Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 01-09-2023, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best way to make money TBH for everyone except maybe ENC.
+1 scepter (lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 01-18-2023, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is making me wonder what class can kill droga goblins the fastest. My bard shreds them too -- aoe snare several (exactly how many is a bit of a gear check) and aoe kite them down.
I am curious how fast Rogues can go here. Droga is highest plat/hour I've found for soloing, even without the goblin skins market, but having to walk to sell hurts a lot. Jayya also doesn't have the right gear due to slow self healing; I get slowed a lot recovering from damage shield damage with BP clicks. Ideally I would need a fungi, Mrylokar Dagger, Ring 10 for sustained healing and higher AC/MR gear to resist harmtouch/more melee damage resistance.

Assassinate and strafe backstabbing on casters does make the actual kills relatively fast but the gear requirements to even try competing with a naked mage would be enormous.

Sanctum Low Man Vindi Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZfNjvsDRE
Old 01-18-2023, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

For real-time spent farming, I wonder if a big race warrior with weighted axe could do Droga by kiting the whole dungeon to exit, Furious discing, then zoning if there is stuff left alive. Average Riposte damage in 9 seconds with weighted axe is close to goblin HP, I think. Might be interesting to try and see if there's a sweet spot or if they're just a bit too strong/the casters get you. If you kite for at least 7 minutes all the damage shields will be down as well.

Hour long recharge on the disc might make it bad even if you can fill your whole bags in 15 minutes, but it gives a natural time to go sell, so maybe?

Sanctum Low Man Vindi Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZfNjvsDRE
Old 01-18-2023, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is making me wonder what class can kill droga goblins the fastest. My bard shreds them too -- aoe snare several (exactly how many is a bit of a gear check) and aoe kite them down.
I mean its monk if uber-geared but no BiS monk is farming Droga.

Epic mage, swarming bard otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 01-18-2023, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For real-time spent farming, I wonder if a big race warrior with weighted axe could do Droga by kiting the whole dungeon to exit, Furious discing, then zoning if there is stuff left alive. Average Riposte damage in 9 seconds with weighted axe is close to goblin HP, I think. Might be interesting to try and see if there's a sweet spot or if they're just a bit too strong/the casters get you. If you kite for at least 7 minutes all the damage shields will be down as well.

Hour long recharge on the disc might make it bad even if you can fill your whole bags in 15 minutes, but it gives a natural time to go sell, so maybe?
I used to solo huuuuge chunks of the hole on vox with a 70 warrior with a 70/70 axe.

Basically pull all the ghost tower, ball them up, corner up, hit riposte and rampage. Was a few aa per pull. I think your idea may have merit.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-18-2023, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Mages don't have to worry about channeling breaks so much.

Best duo is someone with root and someone with a big pet.

The lazy version is mage and cleric. Cleric can pull and clear agro. And if high elf can with just clickies. This is quite literally the powerfulest character in this game.
Old 01-18-2023, 05:06 PM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mages don't have to worry about channeling breaks so much.

....And if high elf can with just clickies. This is quite literally the powerfulest character in this game.
They do make quite the impressive cleric or paladin, right? Starting out so beautiful with that BIS Charisma? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-18-2023, 05:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter is easier.

Butt if u want to mindlessly grind plat go necro or mage.

(Or druid or wiz for port sell gate) butt those guys have much more limited farming spots.
Yeah, take Druins in Sro for instance.. That guy.... Is limited as fuck....
Old 01-18-2023, 06:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d say an abashi monk would be the fastest followed by an epic mage with velk boots.
If I'm hurrying I can kill roughly 3 goblins per minute on my bard. The velks boots are a 17 second click; if they have time to click it on every goblin I don't expect them to outpace me.

I don't usually mind the high activity of bard killing but getting locked-in to playing for multiple minutes at a time is annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am curious how fast Rogues can go here. Droga is highest plat/hour I've found for soloing, even without the goblin skins market, but having to walk to sell hurts a lot. Jayya also doesn't have the right gear due to slow self healing; I get slowed a lot recovering from damage shield damage with BP clicks. Ideally I would need a fungi, Mrylokar Dagger, Ring 10 for sustained healing and higher AC/MR gear to resist harmtouch/more melee damage resistance.

Assassinate and strafe backstabbing on casters does make the actual kills relatively fast but the gear requirements to even try competing with a naked mage would be enormous.
Yeah, it's too bad there are no fair vendors that are easy to get to. The suggestion to bind a druid nearby and drop transfer seems good for those with an extra druid.
Old 01-22-2023, 04:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

seems like pro level theorycraft here I would love to hear someone trying but I don't think I will have the chance this lifetime to max level a warrior and get him geared out.

I think I've got it in me to level up 1 more guy if red 2.0 comes out but otherwise I don't know. Thats why I've always liked item loot pvp at low levels because you can jump into meaningful combat with players without grinding much at all.
Lost but not forgotten.