Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Sarnak

I'm definitely Hellic. I have a bard alt so when I get bored of leveling my bard I can log onto my alt and level my other bard.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Tewaz, Pescador plays a Bard as a main so I find it unlikely that he'd have a Bard as an alt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Pescador is a nice guy, I just disagree with him.

Quote:
Oh and Giegue can you tell me your AoE leveling path from 46 to 60? I know you did some burning wood and some raptors in TD but I would like to know at what levels you did them, method, etc. for a guide I am putting together. Thank you sir in advance.
At level 46 you can still do OT. At 47 it really begins to slow down and I'd recommend going elsewhere. I don't AOE kite to get awesome experience, I just do it for fun and occasionally use it as a PLing method, so from 46 to 60 I didn't do a lot of aoe kiting. That being said you can try burning woods, there's a relatively safe spot near the sarnak fort and I'm sure some other safe spots that you can use near some of the zone lines (like the SF zoneline). I would stay away from BW after level 58, and I would stay away from Raptors entirely because we have better spots to aoe kite in and it's not really fair to the quadding classes for us to be taking their best exp spot.

Also, after I dinged 54 I stopped using regular aoe kiting methods. Instead I just used selo's assonant strane on a swarm of mobs, and dotted them down from a small distance away where they couldn't reach me. I find this is a lot easier on my fingers, and also doubles as an excellent PLing tool.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 06-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Aviak

My bard is Torino. Level 41. Sorry I don't see your friend sending random strangers tells accusing them of training and then offering condescending advice as polite. "Hey man you pulling with proxy aggro?" and then reacting to what he says instead of accusing the dude would have probably ended in a better chat. Just some unsolicited social advice for ya.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Aviak

Default You are really dumb. For Real.

I have watched Hellic kite multiple times and there is nothing wrong with his gameplay. Everyone knows if you are pulling 50+ mobs to a swarm you are going to end up with a few by social/proxy aggro. This does not give you the right to start accusing people of starting trains, and telling them how to play. I would be pissed too if some random jackass who probably can't kite as well as Hellic sent me a tell saying "Oh you suck at pulling bro (pull with proxy aggro)?" "Here's some tips from yours truly who is obviously the superior bard, and is throwing down life lessons."
Sounds to me like you need to ditch the ego and just handle your own business. And doing your kite anywhere near another bard's kite it retarded, I mean c'mon that's Bard 101.
Hellic is a good player, and more than a nice guy, maybe you should try some approach when coming at people other than "I'm superior, this guy probably needs my advice"
my 2 cents.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Sarnak

^
Agreed, all I'm saying is that it would annoy the crap out of me if I were just minding my own business then someone sends me a tell suggesting that I trained a group, then offering unsolicited advice as if I don't know the basics of playing my class.

Also, pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQ000011.jpg (95.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 06-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm definitely Hellic. I have a bard alt so when I get bored of leveling my bard I can log onto my alt and level my other bard.
Damnit, as if it won't already be hard as hell to get the damn dragon scales we got these max-ed out bards who are going to need TWO sets for their alt too. I'm never gonna see my epic.

/wrist
Old 06-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Man this thread got hostile quick. Lets all be friends guys. That way we can do our ALL BARD raid one day. Anywho...

Falkun brings up a point I have been wondering about. We need a white AND red dragon scale for our epic right? What other classes need these scales?

I am guessing that unless you are a bard in TR/TMO/other hardcore guild_01 you are not even going to have a shot at one of these, and they won't hit the market until 2 years after epics release. This makes me sad.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Sarnak

Warriors need a red scale as well.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kraftwerk was civil the entire time, and even if his first tell could be interpreted as an accusation of training, that doesn't give Hellic a license to be rude. It's clear that Kraft was trying to help him, his intention wasn't to be a dick, so I don't see what prevented Hellic from responding politely and saying "sorry, I don't pull using prox aggro, you might be mistaken". Instead the first thing he says to him is "I suspect you might be an idiot". Why is anyone defending this?

Mctard, your experience with Kraft isn't relevant to this thread or this argument at all. Take it to RnF if you want, just keep that shit out of my thread (unless it's somehow aoe kiting related).

I don't feel any more of a need to defend Kraft since he did a perfectly fine job of that in his last post, which everyone seems to have ignored. Great reading comprehension guys!
I'm sorry we disagree about how the situation at hand was handled, everyone else seems fairly split on the issue, and my own reply was not meant to be a flame but merely to mirror exactly what it was Kraftwerk had done in game by questioning the way he handled the situation out of game. You seem to be taking offense to my advice that he handle these situations better if he wished for people to not be upset with him. In this case, I feel my previous experience with him to be completely relevant as it highlights this. I hope you can see the irony in your stance on this issue.

With regards to you calling me McTard, which you have done multiple times for some reason unknown to me since I do not know you I can only assume that for some reason you have a personal issue with me, and if you wish to address it I recommend that YOU take it to the RnF forum where I will ignore it and you can berate me for whatever reasons you see fit. I have no problems whatsoever staying on topic and playing nice, I would appreciate it if you could do the same. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Banned

The best place to ae kite 54+ in my experience is the raptors in TD. They have a 12 minute spawn, and take about 12 minutes to round up and kill if you can get them all. At 57 they give me a little over 3% per kite so it's fairly decent exp. The problem I've had with ae kiting past 50, and in Kunark specifically, is that there is generally zero room for error. I'm just not sure it's that effective of a way to level past 55 or so.
Closed Thread