Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 09:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So we had a patch earlier today and I think it flew a bit under the radar. This is the final patch before release day that we will have, so things like resists and AC need the last bit of testing before they are final. Please post about anything that you feel is required to be fixed before the server release.

Here is what changed:
  • Bard Snare and Mez now have resist checks every pulse instead of just on the first pulse
  • Greatly Increased the effect of AC in PvP. Any feedback about this will need the attackers ATK and the defenders AC.
  • Added a Resist mod for Stuns to about where Root was last build. Enchanters nuke line is exempt from this.
  • Decreased the amount of MR needed to get the full benefit of Root and Snare resist mods. Basically 120MR is where 140MR was.
  • Fixed an issue with spells fading on the client but remaining on the server.

Thanks Null and testers for all your hard work, the rest of you bitch's prepare to get owned muhahahah
Old 11-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Null can you run some leet script parsing on rogue backstabs?
Old 11-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Banned

Posting before reading other comments: this looks very, very good Big Null.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

I pity Enchanters on the server. Personal opinion that MR does too much already compared to "back in the day". Chanter nukes are mana intense and even when not resisted at all you're not going to actually kill anyone solo. Then throw in the MR that exists now, enchanter nukes are a complete waste of time. Can't charm players, sucks to be you eh.

I'll group with you, poor chanter.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Banned

A no item loot environment is pretty tough on enchanters, yeah. Good thing (hopefully) no resist check on theft of thought/mana sieve. iirc there shouldn't be one. It's a magic spell that always landed on Vox (from melee range ofc).
Old 11-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Sarnak

Ench should not rely on their big nukes. On tz in 99 era it was viable because people didnt know yet that MR is key but end of 99 and in kunark people caught on.

Ench never been known as a nuker and I would welcome an ench in my pvp group every time knowing that they wont land a nuke
Old 11-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Sarnak

Haste machines that are expendable IMO. Send the chanter out for bait, pst the Cleric not to bother healing him, we already have our buffs, CC spells are resisted too much. The one thing that was great IMO about old school live Enchanters was that CC spells were GOING to land and be effective.

Last night I watched an enchanter dump all his shit into my bard and I resisted his mana bar. Chanted him to the zone and let him go. There won't be any high end enchanters on the server IMHO. A shame. Chanters have to be happy to be buffing bots and leave it at that, it'll be a snore for them to actually pvp.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Banned

I haven't tested since the event, but snares/roots were landing on me with 80 mr - a fully geared classic monk will be sitting around 115 mr unbuffed. Enchanters will have to dispell buffs and tash like live to get them to ccable range omg that's such a shame.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

lol @ people crying for classic and now crying it's classic
Old 11-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol @ people crying for classic and now crying it's classic
Closed Thread