Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
um.. you cant have two clients logged in from the same ip UNLESS a GM made flagged the accounts exempt. so um.. if a GM saw two clients from the same IP and decided to ban the accounts, that same GM would also be an idiot.
Having an IP exemption does not remove you from suspicion of boxing. If we find out that there are not two people playing, both accounts will be banned, IP exemption or not.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezuen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having an IP exemption does not remove you from suspicion of boxing. If we find out that there are not two people playing, both accounts will be banned, IP exemption or not.
I'd imagine an exemption is like a big flag saying "Watch me I'll probably be boxing one of these days"...
Old 08-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd imagine an exemption is like a big flag saying "Watch me I'll probably be boxing one of these days"...
^this
Old 08-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Aviak

my appologies, it wasn't that, it was a different reason all together.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Kobold

just have to be patient. they are doing this for free afterall. I know, you are probably excited to play, hang in there. take turns soloing for a bit : )
Old 08-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Banned

It takes between just after you give up and fucking forever.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuffed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would it not be easier to permit 2 logins from a single IP and when detected, request them to fill out an exception form? Could save some processing cycles of the admin staff?
Easier for the people wanting to get away with boxing or the people that have legitimate significant others they want to play with, sure.

Easier on the staff that run this server completely for free for you and me? No, not at all. Why should it be their job to try to police roughly 800-1200 people that all have the ability to 2 box just to save the roughly 20% of the population that needs an exemption the 2-3 week wait to have it filled?

Their server, their rules. Don't wait if you don't want to.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Fire Giant

I suggest going and getting a few items from a Taco Bell near you. Once you return I'm sure your IP exemption will be granted.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourthmeal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suggest going and getting a few items from a Taco Bell near you. Once you return I'm sure your IP exemption will be granted.
And if not, shit, at least you've got a mouthful of crunch wrap supreme to ease your mind.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And if not, shit, at least you've got a mouthful of crunch wrap supreme to ease your mind.
Hark, a Hero of the Shell!