Other guy went out of order when he missed Kistane. I blew a few hours doing other stuff, 5 hours later I find him up. Get a ranger buddy to back me up on Lhranc just in case he's too much (I'm 61 by this point). Had I infusioned I probably could have solo'd him, but otherwise I only got him to 40% before the ranger had to step in.

Total time, excluding the previously acquired soul leech and abro... about 3 days.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:42 PM
Aviak

Possible to get a dev status on this item? I haven't done deep searching but I will if more evidence is necessary. Just want to know if I can expect to see this classic feature in coming patches.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:31 AM
Aviak

I think I found code in C++ that handles the breaking invis on trade....except it seems to either be deprecated or I don't have the right code because there doesn't seem to be a definition for it anywhere in the class structure for "Client"

this is in "client_packet.cpp" in "EQEmuServer/zone/"

void Client::Handle_OP_TradeRequest(const EQApplicationPacket *app)
{
// Client requesting a trade session from an npc/client
// Trade session not started until OP_TradeRequestAck is sent

BreakInvis();

// Pass trade request on to recipient
TradeRequest_Struct* msg = (TradeRequest_Struct*) app->pBuffer;
Mob* tradee = entity_list.GetMob(msg->to_mob_id);

if (tradee && tradee->IsClient()) {
tradee->CastToClient()->QueuePacket(app);
}
#ifndef BOTS
else if (tradee && tradee->IsNPC()) {
#else
else if (tradee && (tradee->IsNPC() || tradee->IsBot())) {
#endif
//npcs always accept
trade->Start(msg->to_mob_id);

EQApplicationPacket* outapp = new EQApplicationPacket(OP_TradeRequestAck, sizeof(TradeRequest_Struct));
TradeRequest_Struct* acc = (TradeRequest_Struct*) outapp->pBuffer;
acc->from_mob_id = msg->to_mob_id;
acc->to_mob_id = msg->from_mob_id;
FastQueuePacket(&outapp);
safe_delete(outapp);
}
return;
}

However, BreakInvis() is not defined in the header or any of the parent classes. Wo
Old 08-07-2012, 03:27 PM
VIP / Contributor

I could not get a dubious vendor on EQmac to deal with me using the technique described in the first post. I tried for 10 minutes.

Handing a item to the NPC always resulted in going from indifferent to dubious, even when successfully hidden (and previously invisible via spell).

All I can add to this thread.
Last edited by Sundawg; 08-07-2012 at 03:29 PM..
Old 08-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Fire Giant

Here is what I could find on this but I sware there was another earlier patch note that I'm missing:

May 8, 2002 (Why it won't work on EQMac)

Quote:
A character can no longer trade with an NPC when invisible. Character must turn visible before starting the trade.
April 8, 2003

Quote:
When under the effects of invisibility, a character that hides and then moves and breaks their hide also breaks their invisibility. The invisibility icon will now disappear under this circumstance so that the player knows he is no longer invisible.
This kind of explains this post here:

Quote:
Also, one bug you can add to invis/hide stacking is if you are invis, and then hide.

While invis is active and you are hidden at the same time, the mobs will both con indifferent and not attack you--normal behavior.

However, if you stay hidden/invised, and then your invis drops, the mobs will still con indifferent, but they will aggro you as if you are in invis.
Looks like before this patch the invisibility buff would not disappear but the player would no longer be invisible when Hide dropped.

Probably worked the same way if your invis dropped but you still had Hide on. It would not show Hide failing/dropping but you would be visible to NPCs because of the invis wearing off.
Last edited by Treats; 08-07-2012 at 04:38 PM..
Old 01-28-2015, 02:39 AM
Aviak

Necroed.

Was this ever fixed?