Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Banned

All coin loot does is cause people to destroy their coin before they die.

(see bagging and item loot for reference)

Possible /thread
Old 10-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwingler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Additionally, everyone talking about naked casters running around pking people for their items at no risk... you do not know what you are talking about. Yes naked casters have a HUGE advantage compared to naked melee. But a naked caster vs a decently geared melee or geared caster will absolutely get raped unless there are mobs or something else involved.
Have you even played classic Everquest?
Old 10-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Sarnak

A naked caster fighting against a melee is almost the same as a geared caster fighting a melee. The lack of MR will sting a little against hybrids, but most casters have tools that let them deal with getting rooted. Aside from resist gear, classic caster gear pretty much just gives mana. A naked caster will have pretty much the same survivability as a geared caster when against a melee.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockscar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A naked caster fighting against a melee is almost the same as a geared caster fighting a melee. The lack of MR will sting a little against hybrids, but most casters have tools that let them deal with getting rooted. Aside from resist gear, classic caster gear pretty much just gives mana. A naked caster will have pretty much the same survivability as a geared caster when against a melee.
Not to mention that a naked caster can run by and one shot a melee in combat etc. Naked casters still destroy.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You never played on a PvP server, did you? Let's see how quiet you are when you're corpse camped. As soon as you gather your gear, you get jumped again and lose another item. For planar gear, this isn't a problem. But you won't be able to level like you would on a blue server. Your leveling choices will be effectively halved if there are lots of PvPers.

On TZ I played on the dark side (dark elves, trolls, ogres). We controlled Guk. Anytime a human, dwarf, halfling, high elf, wood elf, gnome, whatever, walked in there, they were cut down and forced to do a CR from god knows where. They stayed out. Guk loots became like dragon loots for a lot of players.

Coin loot is just fine. The damage is done with loss of coin and a CR because you don't often know when you're going to get into a fight and unless you can bind yourself and you bind frequently, you'll be watching your back a lot more.
LOL @ ^^This guy^^

Nope never played pvp, except well on live, I played Rallos till they took out item loot, then I played Sullon till the server merged, then I played Zek untill I got tired of EQ Live politics. Moving on to EQemu, I have played 90% of all of the pvp servers to ever hit the list for the entire life of the servers.

The draw to PvP in MMO's is DANGER and if you lose nothing or can attack (and die) with no penalty you might as well be playing on a bluebie server. Every kill turns into a grief kill because you can gain nothing from doing it. The only thing you stand to gain is LoL's when you troll some1 off the server. I haven't started on this server yet and do not intend to until release IF there is item loot.

This guy says he doesn't like to be grief'd and used the example of Guk. The people that are going to grief you are doing it to hear you QQ. And they will hear you QQ with or without item loot. Do you not want a way to stick it back to them? You are going to be camped and you are going to be grief'd either way, item loot has nothing to do with this. Besides, if anything item loot offers opportunity to those who ARE being camped out of guk. The moment one of the people twinks some bard with a FBSS and tries to selos away land a well timed snare and bam, you just got a FBSS without having to get grief'd in guk, problem solved.

The people against item loot are the people who haven't played EQ pvp or at the very least, don't know how to play EQ pvp. This game deserves item loot, it would make the server epic and I personally know 5-10 other people would join and stop playing Dalya JUST for item loot.

bottom line, item loot wins EQpvp, period.
And take over your face
With the front of my Hatredcopter
Old 10-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by genrah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also... Polling a bunch of bluebies about no item loot is like polling a bunch of frogs on if they like to eat flies or not. If you really want to draw in a new player base and have lasting appeal, item loot should be considered on red.

___________________^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^__________________
And take over your face
Old 10-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

Exp loss is a penalty.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Add to the above list that it is better to try and kill players for their gear on a raid than try to train them and just disrupt it in any way possible..
^^This^^

Item loot, doing the PlayNicePolicy's job since 1999.

You see? with item loot in why would you train a raid and let those silly mobs get all the kill shots when you could just recruit 2 of your buddies and kill / loot the clerics / casters and keep the phatlewtz for yourselves? Dam blubies L2EQPvP
And take over your face
Old 10-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exp loss is a penalty.
With a statement like that attached, the name says it all bro.
And take over your face
Old 10-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]