Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Sarnak

Default Whirl til you hurl

I am surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but as late as Luclin release, you could simply sit to break the while effect and then stand to resume casting or attacking. This is another one of the spells that was changed into a conventional effect, probably much later than even the PoP expansion, and when adapted to the emu has ended up with the properties of both versions. So now it is both a conventional stun, which it never was in classic, and a spell disrupting whirl effect. It also explains why a spell which was almost never used on live servers has become a new staple in emu PvP.

Can we camp out while mezzed on this server? That was possible even during Velious.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by compulsion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
spell which was almost never used on live servers has become a new staple in emu PvP.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Kobold

I actually removed it out of my spell list since last patch. It didnt do any good in PvE and now with the new resist methods its a waste of mana and casting time. I m using a low lvl mez if i want to interrupt just the casting.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Whirl Till You Hurl needs to be looked at, but only because it functions differently in PvP than it does in PvE. When EQ originally launched (as well as P99), Whirl was a solid 12+ second stun. It was quickly nerfed a month or so after EQ released because the first level 50s were perma-locking everything with Whirl. It was then changed to a nearly-useless spell, as it became nearly impossible to land and had a huge chance to break on any damage.

Sitting wouldn't stop the stun effect of the spell, just the spin. However, there's definitely a problem considering that in PvE, Whirl is in the nerfed nearly useless version, but in PvP it's in the OP you're stun-locked and there's literally nothing you can do version.

To get this spell back in line, Whirl needs to be much more resistible in PvP (almost never landing on anyone except those lower level and with poor MR), as well as breaking on any damage. Whirl was not a spell that Enchanters ever really used in PvP. On P99, it's their bread and butter ability.

lol wut
Old 12-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Banned

It's a stun they realized lasted longer than like 2x of its refresh. You also get 2 spells in the line by ... what 29?

Reika is right that the spin would stop when you sat (note you can sit while stunned/mezzed, needs fix also!)

Mabes we should be updating the whirl bug thread tho.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

Whirl is bugged and has a lingering effect. It will wear off, you can move around, there is no spell icon on but you can't cast spells.

Bugs lay hands makeing it on cooldown. It's like a 5-10sec lingering effect after ur done spinning, and no spell icon. You can still move but not cast?
Closed Thread