Dreadlord [44 Shadowknight]
Old 11-20-2010, 12:38 PM
Kobold

Bump. Raid in 20 minutes.
-Come at me, Galahad.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:41 AM
Sarnak

Bump.

This will be the final public raid hosted by Blackwater. If you've been holding off, this could be your last chance for the foreseeable future.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump.

This will be the final public raid hosted by Blackwater. If you've been holding off, this could be your last chance for the foreseeable future.
Just curious, but why? Unfortunately I won't be able to attend (I've attended four already though), but if this really is the last one, I'd just like to say thanks for all the work. That you guys organized one of these every week so that others could gear up and experience raiding is great. I was very glad to be a part of it, and obviously especially happy for the gear I got out of it (Imbrued BP/Arms). So again, thanks.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 11-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

Bump. Starting Fear in 15 minutes.

Lazor- Thanks for the kind words. While we have enjoyed hosting the public raids, we feel the current server climate is not conducive to the goals we had hoped to achieve with the weekly events.

As stated in our opening post, the motivation behind the raids was to help the unguilded or casual player to experience content they might not otherwise see, and hopefully send them on their way having enjoyed themselves and with a few new pieces of gear. I think we were somewhat successful in this.

In recent weeks, however, our average open raider has transitioned from the casual player into players already tagged in other serious raiding guilds. Players who raid the planes nightly during the week, some of which are tagged in guilds that do their best to train or steal pulls from Blackwater at any opportunity, show up mid-public-raid and start /randoming for loot. Often we'll see the ALT toons of players in serious raiding guilds show up, competing with the truly deserving public raiders for drops.

Scheduling has also become more of an issue. As everyone knows, there's not enough raid content to go around. With a public raid, you post a start time, which allows other guilds to start 30 minutes before you if they so choose. We've tried moving the start time forward as much as possible, but I don't think it's fair to west coast players to expect them to wake up before 9am on a Saturday. Anyone who's shared a plane with another guild on this server recently knows the huge potential for disaster, intentional or not, and that's not an ideal environment for exposing new people to the planes. I've spent a few hours in tells with raid leaders for other guilds, and while some have been accommodating, the general response was - "We don't care that you're hosting a public raid for the server, we plan to clear Hate three times today."

In short, it's simply too easy to undermine a public raid on this server. We've helped a lot of people experience basic classic raid content and walk away with gear, and that's an achievement we're proud of. The factors I've mentioned above are preventing us from continuing this at an acceptable rate, so unfortunately we've made the decision to halt the practice entirely for now.
Last edited by Stefen; 11-27-2010 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: Lack of coffee before posting- not good.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:23 AM
Sarnak

Sorry to hear the server atmosphere is making it hard to hold these raids. I for one appreciated getting to participate in them and all the work you guys put into organizing and running them.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:49 AM
Kobold

BUMP FOR GORENAIRE YABADABADOOOOO!
-Come at me, Galahad.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BUMP FOR GORENAIRE YABADABADOOOOO!
Thanks for organizing these Bossco!

Cheers
Old 10-27-2011, 08:53 AM
Sarnak

It's great to see top tier raid encounters open to more of the server. Thanks for organizing this!
Test Server : Tanulie
Old 10-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Sarnak

No truce with the shadow.
Closed Thread