Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apple still sells Macbook Pros and Airs with 4 year old core 2 processors for over $1000. Not that expensive? I'd rather buy a $400-$500 HP every year or 2 with faster cpu/gpu. But hey, as long as the outside looks pretty.. who cares.
The 15 and 17 inch Macbook Pro's have come with core i5 and core i7's for some time now, and they all have dedicated nVidia graphics cards and come with 4 gigs of 1066mhz DDR3 memory, and yes on top of all of that they look absolutely beautiful. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-20-2010, 03:11 AM
Banned

Last edited by dredge; 12-12-2012 at 10:50 PM..
Old 11-20-2010, 06:11 AM
Sarnak

i play on my newly acquired macbook air using Crossover Games. and useing toast titanium to mount the images of eq titanium. This way i don't need to dual boot to play
Old 11-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So whats the easiest setup for a late 2009 base model 21.5" imac?
I belive I installed win7 on a bootcamp partition when I first got it but honestly I never booted back into it. I set it up incase I needed it for school work/software.

Right now I'm playing on an old hand me down desktop pc with win7/32bit and a bad wireless signal. It's real choppy and laggy due to the wireless I belive.

My Imac is wired and has a lot faster connection, besides having a way better display then the pc's old crt monitor and jet engine sounding fans so I would like to use my mac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

also once the bootcamp is running and has a Internet connection can I just copy and paste my EQ folder off the pc onto the mac of do I need to reinstall with the daemon lite tool thing again?

and should I use an older full size mac keyboard I have, or is my Imac's compact keyboard just as good? Meaning all the keys are there.
You can just copy the folder over. All you need are the files, EverQuest does not install any valuable registry keys.

I prefer the full keyboard because otherwise you'll have to remap certain keys like screen shot or the auto-center key. I can't live without the auto center key. I also like to macro the numpad keys to do handy things like open/close all bags.

If I were you I would just fully update my bootcamp win7 and copy your EQ folder over and make sure your links are all set so you don't patch. I bet it looks sexy on that 21 inch display too. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-22-2010, 02:30 AM
Kobold

@Ownrage - do you have a copy of the bottle you could post/send?

I couldn't get my EQ running under CO Games. =/
Old 11-22-2010, 03:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Virutalize linux then use wine? Honestly though, don't ever do that. Install Windows.
Looks like you can run wine natively on OSX to play EQ.

You may need to modify the wine OSX package or source similar to what's required with a wine/Linux setup.
You can probably take the wine-specific pieces from these forum threads to make it happen:

Wine setup on Ubuntu
Wine setup on Fedora
Tzartole (62 MNK) epic 1.0
Old 11-22-2010, 02:05 PM
Sarnak

got it running on my ipad using a remote desktop jailbreak app, but only at 15fps on wi-fi, no 3g tests yet. My Droid had 4x the performance and 60 fps (30fps over 3g)
Ill keep tinkering...
Old 07-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Large Bat

have you tried using wine under mac os?....
I run EQ using wine under linux and its so much smoother then running it on a windows OS... linux ubuntu makes it seemless and purdy darn tootin fer sure...

if you can load wine on mac os then you should be able to play eq using a mac

check the linux thread here ...
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ht=linux+setup
Old 07-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Sarnak

Thread necro'd for... why? Especially given that this same exact thing was specifically mentioned two posts above yours?

Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:40 PM
Orc

I've got it working on my mac. I copied over an already installed game folder from windows though so if you don't have that option you'll have to figure out some more steps.

1. Install MacPorts from http://www.macports.org/
2. From the command line run:
Code:
$ sudo port install wine
3. Go make a sandwich
4. From the command line run the following command. Shouldn't need to change any settings here but it creates a ~/.wine directory for you.
Code:
$ winecfg
5. Now copy the installed game folder (with p99 changes) to this location:
Code:
$ mv ~/Desktop/EverQuest mv ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/.
6. You should be all set, run it with a script like:
Code:
$ cat run-p99.sh
cd "/Users/you/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/EverQuest"
wine "/Users/you/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/EverQuest/eqgame.exe" patchme
$ ./run-p99.sh
The only problem I have is when I start it, it runs partially out of my screen without any handles to move it. I got around this by using Spaces (turn it on in your System Preferences). Once you zoom out to see all the virtual desktops you can then click and drag the game wherever you need to.

I hope this helps.
Last edited by Krait; 07-17-2011 at 11:42 PM..