Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-30-2022, 08:37 PM
Large Rat

Default Coming back, green vs blue

I've been playing with the idea of coming to P99, but am having a difficult time choosing between the 2 servers.

I've been told things are a little more cutthroat on green at the moment, specifically higher levels with a monopoly on certain camps and such, and that blue tends to feel more laxed overall, albeit a little more difficult to find groups for lower levels.

Blue seems to appeal maybe a little more due to the alleged 'laxness' of it, but i'm maybe a little worried i'll have issues leveling up with it being potentially top-heavy.

Anyone who currently dabbles in both, or knows enough about the two servers to give a little insight? I'm also curious about the QoL differences, like i know blue has pet bar for example.

thanks!
Old 04-30-2022, 10:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nannaki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been playing with the idea of coming to P99, but am having a difficult time choosing between the 2 servers.

I've been told things are a little more cutthroat on green at the moment, specifically higher levels with a monopoly on certain camps and such, and that blue tends to feel more laxed overall, albeit a little more difficult to find groups for lower levels.

Blue seems to appeal maybe a little more due to the alleged 'laxness' of it, but i'm maybe a little worried i'll have issues leveling up with it being potentially top-heavy.

Anyone who currently dabbles in both, or knows enough about the two servers to give a little insight? I'm also curious about the QoL differences, like i know blue has pet bar for example.

thanks!
I logged on my old blue chars of various levels a few times over the past month or so. Every time I log in most low level zones are completely/mostly dead. I'd say if you plan on playing blue probably make a class that can solo when finding groups is difficult. I've logged into mistmoore having 2-4 people in it multiple times. Crushbone being empty or 1 guy getting PL'd. SolA empty. Upper Guk 3-4 people.

Not saying groups are impossible but I wouldn't bank on getting groups reliably 1-40 at least. I've heard CoM and KC are fairly busy 40-60. Can't really speak on green too much cause I never got past like lvl 12.

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Old 04-30-2022, 10:23 PM
Kobold

its pretty dead in 1-45.

there are sometimes people in Paw or Unrest, but its not popping. most zones its just you and the crickets. people found most efficient way to 60 and most rush game that way. KC is popular
Old 04-30-2022, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

In most cases I would say Blue is the way to go. Cheaper prices on basically everything, and population-wise just as healthy. Green is mostly for people who want legacy loot, which is basically all gone now.

Unless you are rolling a character that is very group dependent, like Warrior or Rogue, you shouldn't have a problem leveling on Blue. Even in those cases due to how cheap and prevalent loot is, it isn't difficult to gear up a toon.

Blue has the better QoL as well. Better ability to change UI, pet window, etc.
Old 05-01-2022, 07:23 AM
Kobold

With the sleeper awoken, the argument for green has gotten pretty thin, I'm guessing the only argument for an advantage on green is low level grouping, which I'm not sure how robust it is there. Everything else is better on blue, with quality of life improvements like pet windows, target cycling, and UIs making the game much more pleasant to play, I just wish they brought back DOT damage messages.
Old 05-01-2022, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Even post-sleeper green's pop is still generally a couple hundred higher than blue's at primetime, so for that reason alone it probably has a better low-mid grouping population. Both servers are at the top-heavy stage of their lives though, that's for sure.
Old 05-01-2022, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Not too much difference between the two at this point. Green obviously has a hundred or so more people but even that isn’t going to make a huge difference. In either case grouping at lower levels is harder unfortunately.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything else is better on blue, with quality of life improvements like pet windows, target cycling, and UIs making the game much more pleasant to play, I just wish they brought back DOT damage messages.
This really can't be overstated. Spellbook needs to be open + hit the meditate button before 35.

The UI stuff is unreal to me; green just seems needlessly "classic". Not having UI stuff like buff timers is rough playing a buffing class.

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Old 05-01-2022, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This really can't be overstated. Spellbook needs to be open + hit the meditate button before 35.

The UI stuff is unreal to me; green just seems needlessly "classic". Not having UI stuff like buff timers is rough playing a buffing class.
Don’t believe that book medding has been a thing on green for some time. Wasn’t that removed like a year ago
Old 05-01-2022, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don’t believe that book medding has been a thing on green for some time. Wasn’t that removed like a year ago
Yeah, it's been gone a long time. That guy doesn't know what he's talking about.