Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Project Manager

Holy shit this is still going. I'm guessing you're new here.

You think dragons should die within 30 seconds from using no strat and clicking a rechargeable item? I don't. If that makes me a hypocrite so be it.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'll embrace it in the name of Thulack.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You think dragons should die within 30 seconds from using no strat and clicking a rechargeable item? I don't. If that makes me a hypocrite so be it.

Yeah i am new here. I thought i was coming to a server that was Classic not "what the dev's think is classic". Could people 12 years ago have used the same strat on dragons? Sure. Did they? No because they didnt realize you could. Basically you changing things because people know how to work the system. Good for them. Don't call this a classic server then because its not. My peace has been said. Good bye.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PS Nilbog you would fit right in at SoE. People who think they know whats best for the game but have no clue work their too.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah i am new here. I thought i was coming to a server that was Classic not "what the dev's think is classic". Could people 12 years ago have used the same strat on dragons? Sure. Did they? No because they didnt realize you could. Basically you changing things because people know how to work the system. Good for them. Don't call this a classic server then because its not. My peace has been said. Good bye.
While I don't agree with this guy RE: Ivandyr Hoops he does raise a good point. The only reason this is changed is because people know about it now and can abuse it, now...hense the nerf.

So how do you hide from the argument to remove the hybrid XP taxes if you're going to be using this school of thought? The only reason hybrids are avoided is because we know about the taxes now. Why aren't we changing this too?
Old 09-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PS Nilbog I said I was done, but I can't quit you.
<3 you too buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetrium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I don't agree with this guy RE: Ivandyr Hoops he does raise a good point. The only reason this is changed is because people know about it now and can abuse it, now...hense the nerf.

So how do you hide from the argument to remove the hybrid XP taxes if you're going to be using this school of thought? The only reason hybrids are avoided is because we know about the taxes now. Why aren't we changing this too?
This thread has nothing to do with exp penalties. If you're curious to read up on my opinion, and everyone else's, it has been discussed several times.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-a...w=1047&bih=465

Feel free to continue on there.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Kobold

I'd say it's classic in the sense that if people had done it on live, it definitely would have been nerfed.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

If the dude is stuck in the wall and is a bug (however classic it was). I doubt it was on purpose and should get fixed.

Just like how hoops were abused here, if it had happened on live, they would have been fixed.

fix what needs to be fixed imo.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:14 PM
Sarnak

Default Opinions

First: You make valid points about things being made unclassic on a server that claims to be classic.
Second: You are being ignorant or niave in thinking that everything that was classic should remain in game.
Third: Fixing a NPC location with little importance with a new server undergoing beta testing is gonna be low priority. And with that stated, I would make the assumption that it was a joke saying it's staying the same due to being classic , when it is really just not worth the time to fix. BUT I could be wrong.

But these are just my opinions, just like everyone else.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Lyunga was not a static spawn and kind of rare on Live. She would also despawn after a set amount of time. This is the problem.

Twelve years ago people didn't realize you could do this because it would have took a LONG FUCKING TIME. Not to mention the plat that would have been used up. Imagine turning in 10 rubies to her not receiving a hoop, watching her despawn and spending another five or six hours spawning her again.

I find it really fucking funny that none of the people using this shit strategy never once thought to themselves why this was never done on Live. Not one single fucking post in the bug forum about it.

The damage is already done here on the server. There are too many hoops floating around now just to fix the cycle/rarity of Lyunga and the rarity turning in rubies. Something needed to be done about this (and it was) because the very people using it FAILED to bug report it before it got completely out of hand. Go throw your tantrum at them instead of Nilbog. You can bet your ass Verant would have done something about this had Lyunga been a static spawn and people were hooping dragons down in ten seconds flat.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can bet your ass Verant would have done something about this had Lyunga been a static spawn and people were hooping dragons down in ten seconds flat.
This is the point. It wasn't used as an exploit on live, so SOE never nerfed it.

You bet your ass the devs will do what it takes to stop exploits that hurt the game, classic or not.
Closed Thread