Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Kobold

Default Full screen issues (1920x1080 resolution)

Oftentimes when I put the game into full screen (my preference), if I click anywhere in the extremities of the screen, the game will go back into windowed mode. This is pretty annoying, but not sure if there is a fix for it. I think it may just be a case of my comp being too new for the software (I have an nvidia 560ti gtx).

If anyone has a fix, please let me know.

Otherwise, does anyone know how to blacken the area around the window?
Old 09-21-2011, 02:51 PM
Aviak

I made my window'd version of the game fill the entire screen, and this doesn't happen to me as much. It seemed that this would happen when I'd click outside of where the window'd screen would have been. Not sure if it works for anyone else, but its my little workaround.

Zaino Shadowillow 41 Druid Seriously Comical
Tempi Adem 29 Rogue Seriously Comical
Old 09-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Kobold

Yeh that is not such a bad workaround but looks terrible (I noticed the same thing as you).

Is there anyway to darken/blacken anything outside of the window?
Old 09-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Kobold

Been happening to me too. Wish I could actually get the game in 1920 x 1080 as well.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Fire Giant

I gave up and play at 1777 x 992 windowed.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Fire Giant

True fans play at 640x400 like back in 99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Jokes aside though, I run at 1080p (1920x1080) no problem. I use the configuration from my intaller.. perhaps give that a shot and pick option to change resolutions? Look in my signature for the link.

Note that your keybindings will be reset.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Kobold

What would the code be for that?
Old 09-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeh that is not such a bad workaround but looks terrible (I noticed the same thing as you).

Is there anyway to darken/blacken anything outside of the window?
What he means is that when you are in windowed mode, make the resolution the same as you would in full screen and then drag the windowed mode window to cover as much of the screen as you can manage. Then switch back to full screen mode. When you are back in full screen mode the "click through" effect will only happen where your windowed mode screen doesn't cover.

I hope that helps.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Aviak

Guys, I play full screen all the time at 1920x1200 and 1920x1080.

You have to move the option windows to the center of your screen, including the yes/no dialog box.

You'll be able to click them without being thrown back into windowed mode, if you position it just right.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

I had the same problem on both my laptop and desktop. I would log on click and it would minimize. Once I clicked back on everquest it would be in windowed mode. To solve it I would go to options in game. Click resolution and set it to the same resolution as my desktop. Even though in game everquest said I was running at 1920x1200 which is the same as my desktop resolution I would click on it again and hit apply. Once I applied the resolution again instead of hitting alt enter to make it full screen. I would hit options in game and click full screen, and those two simple steps has solved that problem for me on both my computers. So in other words when you log in set your resolution again and hit apply even though it shows you are at the right resolution. Also sometimes everquest would minimize and close randomly. I have fixed that problem by setting my fps to 50 instead of 100, which can be done in options as well. As weird as it sounds that works perfectly for me and I use a gtx 580 graphics card.