Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There isn't some magical 'dev' flag on a character. I used a copy of a random level 60 rogue on the server. There are people in any mmo who can put out better dps than others. But that doesn't make the ones putting out bad numbers evidence of a bug. Get your skills to cap, invest in some better gear, and stop expecting code to make up the difference for you.
Do you really think Hasbinbad, Shiftin, and plenty of the other rogues posting about this don't have max skills / best in slot?

Please take some time out of your busy schedule to do some more extensive testing, with more than 1 weapon, against multiple mobs, with more than 1 character. There's obviously a discrepancy between your parses and the averaged parses of everyone else posting about this, and that alone is worth looking into, don't you think? Especially for such a widely acknowledged issue that affects so many people?
Old 07-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you really think Hasbinbad, Shiftin, and plenty of the other rogues posting about this don't have max skills / best in slot?

Please take some time out of your busy schedule to do some more extensive testing, with more than 1 weapon, against multiple mobs, with more than 1 character. There's obviously a discrepancy between your parses and the averaged parses of everyone else posting about this, and that alone is worth looking into, don't you think? Especially for such a widely acknowledged issue that affects so many people?
You seem angry.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Sarnak

Increased gem lootdrops on scarabs

nice
blue diamonds
Old 07-24-2011, 11:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could someone explain this please?
At least with archery we now seem to have out hits spread out almost uniformly from 1dmg to nearly twice our previous max dmg.... compared to before when we would hit for max like 50% of the time. As far as I can tell the overall dps is close if not the same but I haven't done anything remotely quantitative to know that.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Kobold

I really Appreciate you guys putting your spare time into this emu server! Keep up the great work.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:01 AM
Orc

DEV's!!! Listen to the Kudos replies and let the unappreciative kiddie comments pass u by,,, thanks for everything dev's. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Myself and some ole school gamers from the Daggerfall days are simply having a fkin ball reliving the world of original EQ the hardcore MMO thats not WOW pulluted......THANK YOU![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PS... divorcing my Family once again...somebody help me![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-25-2011, 03:57 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magonian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pass u by,,,
triple-comma...no you didn't!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:27 AM
Fire Giant

Fizzle rates seem strangely high. For my latest circle of spells, it's approaching 30% with maxed skill in the relevant schools. It appears to cover all spells, and I regularly fizzle 2-3 times in a row, as in every ten minutes or so, and I'll get at least one or two fizzles per mob and often more. It absolutely destroys mana efficiency, and between resists and frequent fizzles, I can now go up against a dark blue with full HP and mana and end up having to run away if I'm unlucky. Lower-level spells also feel like they fizzle more than what's suitable, but that has less of an impact. Fizzling twice your latest nuke that costs 20% of your mana is pretty grim, and while it's meant to be possible, I believe it happens too much now.

Uthgaard asked for specific spells, but it appears to happen universally and I don't see much point in listing all my spells.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fizzle rates seem strangely high. For my latest circle of spells, it's approaching 30% with maxed skill in the relevant schools. It appears to cover all spells, and I regularly fizzle 2-3 times in a row, as in every ten minutes or so, and I'll get at least one or two fizzles per mob and often more. It absolutely destroys mana efficiency, and between resists and frequent fizzles, I can now go up against a dark blue with full HP and mana and end up having to run away if I'm unlucky. Lower-level spells also feel like they fizzle more than what's suitable, but that has less of an impact. Fizzling twice your latest nuke that costs 20% of your mana is pretty grim, and while it's meant to be possible, I believe it happens too much now.

Uthgaard asked for specific spells, but it appears to happen universally and I don't see much point in listing all my spells.
It isn't universal, played for hours last night and it was at worst no better or worse than before the patch but as a 47 necro I am using mostly 29-39 spells.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magonian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PS... divorcing my Family once again...somebody help me![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tell the kids and your spouse to get some characters in game if they want to hang out with you. :-) Treat that someone special to fun-filled night in the Estate of Unrest.. Take the whole family on a cruise through the exotic Ocean of Tears with a port of call in Butcherblock Mountains. Then it's off on the second cruise through Timerous Deep to the dude ranch at Firiona Vie Outpost.
-----------------------
Last edited by Striiker; 07-25-2011 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: spelling correction
Closed Thread