Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 05:20 AM
Sarnak

Default *deleted*

*deleted* Had to reroll twice. Sorry. New thread going up.
Last edited by Flash; 11-09-2011 at 04:13 AM.. Reason: Rerolled class.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:30 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome to P1999! Hope your stay here is a good one.

There are plenty of people new to the game, or leveling alts, so you shouldn't have a problem meeting people. I don't know who has room for new recruits; hopefully someone will post here for you -- and you can check the guild thread.

What's your in-game name?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:47 AM
Sarnak

It's gonna be ZomgFlash, but I have no idea what class I'm gonna play yet. I've heard that Paladins get some nasty experience penalties, so I'm thinking about going Magician for my first toon.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Kobold

Welcome to P99. Loads of lower level guild that will give you a chance to level with. Check out the guild discussion forum to get an idea. Most people in game are pretty legit. Have fun and welcome.

As to the xp penalties, search the forum as their are many good threads with details on class and race penalties.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:33 AM
Sarnak

Hi Flash, welcome to P99! Moonlight Crusaders is a lower level guild of old friends who have come back to relive the "glory days" of EQ. Right now we are just having fun, leveling together, and enjoying the social aspect this great game! If you're interested do a /who all Moonlight and send a tell to inquire!

Kimja
Old 11-07-2011, 08:33 AM
Kobold

nm wrong post

GM of -=Trigarium=-
Last edited by Rhaj; 11-07-2011 at 08:48 AM..
Old 11-07-2011, 08:42 AM
Fire Giant

Paladins have a 40% penalty. It isn't so bad. You just need to group, which you are going to likely do anyway. It's split in groups.

Magicians have a 75% penalty now. Well, actually they just need to do more damage than their pet, which makes the OPd fire pet kind of worthless. If the pet does more damage, the pet eats 75% of the exp.

Same with all pet classes, but I think it affects mages most.

I'd say just go pally. Exp is slow anyways. You are gonna hit max level eventually, anyway.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Kobold

Welcome.

Don't worry about the XP penalty, play what you enjoy. I suggest you hit up crushbone ASAP; the belt/crushbone pads/slave key quests + the zone exp mod is the best you can get to get you to your first tier of spells fast. (Do yourself a favor and just make a dwarf to save yourself the trip and have an awesome barrel roll.) The zone is fairly popular these days and groups are common, if not, start one. Also, save all the scalps you find for the quest turn in at highpass. My rogue went from 11-14 turning in over 100 of those that I accumulated leveling, but you will probably need someone to help invis you to get you there safely.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

You might want to consider waiting a little over a week for the new pvp server to release. You'll have a fresh start at the same time as everyone else; the blue (pve) server seems a little top heavy. PvP is also more fun !

And don't pick a race you'll hate like dwarf just for starting location, it's not a huge hassle to run somewhere and get a bind usually. Welcome to Project 1999!
Old 11-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Kobold

I agree with the Crushbone statement..there were over 20 people there last night, actually started to feel kind of crowded, but very easy to find a group. With the XP modifier for CB, and the faction grinders paying ~3pp per orc scalp (a good option for non-twinks who might need money > xp) and 1-2pp per belt/shoulderpad it's hard to beat as a lowbie leveling area.
Closed Thread