Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAm0nk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a new(er) player to P99 and someone who has only played on Green, being level 60 and only paying 30pp for a port is pretty stingy, IMO.

My main/highest level character is only 35 and I have ~3kpp in the bank. That is without doing any of the popular cash camps like Treants, OOT, or Sisters in LFay.

A level 60 could easily raise 100pp in a few minutes of play...
You’ve never played a warrior lol
Old 05-29-2021, 12:42 AM
Large Bat

Apparently according to this thread I've been stiffing people with 25pp everywhere I go because I rarely have more than 100pp to my name anyway.

Also idk about this whole "I'm lvl 35 and have 3k pp" stuff. I've played melee every char I've ever had in EQ and in my experience it's incredibly hard to end up with money until you're maxed and have some good drops from camps. While leveling, you're trying to get a few hundred plat to find some str gear and then you're back to just exping. Money making is a conscious decision that many people just do not do.

But yeah I'm sure the guy who clicked 3 buttons to get me to wc is really mad he only got 25pp for it.
Old 05-31-2021, 01:21 PM
Orc

He spent 3 clicks. But more importantly, he spent his time shuttling you around instead of being at a camp or leveling.

If you can't tip fairly, nothing is more classic than walking.
Old 05-31-2021, 01:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashentco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apparently according to this thread I've been stiffing people with 25pp everywhere I go because I rarely have more than 100pp to my name anyway.

Also idk about this whole "I'm lvl 35 and have 3k pp" stuff. I've played melee every char I've ever had in EQ and in my experience it's incredibly hard to end up with money until you're maxed and have some good drops from camps. While leveling, you're trying to get a few hundred plat to find some str gear and then you're back to just exping. Money making is a conscious decision that many people just do not do.

But yeah I'm sure the guy who clicked 3 buttons to get me to wc is really mad he only got 25pp for it.
I definitely agree there is a difference between melee and casters when it comes down to money.

Saying that, the 3kpp is on a Shaman that is equipped with a full set of Banded Armor, 2x 5ac/55hp rings, 2x 3+ WIS earrings, and still rocking a Staff of the Observers that I picked up for 200pp before Kunark was released.

So it was not meant as some sort of a flex. I'm less than 10% towards being able to purchase a JBB at level 45 (which is what I'm saving up for) and I don't even want to think of how far off I am from acquiring a Fungi Tunic or Staff.

Obviously, although it's slower going, my need for equipment is less necessary than melee classes. But still, I've had people attempt to give me 5pp for SoWing them. If you're able to obtain level 60 on a melee class, I have a hard time understanding how you wouldn't have friends or guild mates willing to port you around for free and/or 60pp to spare. Again, just my (newb) perspective...
Old 06-01-2021, 03:49 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAm0nk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obviously, although it's slower going, my need for equipment is less necessary than melee classes. But still, I've had people attempt to give me 5pp for SoWing them. If you're able to obtain level 60 on a melee class, I have a hard time understanding how you wouldn't have friends or guild mates willing to port you around for free and/or 60pp to spare. Again, just my (newb) perspective...
I can agree with you there, but I don't think anyone mentioned being level 60 in here. Like I have a lvl 50 rogue in banded etc and 50pp is a hell of a lot of money to me. I enjoy tipping and I've always thought I'm pretty generous I just didn't know 50pp was expected of me.
Old 06-02-2021, 03:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashentco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can agree with you there, but I don't think anyone mentioned being level 60 in here. Like I have a lvl 50 rogue in banded etc and 50pp is a hell of a lot of money to me. I enjoy tipping and I've always thought I'm pretty generous I just didn't know 50pp was expected of me.
I have had a druid in DaP for quite a few years now. I dont expect anything at all in the way of tips from anyone on the server. I guess this is why I am never disgruntled or disappointed in the tips I may and sometimes may not receive. If someone tosses me 100pp or 5pp they get the same "Thank you!" And "Have a great day!". But that's just me...
Old 06-02-2021, 03:53 PM
Fire Giant

1pp per level gets my vote. Doesn't matter if i'm clicking 1 button or 20.

You're telling me i should accept even less money to POTG people because it's less clicks than a port takes?

However, let it be noted- I don't mind 30p for a port!
Old 06-02-2021, 07:04 PM
Orc

I mean, either charge a price, or accept that a tip can vary. I don't really see what the disconnect is. Mentioning what people "should" tip is based on your views and experiences. That doesn't make it so.
Old 06-02-2021, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1pp per level gets my vote. Doesn't matter if i'm clicking 1 button or 20.

You're telling me i should accept even less money to POTG people because it's less clicks than a port takes?

However, let it be noted- I don't mind 30p for a port!
Tbh I think potg is worth way more than a port lol
Old 06-03-2021, 10:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tbh I think potg is worth way more than a port lol
I would agree. I'm just responding to the- "all you do is click a button" argument. Don't kick up dust just to kick up dust cd288.
Closed Thread