Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 02:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
\
- Archery weapon_dmg is once again correctly being calculated.
And by "correctly" he means that we now do somewhere around half the dps we did last week with bow. Instead of soloing for 1% per 2 hours I can now get 1% per 4 hours. Good call on the ranger nerf, I was totally OP!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some notes from code that got ninja'd in after this patch:

Test-Src
- Removed hard "calculated damage" cap for < 10 and < 20 players, replaced with weapon_dmg cap.
could someone explain what this means exactly? instead of just 2x weapon base dmg for max hit it goes to....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Fire Giant

There was a cap on live to how hard you could hit up to lvl 10 and 20. Once you hit 20 I think,then weapon damage will take effect.

I'm guessing it wasnt like that here and changed to it.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
could someone explain what this means exactly? instead of just 2x weapon base dmg for max hit it goes to....
I think it is this now:

1-9: Weapon damage capped at 10 (20 damage).
10-19: Weapon damage capped at 14 (28 damage).
20+: Weapon damage cap removed.

I haven't verified the 20+ info.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Aviak

so how do we know what the max damage is. I was using a bow and it did way more dmg than then 20, and +3 for the arrows i was using.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:06 PM
Sarnak

cool story: I was wrong about the archery nerfs cutting dps by 50% - I just did a slightly more objective test and it seems the nerf has cut archery dps by roughly 75%.

I now take 4x longer to kill things than my already abysmally slow pre-patch rate. At this rate it will take 600 hours to solo the remaining 75% of level 54!
Old 07-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Soz, not going to go into great detail over this but basically, that's just the way it will have to be in the scope of this server:

Quote:
the majority of Rangers lose their role as a damage dealer class and are reduced back to the red-headed step-child class that they were in Kunark. No one wants to see that happen again.
Quote:
It was pretty amazing the turn around the did on ranger bow damage.

Making bow damage worthwhile was the right thing to do though.
http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...ad.php?p=11131
Last edited by Aadill; 07-28-2011 at 02:23 PM..
Old 07-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cool story: I was wrong about the archery nerfs cutting dps by 50% - I just did a slightly more objective test and it seems the nerf has cut archery dps by roughly 75%.

I now take 4x longer to kill things than my already abysmally slow pre-patch rate. At this rate it will take 600 hours to solo the remaining 75% of level 54!
If you played a Ranger in the classic trilogy, you knew bows weren't worth breaking out for anything but pulling until Velious, and even then, for 2 mins every 72 mins and that was questionable. It was probably more efficient in Kunark to play druid and root/DoT with Drones of Doom and Immolate, and then realizing by the time you got Drones of Doom that your Conjuration skill was like 3, so you spent days spamming Dance of Fireflies like a tool... but even then only in outdoors zones at nighttime. Then in Velious, we got Panic Animal and everyone that hadn't deleted their rangers by then all went to Western Wastes to fearkite/melee mastadons and velium hounds or whatever. And if you were 60, you were better off saving your disc for Weaponshield on most encounters until Luclin AM3/EQ where ranger archery was clearly game-changing.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Last edited by YendorLootmonkey; 07-28-2011 at 02:27 PM..
Old 07-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a fellow red-headed stepchild
:3
Old 07-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

So are these new changes (no dmg bonus and rarely hitting for even close to max dmg anymore) permanent for the life of the server?
Closed Thread