Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snufz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL @ caring about this server.

Our dream of classic pvp was shot down months ago fella's.

It's OVER.
Maybe yours is.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Fire Giant

PvP TEARS

NOM NOM NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

the answer is vile for dev/gm what what fix shit yo
Old 02-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

or give me anti-hax.dll and Crucify NEXT will be launched ASAP.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Banned

lol what started with good intentions was shitted up , just like you knew it would

btw it cant be saved as of yet we are too far past it

however i am for a clean wipe and a reroll with better xp , sol ro , and planes in at launch
Old 02-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Banned

You'd still be banned for cheating even with extra experience. Game is too hard for you.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or give me anti-hax.dll and Crucify NEXT will be launched ASAP.
I can't help but think that the anti-hax.dll would somehow find its way to Kringe and make Crucify rather dull for the rest of us.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When are we going to see the next patch or any kind of changes period?
This is really a Rogean specific question. He does server administration, management, ensures hardware is up and running, patches, and source development when he can. We have different jobs. I lead content development, management, bug fixes, and train new developers. Null is a pvp-specific developer and does pvp source work when he can.

Quote:
But for reals, is there any possible way of patching in ANY of these issues being worked on that are completed? Or at least giving us a legitimate eta instead of "soon". Perhaps at least open up fear/hate/solro temple/any kind of new content? lol.
All of the pending fixes require a full patch. This requires taking the server down and doing horrible work for I would guess around 30 minutes to an hour, depending on what all needs to be done. If Rogean is too busy to do it, I can totally see why. He's the only one who can give you a concise eta.

As far as new content, fearplane is the next slated zone to open.

Quote:
I feel bad for Amelinda tbh. You guys are leaving her out to dry.. she always has to play damage control and try and put a positive spin to all of us that "yes, things are being worked on and fixed and changes are coming soon!" when nothing has been done in months.
You know.. I usually fix at least one thing every day. It really fucking blows when someone says you haven't done anything for months. Btw, I talk to Amelinda every day.

Quote:
I'm losing hope for this server everyday. I don't want to continue to log in finding little to no pvp and continuing to have to waste hours upon hours camping shit if the server is going to be dead in another month or two.
Nothing really I can say to this other than, I don't want the server to die either. Why would I? Essentially it's an exact copy of p99, with pvp enabled and oldschool loot dropping. There could be a hell of a lot more people playing for a lot of reasons. With everything that has been repaired, fabricated, and implemented since pve opened in 2009, the pvp server is like 9000x more complete and stable.

Quote:
ANY kind of fix/patch would be greatly appreciated by all of us.
It would be nice for me as well. As a content developer, I'd like for there to be patch every time a change is made. If there's a broken quest or unhotfixable issue, it amplifies time spent on reimbursements, etc etc.

Quote:
I know our pop isn't as large as blues and maybe you guys think it doesn't deserve as many resources,
The servers are almost identical. This should be apparent, but I will say it anyway. The pvp server has received more attention since release than the pve server. I know I spent more time this week working on pvp issues than pve..

Quote:
but if you guys show more interest in us and the server by at least communicating with us ffs,
Uh... we do communicate with you. And to this comment, I lose the will to type much more because I feel like I was trolled into responding. As a community, the pvp population had way more input into initial server launch and features than the pve server ever has.

Quote:
making fixes more frequently than once every two months
Once again, when you see something that says fixed, pending update, it means it is fixed. Needs a patch to be fully implemented.

Diagnosis: You want a server patch.
Treatment: Do a Rogean patch dance.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Diagnosis: You want a server patch.
Treatment: Do a Rogean patch dance.
make sure to use lots of peyote in the ceremony
Old 02-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Kobold

Community needs to come to grips with the fact that this is NOT live, and that the developer's and people behind this project do this for free, and is a hobby of theirs.

Just because OUR time, as players time invested into this hobby outpaces them, doesn't mean they're not doing their job. As an analogy I'll use World of Warcraft, they'll come out with a big PVE raid content patch, and within 2 weeks the best guilds will destroy the content and be begging for more-- so did the developers fail because they couldn't keep the hardcorest of the hardcore busy?

Same idea here.. and this only applies to content patches. Bug fixes, small patches, etc are a totally different story but the day that you clicked "Play" on this server you should have reminded yourself that this is a hobby project and not something that deducts $14.99 from your bank account each month.

If we were paying customers I could understand. If you're not happy with the state of the server, then simply stop playing, as some people have.. and know that you have a toon to come back to IF and WHEN devs do fix the issues at hand here.

Spamming the forums with "BURN IT DOWN" and "WIPE IT CLEAN" will get this community nowhere, and I'm sure doesn't do much to appetize developer attention.

Be patient. P1999 BLUE has over 600 players primetime, and overall is a success-- give it time people.
Closed Thread