Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 07-15-2022, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfminster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I do have the cash for that ring.

I'm just used to having total control over pets after playing the pet classes so this chaotic charming is a shock to the system.

I've yet to have a good session with it.
Practice makes perfect. The ring is a luxury item. I leveled both my enchanter and druid without one...I still don't have one on either char (both many hours played at 60).

If you can do it now (with some struggle), it will get easier as you gain levels as there will be a wider gap between blue con mobs and your own level, making your charms last significantly longer. Each and every level should be noticeably easier charming. Not to mention more tools in your spell kit.

Snare an animal, charm it, send it into another mob, root that mob, snare that mob, sit down and watch the show.

See how the HPs are going down. If your pet is winning, you can spam "sit" on the pet window and it should start to even out. If your pet is losing, can DoT the target mob.

Outdoors charming on a druid is extremely forgiving...do some outside now and you'll be ready to crush Cazic Thule gators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Last edited by Toxigen; 07-15-2022 at 01:55 PM..
Old 07-15-2022, 09:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go pay the "iron price" for a Goblin Gazhuhi Ring (ie. go camp the Sarnak Courier for something like 7 hours): it's doable at 25 (you might even still get some XP doing it), and it's the only item you need to charm well.
7 Hours is you can hold down all the spawn points. If you can just hold 1, then it will be much longer. My Necro camped the single spawn spot for my ench. I spent several game days there (well over 20 hours total). By the end he was no longer getting exp off the mobs. I think there is a YT video of a bard showing how to camp the double spawn location. You can see me camped on the single spawn spot in it. My 15 minutes, er 5 seconds of internet "fame."
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Last edited by Garnaak; 07-15-2022 at 09:07 PM..
Old 07-16-2022, 04:38 AM
Planar Protector

Permafrost is great xp and has 'A Large Dire Wolf', a level 24 mob pefect for charm (just fits into the cap for befriend animal if you for some reason don't want to use the charm animal spell).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 07-16-2022, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Permafrost is great xp and has 'A Large Dire Wolf', a level 24 mob pefect for charm (just fits into the cap for befriend animal if you for some reason don't want to use the charm animal spell).
Technically correct but realistically not a good idea. OP is level 25. You're not getting down through perma solo on a 25 druid to go charm a single level 24 wolf. Perma is a nightmare of healing through walls, multi pulls, etc.

Stick to outdoors (Lake of Ill Omen, Everfrost, etc) until 29 and feel very comfortable charming. Bind just inside CT, and get working on the best possible XP which will rocket you all the way to 39. As long as its green XP, the ZEM / outdoors of CT is so good its worth staying until its completely dried up.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Cazic_Thule_Alligator_Pit

39-late 40s can do Overthere and EJ. There's a point at 48/49/50/51 where things will feel kinda bad. Once you hit 52 you're back in the driver's seat with Call of Karana.

Honestly more important than the damn gazughi ring for a druid would be a thurg wrist MQ (Drones of Doom click), Earring of Woven Bark (snare click), and DS gloves (if cool w/ tunare).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Last edited by Toxigen; 07-16-2022 at 08:19 AM..
Old 07-16-2022, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly more important than the damn gazughi ring for a druid would be a thurg wrist MQ (Drones of Doom click), Earring of Woven Bark (snare click), and DS gloves (if cool w/ tunare).
A goblin gazughi ring is much more obtainable for a level 25 druid than any of that stuff ... and I'd think it would help more not less. Being able to instantly and reliably break charm is huge, whereas being able to do a little more damage (to just one of the two mobs you're charm fighting with) is a lot less so.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-16-2022, 12:34 PM
Orc

SK has fun critters to charm and/or quad if you're able. Easy selling to Centaurs. Mammoths are good exp/plat once but there are often too few for the couple druids who want them.

Fwiw, (not to incite the wrath and math of DSM and his naysayers) I rarely get stunned on my Troll Shaman and he exclusively solod with 1-2k worth of gear until 35. It changes at higher levels, against high tier mobs but this is discussed ad nauseum in a hundred places in the Priest forum. Mana is always going to be a problem for every ungeared solo caster, that's just the nature of the game.
Old 07-17-2022, 07:02 PM
Banned

I decided to stay at the giant fort.

I'm 29 now.

Ensnaring Roots has been a nightmare with the high resists and constant breaking.

Killing is slow and medding is slow.

With the Iksar Monk it was kill, loot, bind wound, kill, loot, bind wound, repeat, repeat, etc, etc. I looted a lot of forest loops with him.

Wolf form is addictive though and porting to Misty Thicket is nice and convenient.

Watching lizards kill halflings not so nice.

It's a shame I can't attack the iksars who are attacking the halfling guards.

It's a shame the iksar guards aren't worth attacking.

Verant bias.

Ports are always useful even at 60 so a druid is a good investment.
Old 07-20-2022, 10:12 AM
Banned

L34 now.

I tried quad kiting Tundra Yeti in DL but my mana pool is too small. I only have 130 WIS.

When playing this Druid I felt like something was missng then I realised I'm not dying. I don't recall ever dying on this character.
Old 07-20-2022, 10:41 AM
Banned

I've been meleeing a lot.

I buff myself with Skin like Steel, Firefist, Shield of Brambles, Regeneration, Wolf Form, Strength of Stone, and even though my equipment is bad with a lot of empty slots I can easily tank and spank 3 DB brutes at once in WW.

I am using Titans Fist as a weapon which hits for 50 max although I miss a lot.
Old 07-20-2022, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

quit wasting your time and learn how to charm already. You literally only need 4 spells, camo, snare, nuke, charm. if you are outdoors and able to run around it's stupidly easy.

you arent even going to be able to quad at 44 if your gear is that shitty, btw.