Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Banned

Harrison cuz according to him, he is the only non shitbag scum on the server so he must be the best
Old 03-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

Fuck this, I vote myself.

Just ask the group that I trained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
warriors wield what they wanna

but really, I had 2 yaks when i was lvl 37 and i dont think we ever grouped together
Maybe I confused you with someone else. But the story of the warrior using the painbringer in BnB did happen to me. Of course because of my prowess as a Bard I had no problem ccing the dozen or so mobs in the room.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 03-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Aviak

I forgot about Qadosx, he is pretty awesome I'll add him
Old 03-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Kobold

worst of each class @ level 60 would be a more entertaining thread
Old 03-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Fire Giant

I'm down for a BOTB
Old 03-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Banned

best ench mezeno!
Old 03-02-2012, 12:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by username1337 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wait wait wait, there is skill involved in this game?
EQ is really 95% knowledge for most of the game... maybe 5% skill.

End game raiding is like 50% knowledge 50% motivation/motivating people.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevengeofGio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ is really 95% knowledge for most of the game... maybe 5% skill.

End game raiding is like 50% knowledge 50% motivation/motivating people.
This is roughly correct. If you don't understand how basic mechanics function like mob pathing, aggro, spell effects, mob abilities etc. You will be bad at EQ.

End Game raiding also requires a XX% Free Time. Cause you can't do that without decent amounts of it.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:43 AM
Sarnak

I don't think that at this point in the game, anyone can be "the best". If you play your class optimally, people will notice, but a lot of people can play that class optimally.

The people who usually notice, are actually good players themselves. To be polite, they'll say things like "this group is really good!" or "it's been a while since I've been in such a good group".

One good way to identify if you're the catalyst in the "good group", is that when you say you have to log, all of a sudden everyone else has to go pretty much at the same time. Then, for fun, if when that time comes, you say "I've managed to be able to stay for another hour", for some magical reason, they too can stay for that extra hour.

For some classes, it's easier to shine than for others. The perennial example is the enchanter; a great enchanter will easily draw praise from other players. For other classes, it's a lot more subtle, especially DPS classes since the only time they will be noticeably on the radar is when they fuck up (i.e. a rogue that draws aggro and keeps draining heal mana).

Some classes are known for their solo skills, so they are pretty obscure to other players, and when they get groups people don't really know what to make of them and they won't know if they're good or bad (necros and wizards come to mind).

Pullers are usually only recognized by other pullers, since the rest of the group is oblivious to the difficulty of what happened before the mob came single to where the group is (a famous line from the movie Sneakers: "That's not easy what I just did there!").

Healers and tanks, while cornerstones of any group, will rarely get props for doing what they're supposed to do, but it will happen more than dps'ers (i.e. "nice timely heal there, purple club", "thx for getting that off of me, I thought I was done for").

And then there's Bards. 12 fucking years and people still don't have a clue on what they can, and cannot do, including some people who play the class. It's the only class that other people feel no hesitation in telling them on how to play, like they are some kind of jukebox ("play mana song" anyone?). Unless the person praising you is also a full-time bard, when they do compliment you, it's still only on what they think you are doing, which is usually about half of what you actually are doing.

cheers,

'Stuce
Closed Thread