Banned

Unhappy Sad day for Holocaust and the server

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-27-2011, 02:51 AM
Aviak

The "how to" guide to posting entertaining things in RNF:

1) Kill someone
2) Make them rage
3) Provide screen shots of aforementioned rage.
4) Profit

Things NOT to do:

Post "lawl, ur giuld is bad mmkay, dont know how to peeveepee", then post a SS of the persons corpse with 15 people around it, you and their corpse, or them zoneplugging.

Nobody cares about this crap except for you. PVP happens all the time, you're not special and this fight wasn't special either. GTFO.
Everyone will use the excuses:
"we're not the same lvl"
"you had more people"
"you had OOR healing"
"you got lucky, I was fighting a mob.

Refuted by "pvp isn't fair. Should we call a gm to watch and duel inside of a designated arena?" STFU and GTFO.

Make one line statements that only you and the person you killed will understand.

Nothing is worse than reading "hey, xarcarb. Hope you liked your dirtnap that one time in that one zone where I killed you." Nobody knows what you're talking about and nobody cares, GTFO.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:01 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to engelbert

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-27-2011, 04:15 AM
Planar Protector

shits gravy bro
Old 12-27-2011, 04:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The "how to" guide to posting entertaining things in RNF:

1) Kill someone
2) Make them rage
3) Provide screen shots of aforementioned rage.
4) Profit

Things NOT to do:

Post "lawl, ur giuld is bad mmkay, dont know how to peeveepee", then post a SS of the persons corpse with 15 people around it, you and their corpse, or them zoneplugging.

Nobody cares about this crap except for you. PVP happens all the time, you're not special and this fight wasn't special either. GTFO.
Everyone will use the excuses:
"we're not the same lvl"
"you had more people"
"you had OOR healing"
"you got lucky, I was fighting a mob.

Refuted by "pvp isn't fair. Should we call a gm to watch and duel inside of a designated arena?" STFU and GTFO.

Make one line statements that only you and the person you killed will understand.

Nothing is worse than reading "hey, xarcarb. Hope you liked your dirtnap that one time in that one zone where I killed you." Nobody knows what you're talking about and nobody cares, GTFO.
Should add to the not to do category:
1. 10k word essays on gibberish no one cares about on why you ragequit and how fucking terrible you are.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:42 AM
Planar Protector

who cares? tbh
Old 12-27-2011, 05:10 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should add to the not to do category:
1. 10k word essays on gibberish no one cares about on why you ragequit and how fucking terrible you are.
I would, but calling people out on their bullshit lies is funny and makes them rage even more.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiegi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shits gravy bro
Old 12-27-2011, 02:03 PM
Kobold

[QUOTE=Harrison;503666]Should add to the not to do category:
1. 10k word essays on gibberish no one cares about on why you ragequit and how fucking terrible you are.[/Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Preface

Let me preface this by saying I have not been run off the server, hell - I played longer than I even wanted to. I was not outleveled by anyone on this server, but rather I just stopped logging in. In fact, it was a struggle every day (I should say time) I woke up, from seriously the first day. I'm sure a lot of you can understand that no matter what your level... I definitely felt and feel I wasted 8 days (/played) of my life. Lovely and the other poop sockers - I suppose if you truly get enjoyment out of it - keep up the grind.

Truth be told, I only leveled to help my guild. My plan was to burn to 50 while carrying Kringe (necro) so he could start farming fear solo, and I could help the guildies level together/hold down whatever areas that were wanted. I figured at least 30% of our roster would quit before L50 and keeping people in range/hunting in same areas would be huge to keep people logging in.

Why this server is terrible

I reworded this because I don't want to intentionally be mean and I'd rather speak on another point in more detail at the end. Anyways, the first thing that irked me was I was sent like 5 separate messages within a week asking if I was the highest level person. The only problem I have with this is that it was a guide asking me---the only guide I saw on the entire time I played. If a guide can't even see a list of anonymous players, what exactly can this person even do online? I'm not trying to crucify Lord Rogaine, Lady Nilbog, or Sirk - but there is absolutely no presence on this server to thwart cheating/exploiting.

This brings me to my next point (and I will regress to other reasons why the server is bad) - exploit any chance you get. There is no one watching you. Outside of you dinging L50 in one quest turnin, telling all your buddies, and them doing it - no one cares. Do whatever the fuck you want.

It's already established that you can exploit quests for unintended rewards and rechargable items to insta-gib mobs to level without any consequences other than the time it took to take the server offline and hotfix the problem. There is no one watching, listening, or caring. MOB pathing? Exploit the shit out of it.

Let me tell you a great zone that I had to go OUT OF MY WAY to not exploit while leveling, Oggok, because I actually gave a shit and figured someone somewhere might too. No one does, not even when you're the highest level on the server. No one can - I mean there is one guide that is supposed to watch over all of Norrath and they can't even see the level of someone whose anonymous. U srs bro?

Not-even-close-to-classic items in game? Abuse this shit out of them and make sure you don't let a GM know in beta while you're supposedly finding bugs. The GMs aren't taking the server down for one item... even when you tell them about it months before the server launches why it will be a problem... well - ok but only one item, all that other non-classic shit/non-classic spells you got? Don't /bug 'em, /equip 'em & /cast 'em bros. Weapons that proc incredulous amounts of times compared to any other proccing weapon in the game, that can be summoned, and used against any NPC/PC in the game despite being "vs Summoned" only? Shit dog, that's C-L-A-S-S-I-C eq - we gotta keep it in. Lets hotpatch it in 2 weeks before launch.

Group charming exploits abound. I got a cool plan, lets hit up those sploits til our mid 40s, then post about 'em on the bug forum so they get fixed and no one else uses 'em. Good thing my druids got these awesome swords that I can give to every griffenne I charm in north karana, that proc 1000 times vs 50 times any other procing weapon because combining that with this pet exploit experience, I make this shit look good. Na'mean?

I'd love to go on, and I'd surely love to name more exploits, but I don't feel like punishing anyone who will use them in the future because they've already benefited current L40+s, and why would I want to make your grind harder bros.

Some bard shit thats fun: insanely stupid amounts of song fizzles, like humanly impossible amounts of song fizzles. Any bard on P99 must have wanted to /wrist trying to play >L10 songs with 200+ instrument skills and seeing 15 fizzles in a row. Fuck sake.

Caster line of sight needed for spells? Fuck that, lets remove it. Bard line of sight needed for songs? Fuck that, lets keep it in. I enjoy being one of 10 players on the server who get songs interrupted by a stump on the ground the size of a fucking gnome. Songs that I'm far too lazy or disposed to care about reporting at this point that were retardedly buggy --- many.

Hey I know, lets do all this classic shit but then what we'll do is take a huge factor of classic PVP circa 1999, and we'll fuck it up beyond all belief. That way, someone can be 2000 feet in the air and still cast on someone 2000 ft under the water cus lol dogs thats classic. You must be crazy dawg if you're going to fight near water because I'll channel all of my spells without line of sight and being above the water, while you're crawling on the bottom.

Selos? na, na that ain't going to cancel out root. Shits too classic.

Bard AE mez? Retardedly op. Like... how is this song even in game in its current form? Don't know if I used it on a L46+ mob, or if it works in the planes, but wiz/cleric/bard = gg fear imo. Two bards? Don't think shit can even move at that point.

These are only a few examples from my class and frustration since playing the first minute on this server. I'm sure you all have your own, not trying to act as if bards are over/underpowered. I simply don't care fwiw.

Why I was the first level 50
despite not being level 50

I'm not really sure what story Lovely's been feeding you all these past few weeks. I know that I stopped logging in at L35 when he was L30 (a few levels of real exp'ing after his red wand exploitations). Certainly never had anything to do with him or how snail-retarded slow he leveled. Fact was, I had mentally planned on hitting 50 in 5-6 days played, and I had less than 2 weeks to hit it before I would stop really playing (casually at best, char would just goto guild).

Instead, I died over 75 times to mobs. That's what my logs say anyways, I contend it should be a lot more, though I didn't necessarily ragelog all that much so I guess its close...

I'm sure you all saw my 6-8 level advantage on everyone in mid/upper 20s and were like awww dude bard leveling is so easy man look at that shit, then some of you rolled bards, realized fuck this and promptly went back to your regular characters.

Realistically I think I could have hit 50 in under 5 days played, but the lag I get on this server is outrageous. I'd love to tell Rogaine he cost me days in my real life from having to relevel all of the deaths, but I have no idea if it really is my computer or the server. Never have I had such retarded lag spikes.

I'd post more logs, but this thread is already long enough, but members of my own guild would message me to ask if it was ok to zone into whatever zone I was kiting mobs. Kringe, who I "leveled" with, from 15-30 had to plan out his *dings* with me because I would get so lagged that if I didn't straighten out a kite, if I had any circular movement at all, I would lag out and spin. This generally resulted in me being insta-fucking-gibbed by 40 mobs. I'm sure other bards on this server can understand the absolute rage of having a group of mobs at any point in the kite (but especially at like 10%) and dying from some bullshit.

Oh, mind you all - I have two broken wrists. While you all AFK leveled in a group, or quad kited every 10minutes, and thought it was sooooo hard - I did circle after circle after circle after fucking circle. I kited for over 24 hours straight with a hand that I couldn't even feel. My only "break time" was logging or running back to my corpse courtesy of shitbox.

Other fun facts- clearly I have an exp penalty only surpassed by few race/classes. I leveled Kringe from 12-25'ish, making him the fourth L20 on the server, and outside of a handful of mobs he just lapped up exp. I also brought in a paladin around L18-19 (his level) to the group, got him into the mid 20s, before finally realizing I was going mad trying to level in the most retarded places to get the people in my group exp (SEE: 20303049 cazic crocidile deaths, although... I'm pretty sure I'm the only person to ever bard kite almost every crocodile simulatenously to level)

I laid stake to the karanas very early on, obviously. Lord Rogaine tried to fuck this up by having a "+50% Exp day!!!!" yay, lets all get rainbow carebears and fuck eachother with ribbons. What the fuck was this? Want to know the biggest separator for me in a leveling race/securing the karanas:

1) was to get from L5-L8.. easilly the hardest part to 50 in my eyes as a bard. That is if you're kiting with a dot that does 3 dmg a tick and requires about 20 minutes of kiting to bring down a group of mobs. Mix in the server lag, which I got a whopping one GM res from, and you have an absolutely frustrating time. L7 was like hell on earth. I think it took me longer than L35 or 40.

Then of course the jump from 8-18, which was when I got my best dot w/ larger radius. Anyway, after grinding all Friday night, and all of Saturday night, I logged off just shy of 15 with Darwoth at 10 the next highest. I was thanked by logging in the next day with a slew of people higher than me. Talk about fun! Yeah, what a great reward for getting assfucked by your server w/ lag. I had more people to compete in zones that I outleveled the fuck out of them the nights prior. Classes which would have struggled a lot more in their teens and were gifted early access to L19+.

So then I was forced to grief the fuck out of people, especially out of range players who thought I was just being mean, and had little idea that just their presence in a zone was costing me a ton of my own real life time from deaths and regrouping/kiting mobs, and regaining the exp I lost. So I cleared out the karanas, then because our guild was all over the place and people weren't leveling - I had them all bind in NK and made that homebase. Then I spent time leveling even more players outside of the necro/paladin, namely groups of barely teen players... ugh.

SK, where I should have just gone from L20-40 without a problem, became the guild zone pretty much and the amount of assramming that took place because of this phantom server lag bullshit was harsh on me. I was divving up mobs and helping everyone, but in the end I think about it and I was just wasting my own time. Definitely shoulda listened to Leth...

Best level? 41 - died 5 times, 20% per death, equated to leveling 41 twice. Only 2-3 in logs. I've probably be level 60 with all the re-leveling I did. I should have died maybe 5 times to mobs while kiting, shit I kited red dwarf guards at 35 for over 75 minutes straight one early morning, unfortunately it woulda taken me another hour to kill most of 'em based on resists at that level. At 40, I wanted to kite every guard, no resists, but the constant coming and going lag = insta rape on 25 mobs that hit for 140s. Ended up having to chant kite/charm kite, though I did bard kitethe EK guards a bit. problem is theres only about 9 of them, and 10% exp pulls weren't good enough for me. I had to get 25% a pull, which usually resulted in -10% exp a pull thanks to zone-in + other server lags.

I'd be interested in knowing how much exp I really did w/ exp leeching/exp penalties/75+ exp deaths/44 Levels, lol god damn if it isn't over 60. I'll take a free L60 if kunark ever comes out. I do think its funny that anyone would try bragging about their snail-pace, poopsock necessary leveling to 50 after I didn't play for over 3 days straight, another 1-2 stint, had pretty much leveled the two highest level characters on the server L28/9+L25, did it all solo (well reverse-solo considering the above), vs..

Ok, so everything you did, minus the exploitation, use of non classic items/spells, and bugs. And then of course everyone you "grouped" with, gets lumped into the same.

Yes, of course you would have - you had intentions of exploiting before the server began. Also, considering IF was the biggest zerg on the server from day 1, your whole persona based on wanting shit included on the server to "fight the zerg" was just a ploy to fake out GMs.

Anyways, glad to be pretty much done, sorry for the TLDR i'm sure someone will read it (hopefully before lord rogaine deletes it/bans me which I'm sensing incoming)

Oops, also wanted to include my levels/deaths log:

Hope this shit makes sense, I'm not proofreading it as its way to fkn TLDR for me even as the OP. Will include some screenies (i rarely take any) but decent ones I got. For shame, Smedy - I didn't notice back then that you addmitted to having a necro on p99.. BLUEB!

Peace, I'll be around casually so long as my char isn't deleted next time I look at it - some folks in Holo obv have the account info so might not be me.

Unfortunate that I lost faith in the server after the second day, way too understaffed for things to change so gents, hope you all take my advice! Ciao.
Let me preface this by saying I have not been run off the server, hell - I played longer than I even wanted to. In fact, it was a struggle every day (I should say time) I woke up, from seriously the first day.
[/SIZE]
Old 12-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiegi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shits gravy bro