Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-15-2022, 04:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The goal of threads like these is to inspire some people into introspection and perhaps examining why the way things are the way they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm confused, did you think this was a serious post? It is a troll post.
So are you here to lead us down the path of introspection or just to troll? You are one of many Vanq trolls coming here to gloat for your own satisfaction ad nauseam. It's already well established and documented in RnF that Riot is basically on life support and Vanq couldn't be happier about it. Play your unoriginal and terrible thread off however you like, but the RnF of today is nowhere near the quality of RnF of years past. If you want to troll at least be original and entertaining and don't try to hide behind some altruistic MO that you're just trying to motivate the competition. Vanq posts nowadays are dry, sad, and overdone, but you felt like we needed another one apparently. It's not entertaining, witty, funny, motivating or inspiring when it's the 100th post and your competition isn't really 'playing the RnF' game with you from what I can tell. My guess is you just needed some attention or wanted to take a poke from a personal grudge whether you admit it or not. I'll just chalk you up to being another one of the Vanq troll army and move along. It's nbd. I'm sure you or one of your fellow low quality trolls will be back here within a couple days to grace us with another of the same played out Riot threads. Try a little harder to at least make it entertaining next time.
Old 03-15-2022, 04:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kittens and Riot also have some pretty toxic people in their leadership.

Those are some rose colored glasses you got there.
Nah, I'm willing to admit there's toxicity at the top of all the major guilds when push comes to shove, and I'm not sure who's even really 'leading' Riot besides Arth at this point, but I have yet to see anything out of them that really compares to what I have seen from Vanq leadership repeatedly over the years.
Old 03-15-2022, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synphul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, I'm willing to admit there's toxicity at the top of all the major guilds when push comes to shove, and I'm not sure who's even really 'leading' Riot besides Arth at this point, but I have yet to see anything out of them that really compares to what I have seen from Vanq leadership repeatedly over the years.
Riot's policy to break rules in ST and refuse to drop if it is confirmed slasher/piercer/crusher and then concede 2 is pretty toxic. Especially when they later defend their actions and refuse to offer the required concessions.

They've done the same thing in TOV (killing a conceded Koi), VP (Silverwing tracker FTE), Dain (lull pull), and KT (stalling on the pull).

They then feign ignorance and act like they weren't aware of the rules they were breaking.

They were aware. 100%. Riot leadership is super fucking toxic with their policy of cheat until caught and then play innocent.

Give me a fucking break.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 03-15-2022, 05:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Riot's policy to break rules in ST and refuse to drop if it is confirmed slasher/piercer/crusher and then concede 2 is pretty toxic. Especially when they later defend their actions and refuse to offer the required concessions.

They've done the same thing in TOV (killing a conceded Koi), VP (Silverwing tracker FTE), Dain (lull pull), and KT (stalling on the pull).

They then feign ignorance and act like they weren't aware of the rules they were breaking.

They were aware. 100%. Riot leadership is super fucking toxic with their policy of cheat until caught and then play innocent.

Give me a fucking break.
Every piece of garbage that comes out of your mouth, that you've parroted a million times at this point, has been debunked AD NAUSEAM. None of the fecal matter you've spewed onto these forums is in any way "riot's policy", and all the examples you provide were either not violations per the GM's (so take it up with them if you have an issue), weren't against the rules (new rules were put in place after the fact), or were misunderstandings and riot was punished and/or conceded additional dragons.

You live in a fantasy land where riot needs to be punished for past misdeeds, or imagined misdeeds, every week from now till the end of time and if they don't you'll just continue to bring it up because you're the most disingenuous piece of trash on the forums. Me and everyone else is dumber for having interacted with you. You're the p99 forums equivalent of the "most annoying sound in the world" clip from dumb and dumber played on loop until everyone around you goes brain dead.
Old 03-15-2022, 05:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:

Give me a fucking break.
And Vanq leadership has never done anything like any of that, right? Vanq has never just went ahead with an engage and said 'fuck it, we'll deal with the consequences later?" How many screenshots or audio recordings do we have floating around of Riot leaders cursing out the competition or other examples of poor sportsmanship? I'd be interested in seeing/hearing them because most of what I've seen/heard over the years has come from people currently in or leading Vanq. Some I'm even experienced first hand. Did Riot ever log into the other guilds bot to train them like a pissy child that didn't get their way? You ride a mighty high horse, Sam, and the problem with riding that horse is that you're just constantly looking down on others while ignoring that your horse is dropping shit on the road, too.

You all push the envelope to get the edge when you can and both sides, at some point, decide they've had enough of whatever the other team is doing and decide to push it a little further. Some of this has to do with inconsistent GM rulings, but some of it is just people on both sides acting like literal children that think if I can't have it, then they can't either, OR, my personal favorite, WELL HE DID IT FIRST! That's what all the arguments end up coming down to in the end.

You can be competitive without being a trash human being, but it's obvious some of you never learned to be a gracious winner AND loser. The truth about the raid scene is that you're all just in it for yourselves and, to some lesser extent, your tribe. You don't give a shit about the community because you're all too busy holding grudges and pursuing your personal vendetta's at almost any cost, and you use the casuals and warm bodies to enact your revenge. Cry and bitch about the other team as much as you want, but look in the mirror the next time you wonder why the raid scene here can be such shit, and the answer will be staring back at you.
Old 03-15-2022, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

I personally think there is a big difference between deleting a few pixel files out of your game folder so you can see what a mob is carrying and willing scripting a race that you are almost guaranteed to win wasting hundreds of hours of everyone's time and then teaching your subordinates how to do it also.
Old 03-15-2022, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally think there is a big difference between deleting a few pixel files out of your game folder so you can see what a mob is carrying and willing scripting a race that you are almost guaranteed to win wasting hundreds of hours of everyone's time and then teaching your subordinates how to do it also.
Yeah I mean I don’t agree with either of those actions but do agree that the latter is significantly worse
Old 03-15-2022, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

It reminds of Age2 when after waiting forever to get a lobby going, some kid starts spawning cobra cars and shooting everyone. Except here we are waiting a week for that lobby to join and half a day for it to start. Eventually your competition loses interest, because its just a complete waste of time for everyone involved.

Cheating"isn't bending the rules, or game mechanics to see what a mob is carrying, or introducing a new idea. Cheating is wasting everyone's time by using impossible to beat bot programs and thereby ruining the meta. This same group was pixel detecting coth's before that. Thats why we started racing instead of coth. It didn't even start with races. Now that races are gone, because this same person continues to cheat, we find ourselves here. The only real solution is to stop associating with known cheaters, even if they are a "leader."
Old 03-15-2022, 06:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I mean I don’t agree with either of those actions but do agree that the latter is significantly worse
But that's exactly what I'm talking about, it's a matter of degrees that leads to escalation from the other side! BOTH are against the spirit of rules/server rules and shouldn't be happening. They have been clear that they do not want us modifying the client and using 3rd programs to trivialize content or competition, so be adults and knock it off, because it just pushes to other side to do something more egregious. Stop trying to rationalize one form of cheating being 'better' than the other because that's not how it works. The degree of cheating should only matter to the GM's when they decide a punishment.

It's easy to ask yourself one question before doing anything like that. Would I be willing to send a message to a GM right now, before I do it, and tell them what I'm about to do? If not, then you probably shouldn't do it.

How is this lost on this community?!?!?!
Old 03-15-2022, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synphul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did Riot ever log into the other guilds bot to train them like a pissy child that didn't get their way?
Do you know the full context of the Loststalker train or just the Riot narrative? Do you know that Freedom engaged a clean Koi and that Riot FLAGRANTLY trained them, causing Freedom to lose Koi and Riot picked it up? Do you know that the Loststalker train didn't even hit anybody? I love how people keep bringing this up and rehashing it like they have NO CLUE what really happened.

Quit drinking the Riot koolaid.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.