Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

hackanon was terrible. standing still with auto attack on for 15 minutes with a mob that was no issue for healers/tank, then a little lol of zerglings at the end.

may as well have had us stand around for 15 minutes, told a knock-knock joke, then given out artifact loot that no one deserved.

at least that next one with the magic-type wisps had some depth to it. Even though it excluded all melee classes and some caster classes :P
Old 09-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Uthgaard once threw a GM event for people 25 or lower. TR showed up trying to ninja loot rotting gear because he made it that good for the lowbies.

Was fun.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

ok let's clear that up. He never said 26+ couldn't loot. There was a piece of armor, which I announced multiple times as rotting and updated on its timer and gave the loc, which was an upgrade for me. At 10 seconds, I looted it.

Without notifying anyone we weren't allowed to loot, uth treated us like scumbags trying to cheat the system.

edit~ and I also destroyed it when amelinda told me I wasn't allowed to have it. ninja looting is an incorrect term.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Kobold

Sounds like ninja looting but whatever. I haven't had the chance to participate in a GM event but I could do without the spamming of broadcasts while they are going on if I choose to do something else.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

I like the kind of GM events where they are are just.. happened upon. Broadcasts do kinda ruin that unless they are particularly trying to stress test something. Roaming GM controlled NPCs that set forth a pre-built scripted quest or even an opened ended quest that just add some extra spice to a zone. Whether or not there is loot shouldn't even be a concern.. it just allows the world to be more real and spontaneous.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:50 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

i may start doing some guide events once a month or something ... after my plate is no longer so full i can't carry it :P.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

would be cool to take all the dragons - Gore/trak/sev/tal/nag/vox and spawn them in random zones one week. So you kinda couldnt track other then go from zone to zone looking.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

eh, too valuable imo. not only that but it doesn't follow some of the lore in the game.

making loot pinatas is not the same as making GM events
Old 09-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

Would be awesome to be in oasis and someone shouts, "holy shit faydedar to docks!"
Old 09-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

lol i remember back on live days when ppl would say specs to docks all the time lol or train them on the coast
Closed Thread