Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-15-2022, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rofl seek help
Yet again, unable to come up with anything substantive. You aren't doing a good job of disproving my points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the alternative to not waking the Sleeper? Do players really want to farm pixels for an eternity and risk P99 Green ending/merging without that once in a lifetime event happening?

Anyone who was against waking the Sleeper is suffering from pixel sickness. Let it go lol.
Agreed.
Old 04-15-2022, 09:44 AM
Kobold

Who even is this DeathsSilkyMist bootlicker defending his bootlicking for pages on end in this thread, apparently with no skin in the game?

Give it a rest, guy. Boots can't taste that good.
Old 04-15-2022, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who even is this DeathsSilkyMist bootlicker defending his bootlicking for pages on end in this thread, apparently with no skin in the game?

Give it a rest, guy. Boots can't taste that good.
I am not boot licking at all. I know nobody in Seal Team, and I haven't complimented them once. I just find the arguments silly.

Just admit you are sad you didn't get legacy loot. Complaining about a normal game mechanic that is intended to be played is just silly. Seal Team played the game normally, as intended by the developers. That doesn't make them villains. If they are villains, then you are also claiming the developers are villains for removing Manastone. And I don't see anybody doing that[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2022, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

The reason people see them as the villains is for the reasoning and manner in which the sleeper was awakened.

Technically the sleeper could stay sleeping indefinitely if the server decided to play it that way.

That's the reason people are lashing out- it's due to the leaked messages and ST's reason for waking the thing up.

It's subjective in it's nature and isn't necessarily "meant" to be triggered. It's up to the players.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 04-15-2022, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reason people see them as the villains is for the reasoning and manner in which the sleeper was awakened.

Technically the sleeper could stay sleeping indefinitely if the server decided to play it that way.

That's the reason people are lashing out- it's due to the leaked messages and ST's reason for waking the thing up.

It's subjective in it's nature and isn't necessarily "meant" to be triggered. It's up to the players.
And thats the flaw in peoples logic. Sleeper had to be recreated by the P99 devs. That is a lot of time and effort to create something for the players to experience. Because the P99 devs did that, they want it to happen. If they didn't, they would have just not done the work, which is way easier. So if you blame Seal Team, you blame the Devs too. It is really that simple.
Old 04-15-2022, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

No not really. That's your opinion. The Devs were trying to re-create classic EQ...the sleeper is in classic EQ. To pretend to know their intentions is sort of silly. For all we know, they are hoping the server would rotate the warders for as long as possible. You can't speak to the dev's intentions for both p99, or the original EQ dev team.

I don't play on green either so I have no skin in the game. This is something I disagree with you on. The manastone is completely different than waking the sleeper. It's apples and oranges as another person said.

I do enjoy your posts and appreciate your opinions, however on this specific topic I can see nobody will change your mind. Just like most issues it's pointless to argue so GL.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 04-15-2022, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No not really. That's your opinion. The Devs were trying to re-create classic EQ...the sleeper is in classic EQ. To pretend to know their intentions is sort of silly. For all we know, they are hoping the server would rotate the warders for as long as possible. You can't speak to the dev's intentions for both p99, or the original EQ dev team.

I don't play on green either so I have no skin in the game. This is something I disagree with you on. The manastone is completely different than waking the sleeper. It's apples and oranges as another person said.

I do enjoy your posts and appreciate your opinions, however on this specific topic I can see nobody will change your mind. Just like most issues it's pointless to argue so GL.
Thanks for the good luck, and I appreciate the civil discussion as always from you!

I don't think the "your opinion" argument is very good to be frank. I could just throw it back at you and we would be back to square one.

I have never claimed to know with 100% certainty what the P99 Dev's are thinking. I am not them. However, you can take an educated guess, and use facts to come up with the more likely scenario. In this case, re-creating the Sleeper is enough to be pretty confident in the assertion the P99 Dev's want the Sleeper mechanic to be triggered. It would be way easier to just not do it, and justify it. There are plenty of non-classic things in P99 already.

Claiming the opposite, that the P99 Dev's don't want Sleeper to be awoken, has literally zero evidence so far. I would love to see some if people have it. I also do not believe they would want rotations, as they have had plenty of opportunities to do so, and generally stay away from them. We do know that wasn't their intention either.

Again, I am not sure why people are struggling with the concept of time limited events. Most monsters/loot are not time limited, they have no mechanic to stop their spawning after a condition. Manastone and Sleeper do have this mechanic. The mechanic in itself is the same, the only difference is how long the timer goes for. With the case of Manastone it is a fixed number, which Sleeper it is a voting system that expends the time every day the players do not kill him. It's really not that complex or interesting.
Old 04-15-2022, 10:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not boot licking at all. I know nobody in Seal Team, and I haven't complimented them once. I just find the arguments silly.

Just admit you are sad you didn't get legacy loot. Complaining about a normal game mechanic that is intended to be played is just silly. Seal Team played the game normally, as intended by the developers. That doesn't make them villains. If they are villains, then you are also claiming the developers are villains for removing Manastone. And I don't see anybody doing that[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just admit you dont understand what locked in classic means. The developers intended for more content to be added making this event irrelevant. And you and this bloody manastone. The devs didnt intend for the manastone to be OP. They didnt understand what they had made, but didnt want to punish the playerbase who had em and patched it out. Hence you cant use it outside of classic zones.
Old 04-15-2022, 10:16 AM
Aviak

"rogue kill force" LMAO please

do you dumbfucks hear yourselves?
Old 04-15-2022, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldknyght [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just admit you dont understand what locked in classic means. The developers intended for more content to be added making this event irrelevant. And you and this bloody manastone. The devs didnt intend for the manastone to be OP. They didnt understand what they had made, but didnt want to punish the playerbase who had em and patched it out. Hence you cant use it outside of classic zones.
You are mixing up a bunch of things. The original developers of Everquest and the P99 developers are two different groups of people. I am talking about the P99 developers. The P99 developers (and the community) already knew about Manastone and the nerf when P99 was created, so the original developer's intentions for nerfing Manastone are irrelevant.

What is relevant is what the P99 developers do with Manastone. Do they just keep it out of the game? Do they make it permanent? Do they make it a timed event to simulate the nerf? They chose the option of making it a timed event. But to pretend it is the same thing as an organic nerf during live is just silly. Since we already know what's going to happen (it isn't organic), Manastone and all other legacy content simply become timed events created by the P99 developers to simulate the timeline.