Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2023, 04:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroval [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything's a valid exception to the slippery slope fallacy, except when you criticize his intentions as a slippery slope; then it's a fallacy
I’m just trying to figure out when anyone posted something saying trans people should not be allowed to discuss their lives to anyone
Old 09-28-2023, 04:44 PM
Banned

I didn't know who he was till I googled him. The Internet is for playing EQ on. I don't use it for keeping up to date with e-celeb grifters.
Old 09-28-2023, 04:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m just trying to figure out when anyone posted something saying trans people should not be allowed to discuss their lives to anyone
I'll give you a 5plat at the end of the day one on Quarm if you can find the quote in your quest to search the archives for this gem, but as usual it's probably just Horza projecting his imaginary arguments out upon the rest of us, like a street screaming meth-zombie yelling at cars commuting to work at 5am. You know how Canadians, scratch that, Georgians, scratch that, Homos, scratch that, aboriginal pygmy transracial midgets, scratch that, Jews are. Very chameleonlike.
Last edited by Landroval; 09-28-2023 at 04:49 PM..
Old 09-29-2023, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

I still say a k-12 education that isn't invested in coddling sectarian reality accommodations dissolves everything this forum currently argues about.

Some people here clearly got educated. Others, I can basically peg where you dropped out of the data flow. You think I am kidding?

None of these are adult debates. You have to be willfully ignorant of what we know, to post what the "Make the 20th Century Go Away!" folks post. And it's 2023.

So stale. You guys gonna still be arguing about trannies in the nursing homes. Technology now gives human beings the ability to fuck with their gender characteristics and their sexual organs themselves. That's called Popular Mechanics 2023.

Watch. It's funny if you just adopt a technological determinist perspective. Soon, scientists and industry will figure out a way to turn hormonal states on and off. People will transition several times, perhaps.

Meanwhile, all the current trannies will be pissed, just like old school feminists are currently pissed. "You can't just become things like that back and forth!"

(Do posters here realize most older feminists are anti-trans? And are shedding tears on the regular just like the Christocrats?)

Humans orbit the potentials of their technology. Which is developing toward a singularity.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-29-2023, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still say a k-12 education that isn't invested in coddling sectarian reality accommodations dissolves everything this forum currently argues about.

Some people here clearly got educated. Others, I can basically peg where you dropped out of the data flow. You think I am kidding?

None of these are adult debates. You have to be willfully ignorant of what we know, to post what the "Make the 20th Century Go Away!" folks post. And it's 2023.

So stale. You guys gonna still be arguing about trannies in the nursing homes. Technology now gives human beings the ability to fuck with their gender characteristics and their sexual organs themselves. That's called Popular Mechanics 2023.

Watch. It's funny if you just adopt a technological determinist perspective. Soon, scientists and industry will figure out a way to turn hormonal states on and off. People will transition several times, perhaps.

Meanwhile, all the current trannies will be pissed, just like old school feminists are currently pissed. "You can't just become things like that back and forth!"

(Do posters here realize most older feminists are anti-trans? And are shedding tears on the regular just like the Christocrats?)

Humans orbit the potentials of their technology. Which is developing toward a singularity.

Immortality isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Old 09-29-2023, 11:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of these are adult debates.
I am in agreement that its really hard to consider many p99 forum people adults capable of debate. Other than that though your comment seems like you place too much emphasis on the results that stem from education prior to university. If you talk to high school graduates you will discover they are hip to cultural trends rather than being in any place of moral sophistication.

On the other hand if you mean that the current hot button topics of modern politics aren't debatable then you have drifted into authoritarianism even if it doesn't have any bite since you are a forum dweller rather than a Govt operative. History would indicate authoritarianism can come from either the left or the right and stems from silencing political opposition into submission.

Using language is a human technology. It is a way for humans from different cultures to connect, share ideas, and challenge preconceived notions. New technologies don't always replace old ones. And just because we have the technological power to do something doesn't make it always a good idea to do. We have nuclear weapons but the use of them would be devastating.

You aren't interacting on these forums with a steelman.
Last edited by Seducio; 09-29-2023 at 11:34 AM..
Old 09-29-2023, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Ya. Well. You don't gotta be edumacated to vote, own property, or operate vehicles and modern weapons. You basically just need to be a youtubby thott. With a sponsor.

Lol.
Old 09-29-2023, 12:17 PM
Banned

Magnetaress, in no way am I knocking the university of hard knocks. Every human learns in their own way and you won't find an apologist for modern academia in me. The 'Evergreening' of the modern American Ivory Tower is not something good for anyone including those that are part of that movement. The Marcusian/Gramscian/Dutschke 'Long March thru the Institutions' is nearly complete in the academy and most Americans are clueless about that and its meaning.

I'm calling out Sadre's claim that the debates happening here on these forums are beneath anyone with what we call a K-12 education. Sadre is claiming that having a new styled k-12 education in place - especially if it came from an educational environment that doesn't pander to a Judea-Christian morality - will makes these debates mute and obsolete.

Sadre's perspective appears similar to anyone on the inside of modern academia. Others with different viewpoints are not welcome to challenge the paradigm. To have career success in an ivory tower setting it makes sense to virtue signal values everyone shares that you are on the 'right side of history' like other academics. Sadly this creates an echo chamber that others not caught up in needing to virtue signal at the academy can see through. This is much to the chagrin of folks like Sadre who have broken recorded themselves into a belief system they adopted from other colleagues merely to fit in.
Old 09-29-2023, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

all our school systems did was create a generation of kids who are really good at repeating information someone else provided for them.

they're incapable of critical thinking, or thinking for themselves, because the k-12 system beats it out of them. There is always someone else who has done the work for you and has already found the answer. The students job is to stop questioning it and accept that, then regurgitate what they've been told and shown.

Now we have a society filled with adults with 'degrees' and none of them have any real skills or are capable of thinking for themselves. The answer is they wanna cry and whine to big daddy gov to forgive their debt
because they weren't smart enough to realize the loans they were getting were predatory in nature.

...and this is our elite and educated class ladies and gentlemen.....

its no fucking wonder america is in decline

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 09-29-2023, 12:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all our school systems did was create a generation of kids who are really good at repeating information someone else provided for them.

they're incapable of critical thinking, or thinking for themselves, because the k-12 system beats it out of them. There is always someone else who has done the work for you and has already found the answer. The students job is to stop questioning it and accept that, then regurgitate what they've been told and shown.

Now we have a society filled with adults with 'degrees' and none of them have any real skills or are capable of thinking for themselves. The answer is they wanna cry and whine to big daddy gov to forgive their debt
because they weren't smart enough to realize the loans they were getting were predatory in nature.

...and this is our elite and educated class ladies and gentlemen.....

its no fucking wonder america is in decline
Closed Thread