Kobold

Where is the “y’all need Jesus” guy when you need him
Old 01-07-2023, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

parry, riposte and dodge, are def not classic here
Old 01-07-2023, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
parry, riposte and dodge, are def not classic here
The client we use is form Depths of Darkhollow (a very cool idea for a new area to explore), that is 2006, with a level cap of 70! When was the code that eqemu was based on leaked (which p99 forks off)?

We are all aware there were several tweaks, revamps and overhauls of combat mechanics, skills, caps and formula between the tail end of Velious and this time.

It is my suggestion that the efficiency of the skills related to dodge, parry, riposte and so on were calibrated for a max level of 50. To project continually improved returns from these skills for caps at levels 60, 65 and beyond using the original formulas must have been too effective. NPCs may struggle too land any blows if those skills were too good.

We know it to be the case these skills became too effective, as 'strikethrough' (which gave a chance to bypass those skills) was added to the game. I suggest, on top of adding strike though there were alterations to formulae for the efficacy of these skills to alter how they scaled.

In short I acknowledge you may have a point on this one Agneta.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-07-2023, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

We know for certain (because people far less lazy than myself have done classic research and provided evidence) that channeling is unclassic here.

Fixing it would likely make Enchanters (and Shaman, and others) far more classic, so let's hope that happens ... someday.

(Nilbog's had the evidence for a while now, but I'm sure it's not an easy fix.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Old 01-07-2023, 11:44 AM
Banned

Computers weren't around in Classic, so naturally this server is CONFIRMED Not Classic.
Old 01-07-2023, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We know for certain (because people far less lazy than myself have done classic research and provided evidence) that channeling is unclassic here.

Fixing it would likely make Enchanters (and Shaman, and others) far more classic, so let's hope that happens ... someday.

(Nilbog's had the evidence for a while now, but I'm sure it's not an easy fix.)
Why do the "fixes" only go in one direction?

People just love to nerf others, it's obvious.
Old 01-07-2023, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do the "fixes" only go in one direction?

People just love to nerf others, it's obvious.
All games are made easier and less challenging overtime, WoW is a great example. By nature things will just get harder if you start out playing the watered down version of the game.

Seeing butthurts cry about it on their free game where the stated goal is literally to recreate the original game is undoubtedly enjoyable. Wont lie about it
Old 01-07-2023, 03:34 PM
Banned

yeah guys just read the wiki
(lol)
Old 01-07-2023, 04:46 PM
Banned

When I first played EQ, pet classes had to do at least 1 point of damage to the mob to get full XP.

I don't remember a 51% damage rule.

It's one of the worst nerfs I've seen so far, especially for Mages.
Old 01-08-2023, 02:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 Classic

- Professional traders in EC tunnel (EC tunnel is more like wall street or the goldman sachs HQ)
This is patently untrue as there was several well known "professional traders" like this on The Rathe back in classic, and the tunnel then on that server wasn't much different than green's is now, item links aside.

Did not continue reading rest of post after seeing how wrong the very first point was.