Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 10:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiah2011 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even If i hated someone I would still help them if they were broke down on the side of the road~~That just being human.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezuen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I respond to everyone I can, even to those who have previously rubbed me the wrong way.
Sometimes the difference is a matter of seconds, other times it is a matter of minutes. Everyone still gets response when applicable. You would also have to work pretty hard to get yourself into that category, the only people I can think of right now that it would apply to if people who have personally harassed me or worse, and even some of those I can't remember their names [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
btw ezuen did you get my petition?
About Pope? Only 5 times or so [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Skeleton

Pft, maybe when the GM's are getting a paycheck they will have to follow protocol. Until they get a paycheck, I say they can attend to petitions in whatever order they want. Maybe you should just be grateful these people take time out of their days to keep this server up and running.

PS-- What the chances we can get people banned based on the fact they were born with silver spoons in their hands? What are you a Bush daughter?!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:35 AM
VIP / Contributor

Petitions are triaged, not FCFS. The idiot who fell off the boat in timorous comes before the idiot who made a surname while drunk who comes before the idiot who left his pegasus cloak on his corpse and it rotted. The opposing notion is pretty entertaining, however, because I know what Tamiah's really mad about.

If absolutely necessary, we could look in the db and see what the multiple petitions were about if someone spammed in several, but anyone who spams them in is either impatient or telling a life story. As a general rule, it's unnecessary and easier to ask what the hell you were talking about.
Last edited by Uthgaard; 08-26-2011 at 11:37 AM..
Old 08-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezuen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
About Pope? Only 5 times or so [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and he's finally back too! <3 <3 <3
Old 08-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and he's finally back too! <3 <3 <3
Quote:
8.) Your petitioning for something we cannot help you with and are now offline.
Something I had nothing to do with, restoring characters is something you would need a GM like Uthgaard for, not a Guide like me tending to in game petitions. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The opposing notion is pretty entertaining, however, because I know what Tamiah's really mad about.
I think it would be fascinating if you guys kept logs and notes about the variety of issues which you've had to deal with. Stuff like playerxx complained about <something> in the forums but here's the real story.. Or details about game mechanics (what we thought vs what they really are) Obviously this would be stuff to be published off in the future but it would be a fun read for those of us who will look back on P99's early day with great fondness. The downside is that keeping such notes is yet another thing to do.
Imagine being able to read about such things from SOE about the early days.
-----------------------
Old 08-26-2011, 03:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
4.) You have a retarded novelty name.
Come now, Everquest clearly intended for players to give their characters retarded novelty names, why do you think we have the /surname function? It's so you can CONJOIN THE NAMES TO MAKE A TASTELESS PUN, PUERILE JOKE, OR THREADBARE REFERENCE TO INTERNET SUBCULTURE.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Kobold

Send a message via ICQ to Bushido Send a message via AIM to Bushido Send a message via MSN to Bushido

Quote:
It displays a compacted version of each petition, however we can only view one completely.

"Hey so I was doing I doing this things in this zone and then this happ....."

"Hey not sure if you saw my first petiton or not but I figured I would..."

looks like:

"Hey not sure if you saw my first petiton or not but I figured I would bump it just in case."
If the server goes down for a reset does it wipe or keep the petitions submitted upon coming back up?
Tsuku - 1 Dark Elf Enchanter

Cicada 3301
Old 08-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
10.) You accidentally typed /guid instead of /guild.

9.) There is no one online tending the petition queue.

8.) Your petitioning for something we cannot help you with and are now offline.

7.) Your internet connection went out, and somehow its the servers fault.

6.) You logged on only to submit you petitioned then logged off.

5.) You want to change your name to a retarded novelty name.

4.) You have a retarded novelty name.

3.) You were impatient and submitted another petition and now all we can see is "bump for my previous petition".

2.) You're in guild A when the server staff is clearly biased towards guild B, or in guild B while the server staff is clearly biased towards guild A.

1.) You're looking for an IP exemption so you and your brother can play together.

**Partially joking, partially serious**

We have logs and screenshots of a TR member agroing our trak pull into the water when we engaged that wiped our raid.

We petitioned but have not heard anything.

I would respectfully ask if you could review it for us at your earliest convince and will accept any decision you would make even if its "Piss off"

Thank you for your time

-Tiggles
Old 08-26-2011, 04:44 PM
Aviak

Dear Tiggles,

He already said he is a guide not a gm. I would infer that your situation would require a gm to access db logs. If Uthgard made this thread then your post would be relevant.
Closed Thread