Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2023, 06:16 PM
Banned

This is a very insightful discussion. I'm interested to know more about your views. Please carry on gentlemen. Don't mind me, I'm just listening in.
Old 12-15-2023, 06:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneldor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a very insightful discussion. I'm interested to know more about your views. Please carry on gentlemen. Don't mind me, I'm just listening in.
Cue that futurama meme where I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

To stay on topic though, what the hell is eggnog? Is it alcoholic? Are there eggs in it? There's a scene in christmas vacation where clark just dunks into this big un-refrigerated bowl of it. Is it a soup? Is it a drink?
Old 12-15-2023, 06:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Asked about what I wanted as a gift this year, I said peace on earth! Oh, and I think a manastone, probably won't get the second though.

Love you all.
Peace on Earth. Hopefully for a bit. Maybe a day. Reasonable Request.

Manastone...? What do you think Santa is made of platinum or something?
Old 12-15-2023, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To stay on topic though, what the hell is eggnog? Is it alcoholic? Are there eggs in it? There's a scene in christmas vacation where clark just dunks into this big un-refrigerated bowl of it. Is it a soup? Is it a drink?
If you buy egg nog more than twice a year something isn't right and you should get that checked out. For those two times though it's a treat to be both mocked and enjoyed until it's gone.

Also egg nog is super private like I should not really even be discussing it. It's for family yo. Fight club rules. Don't Speak from No Doubt kind of thing.
Old 12-15-2023, 07:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It saddens me if farther left folks than me want to start shutting down speech so easily.
no, nothing like that -- just like literal cut-and-dry racist things that are posted here frequently by repeat offenders
Old 12-15-2023, 07:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no, nothing like that -- just like literal cut-and-dry racist things that are posted here frequently by repeat offenders
That sounds horrible. Thanks for the warning. I'll keep an eye out for racisms.
983.jpg
Old 12-15-2023, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

Homemade egg nog is great. Most store bought stuff is alright.

Question about hate speech, is it hate speech to talk about certain races having disproportionate contributions to measurable outcomes?
Old 12-15-2023, 08:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This perspective is that of someone with their blinders on.

If it were only that simple. Many of the decisions here are made opaquely. This standard leaves open lack of tranparent judgements that are easily viewed by the community as well as the appearance of double standards for different parties that are being judged.

If anyone was paying attention the nation watched the top three University presidents go before Congress recently. When they answered how they were would respond to calls for the 'G' Word on the Jewish people on campus two of the three of them said they'd look at this in a context related way, with only one (MIT) saying it would mean an investigation regardless of context.

This cost one of the three of their jobs (UPenn). One of the other two is still weathing turmoil (Harvard) and only MIT President really answered it well enough not to receive internal heat.

There are few people on these forums that have gotten away with precisely what you say booter that have not been banned. In fact there is one gloating in this is very thread. A person that continues to sully every thread he participates in on these forums. Apparently a fan of Ronald McDonald according to his pic near his name.
Last edited by Seducio; 12-15-2023 at 08:35 PM..
Old 12-15-2023, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

[Tourettes guy voice] DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT EGG NOG!

Seriously tho I love it in my espressos. I bought a gaggia espresso machine last year to make lattes at home and it's incredible when cut into my steamed milk. I do 10oz milk and 2oz egg nog and steam/cream that ish up + double shot espresso for some delish top quality Christmas cheer in a cup.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 12-15-2023 at 09:02 PM..
Old 12-15-2023, 09:01 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread