Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 06-06-2022, 04:01 PM
Sarnak

Purge blue, then merge with green. That's the real solution here
Old 06-06-2022, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's literally not just about legacy gear and the items as to why blue shouldn't merge with green.

Your motivation based on your chat history says otherwise though.

Merging an exploited shit beta server with a fresh pool is stupid.

Hate to say it, the community literally doesn't need blue pop to play happily on green. That part is apparent.

No evidence is still no evidence. Which ya'll havent bothered posting.

But hey, how about this, let's have blue merge with green; however, purge blue before that happens.

Let's get behind that idea and I'm all for blue merging into green.
Why do you want to destroy what people have been working hard on? I don't understand the need to delete my character for you to feel better?

Green was meant to roll over into blue when it was completed and starts fresh again...no one gets deleted or purged and there's always a fresh server for people to play on ..seems fair to me
Old 06-06-2022, 04:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you want to destroy what people have been working hard on? I don't understand the need to delete my character for you to feel better?

Green was meant to roll over into blue when it was completed and starts fresh again...no one gets deleted or purged and there's always a fresh server for people to play on ..seems fair to me
Because merging blue with green destroys what people on green have worked hard on.

You just lack self awareness and a critical understanding that people play on green because they dont want to play on blue.

Also green was not meant to roll over into blue. The staff's opinion changed within weeks of their initial announcement to roll out the server. Again it's in the p1999 wiki. You should probably spend some time reading it.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Server
Old 06-06-2022, 04:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because merging blue with green destroys what people on green have worked hard on.

You just lack self awareness and a critical understanding that people play on green because they dont want to play on blue.

Also green was not meant to roll over into blue. The staff's opinion changed within weeks of their initial announcement to roll out the server. Again it's in the p1999 wiki. You should probably spend some time reading it.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Server
Merging green into blue doesn't destroy anything, relax your pixels will be fine
Old 06-06-2022, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
it's literally not just about legacy gear and the items as to why blue shouldn't merge with green. You keep cherry picking these one offs, when you're ignoring 90% of the rest of the shit that's gone down on blue.

Your motivation based on your chat history says otherwise though.

Merging an exploited shit beta server with a fresh pool is stupid.

Hate to say it, the community literally doesn't need blue pop to play happily on green. That part is apparent.

No evidence is still no evidence. Which ya'll havent bothered posting.

But hey, how about this, let's have blue merge with green; however, purge blue before that happens.

Let's get behind that idea and I'm all for blue merging into green.
There's literally no real negative impact to a merge. What you're whining and crying about is apparently that you feel special for things you've accomplished on Green (who cares, it's a video game, relax) and feel like your accomplishments will be diluted by being merged with Blue because you claim exploits, that people have had longer to build their chars up, etc.

This always happens with progression servers. Look what just happened with one on live EQ? It got to the end of the timeline and got merged. It is what it is. If you play on a progression server that's a reality you have to accept. The positive is that at least your stuff doesn't get deleted, it's always there if you want to play it!

Maybe if you were willing to pay the really expensive cost of buying the server and paying to maintain it the staff might consider it. But they're not going to leave an identical server open just because you're whiney/a snowflake about your accomplishments in a 23 year old video game. Take a walk outside, clear your head, realize this is just a video game. Relax.

Not to mention the fact that if they don't merge and make a new fresh server while keeping both other servers open, Green will be dead. I don't want that, and nor will you once you realize that everyone abandoned Green to play on the new server, thus rendering these "accomplishments" you like to show off to people on Green moot.
Old 06-06-2022, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That seems stupid, but hey it's their server they could do that if they wanted to. But seems doubtful they would just because you have nothing else going on in your life such that you are obsessed with your accomplishments in a 23 year old video game.
Old 06-06-2022, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

He wants you to delete your character because he is way too immersed such that he is petrified of what he feels will be dilution of his achievements when he's merged with Blue. So he posts some fake screenshot progression, with a lvl 1 and lvl 4 char on Blue and then claims to have deleted them. It's honestly one of the weirdest things I've seen anyone use as support for an argument on here lol
Old 06-06-2022, 05:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
If you think that kind of abuse exists today among current staff
People said the same thing about current staff being above reproach during Sirken's tenure before his leaks came out. Plenty of people thought Derubael was a great GM too. List goes on and on. History tends to repeat itself don't be naive. You haven't been around very long and don't know much about human nature if you really think there will never be another corrupt GM scandal. For all we know it could be actively going on as we speak and we just won't know about it til if/when a leak occurs.

Quote:
......I've literally said this like 5 times in my replies to your nonsense and you continued to repeat the same bullshit

You're a very very special fella

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Old 06-06-2022, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Can't wait to see all you crybabies on blue!

Sorry you don't got ability to read plans for green before dumping 1000s of hours into it. Hope this helps.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

I honestly don't know where people got the idea Green wouldn't be merged into Blue. Until the developers say otherwise, that is the current plan.

If they do change the plan, we won't know about it until Green 1.0 is almost finished. The developers gain nothing from announcing the final plans early, because it may affect players decisions to roll new characters on Green 1.0.