Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2021, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervaaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In one group we suffered a wipe, and a member of the group poured over the fight logs to inform me, some 10 minutes later, that the wipe was all my fault because I did such-and-such wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervaaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right now I've got 3 classes up to 20-22
Apparently groups in unrest/oasis/etc are serious business? I'm curious as to the specifics. Most the time if someone screws up badly enough to single-handedly cause a wipe it should be obvious enough you don't need logs to see it. The majority of group wipes are caused either by overpulls/trains--either the group's own or someone else's--by obvious errors, or by a cascade of smaller errors piling up.

Danth
Old 05-29-2021, 04:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The majority of group wipes are caused either by overpulls/trains--either the group's own or someone else's--by obvious errors, or by a cascade of smaller errors piling up.

Danth
Mana?

Cleric: oom
Enc: 10m
Monk:
Inc Target repeat message for multiples
Old 05-30-2021, 06:48 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apparently groups in unrest/oasis/etc are serious business? I'm curious as to the specifics. Most the time if someone screws up badly enough to single-handedly cause a wipe it should be obvious enough you don't need logs to see it. The majority of group wipes are caused either by overpulls/trains--either the group's own or someone else's--by obvious errors, or by a cascade of smaller errors piling up.

Danth
I was playing my enchanter. I had a 60 enchanter main back in the day, and spent hours doing CC in places KC etc, however, after 20 years away, things can get a bit rusty. The problem was that the group put a lot of pressure on me to charm a pet, which is something that we seldom did ... never in a bad pathing location like KC ... so I was hesitant, not the least of which I had very little exp controlling a pet. However, I made one just to keep everyone happy, and things went well until my pet disappeared. We were in the FP room, and my pet reappeared from upstairs with a train of baddies. Of course, I was the first to die quite quickly, and all but one other made it to the zl safely. I figured that the problem was my pet, but not being experienced enough with Unrest, or with controlling a pet, I was then and am still now not sure why he went upstairs. But I figured you live and learn, sucked up the death, and was ready to move on. We had to wait a bit for the other death to run back to the zone from GF, and in that 10 minutes, I guess the rogue decided to comb through the logs. So before we got going again, he made it a point to state it was my fault, and that I had to control my pet better. Sort of killed the enjoyment of the night for me, but what can you do. I'm sure it was my fault, but what exactly went wrong nobody really bothered to explain. I've done some reading up on charming pets on the wiki, but still don't really see exactly what I am supposed to do differently.
Old 05-30-2021, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
We were in the FP room, and my pet reappeared from upstairs with a train of baddies.....I've done some reading up on charming pets on the wiki, but still don't really see exactly what I am supposed to do differently.
Unrest has been fairly notorious for the past several years for having a glitchy Z-axis where monsters sometimes warp up or down between floors. Not much you can do about it other than keep Spirit of Wolf on and immediately flee if you expect it to bring a train you can't control.

Danth
Old 05-30-2021, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Unrest has been fairly notorious for the past several years for having a glitchy Z-axis where monsters sometimes warp up or down between floors. Not much you can do about it other than keep Spirit of Wolf on and immediately flee if you expect it to bring a train you can't control.

Danth

Yeah, and if a pet goes MIA in any dungeon it's not a bad idea to just have everyone camp out to be safe.
Old 05-31-2021, 12:33 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcortez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mana?

Cleric: oom
Enc: 10m
Monk:
Accurate af.
Closed Thread