Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Stasis is King
Yes 4 100.00%
Yes 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2023, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

I don't know u pal but I hope you come fuck around. It's not a significant time investment to get into pvp. I designed it for normal people.
Old 10-06-2023, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Then when you get to max level you can join a bunch of retarded old people in Discord and do a GM enforced Dragon rotation.

amazon.com/rope

Sry lol this post is about Quarm.
Old 10-06-2023, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Also if people think Rogean is going to release another PVP box they need to get their head examined.
Old 10-06-2023, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Best case another ROZ but that's stale and old. My box is already superior to it.
Old 10-06-2023, 07:50 PM
Banned

I think you got a good server but full custom like with your own "spells, zones, items and mobs and faster access to PVP" may be more appealing to all the PVPers rather than classic kunark because BiS Red players probably dont wanna start over unless it was "super official professional release" so they can race for ego reasons.

Like I would consider learning to build "EQ 2.0" with the Kunark client rather than sticking to classic at this point.

But im probably still gunna play on your server anyway.

And just my opinion. Do what you like.

Also PVP titles based on kills or if you killed the other person you get their title, would be cool. Definitely some rank system that you can visually see like with armor dies or a custom robe or weapon or whatever. But I wouldn't know how to code that.
Last edited by Hazek; 10-06-2023 at 07:59 PM..
Old 10-06-2023, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

I mean like death touch? What type of hacks have you ran into that you're worried about? I had my suspicion Nizzar had some kind of stick in mass PVP but maybe he was that good.

What cheaters are the concern and any examples of them?

I think you have it completely opposite. I think there's a desire for a Kunark box that people can have fun with. When I say garage box I mean highly accelerated grind, and probably easier PVE in the end game also. 1 seb frog at 55 solo is 14%.

Nothing fun about this, this box is deadly serious.
Old 10-06-2023, 08:09 PM
Banned

I think the problem with EQ is that its just an expression of real life ancient memories and we all just wanna build New Atlantis but this is the closest we can get until we group and escape clown world. So we just keep playing even though we know its just a false expression of what we really want.

So I might just do that instead. But a casual Ranger on your server sounds enjoyable for now.
Old 10-06-2023, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

I mean I get the professionalism and all that but it just isn't me. But my credentials are 2nd to none and my box will win the hearts over of the people. Or it won't we will see brother. We shall see.

I am trying to keep it true to the game with the time commitment vastly shrunk is basically my vision. Custom when Kunark is already perfect? I'd ruin it.
Old 10-06-2023, 08:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean like death touch? What type of hacks have you ran into that you're worried about? I had my suspicion Nizzar had some kind of stick in mass PVP but maybe he was that good.

What cheaters are the concern and any examples of them?

I think you have it completely opposite. I think there's a desire for a Kunark box that people can have fun with. When I say garage box I mean highly accelerated grind, and probably easier PVE in the end game also. 1 seb frog at 55 solo is 14%.

Nothing fun about this, this box is deadly serious.
Ok, I'm glad that you say it like that because yeah I did have it opposite. Sounds great.

And I almost didn't even mention "cheaters" because even the word is cringy to Hardcore PVPers who almost have an "anything goes in EQ PVP" mentality like myself, but I heard about people teleporting to NPC's and window dragging and being able track people without in game tracking, speed hacking, things like that.

But yeah maybe it wont be an issue.
Old 10-06-2023, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

I can window drag, you just pull out your internet cord and you ghost plug it back in end up anywhere you want, it's ghosting I guess technically. Screen dragging was probably some nerd able to just pull his cord in and out or had someone else do it. I'm not sure but it wasn't just dragging your screen.

We'll see it could be an issue. Tracking idc mq idc stick idc ill ban if I see it but even stick isn't free win button.

If someone can teleport and shit I'd be surprised but if I saw it I could ban but I don't know. Do people care enough to? Maybe.