Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 08:49 PM
Kobold

Why explore and fight dragons when they can be delivered to the door like thai food. Why play the game at all?!
Old 07-08-2021, 11:20 PM
Sarnak

When you really think about it, classic EQ is really a dogshit game anyway

But yeah the community is hilariously terrible. They should feel ashamed of themselves, but they are too busy touching themselves to the 10 page word documents they wrote to defend their guild.
Old 07-09-2021, 03:47 AM
Orc

Classic EQ is still a great game and there are a lot of solid people in the community. Most you'll never meet because they're too busy chasing bat phone/sock phone targets overkilling the shit out of everything... because what's the alternative?

The problem isn't the people, it's the shitty processes (e.g. zerg raid guilds) that drove people away from playing.
Old 07-09-2021, 07:29 AM
Orc

Ultimately you can't really blame anyone except people - the game was built this way many years ago. Instanced content wasn't a thing so you get high competition which brings out the absolute worst in people.....

I remember the early years of 7th Hammer and chuckling silently as a bunch of European gamers setup a Euro-based guild specifically designed to take advantage of server reboot times - so when the US servers would reboot, the US gamers would be asleep and in waltzes the "Nightwatchers" to slaughter all of the content haha....It really pissed off the US guilds having to wait yet another week to get a chance of raiding certain content.....

When I started my guild, this was exactly what we were not going to do - we weren't going to compete but instead try and help others and work together with content. Yeah we didn't have any "firsts" (why the feck do people care about that shit I dont know - it's like wearing a badge stating "I'm a complete bellthronk") but we enjoyed the majority of our time in EQ and always found something else to do if something was taken (granted, different on blue as we just have Velious as max).....

Soto the OP - if your goal is aligned to those that are competing for the top then yeah, it's gonna be a rough ride - find something else to do - go help some new players, find some new friends....If not, just switch off and do something else mate....

Peace,

- Ssethrass/Dragosanii
Old 07-09-2021, 07:42 AM
Sarnak

More draft weeks would solve all the problems
Old 07-09-2021, 07:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It'd be interesting for P99 staff to make a comparison between their average petition workload in a normal week versus the workload of a draft week. I wonder whether the added workload of the draft counteracts the reduced petition rate.

Danth
Old 07-09-2021, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

Ever consider you are seeking out things that are devoid of joy while generalizing/rationalizing the results as unavoidable?

Go kill some crocodiles in the oasis and get killed by a random SG or dry bone. It will make you feel alive again.
Old 07-09-2021, 09:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the problem, just fyi
Old 07-09-2021, 09:18 AM
Orc

What's a draft week? Scuse the noob Q but still fairly new to P99
Old 07-09-2021, 09:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragosanii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's a draft week? Scuse the noob Q but still fairly new to P99
I have no idea either. And the P99 discord is being the community I have grown to hate. Just a bunch of idiots protecting info that should be public.
Closed Thread