Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wckdtrb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure.
The 2hb is easier, so...
(([Offense Skill] + [STR]) / 100) x [Weapon Damage]) + [Main Hand Bonus] (rounded down)
This is max dmg formula as compiled from the wiki.
Now, we need to factor in number of attacks.
(At 60, that mod is 5.07. wpn dmg is 38, mhbonus is 17 (velious) or 12 (green current).)

Now we take that + .6 that + .3125 that again (.6 = 60% double attack) and (.3125 = 31.25% triple attack)

Add another .09 that max damage again (assuming a 9% riposte at a same rate of attack as the player {this could be higher})

This gives us a max potential dmg, and we now need to divide by attacks per second, at max haste, its 0.5 (20 delay) attacks per second. This all gives us a dps of 210.92 max potenial dps

For the 1HBs its a bit more complicated, but suffice it to say, they work out to ~260

So i rouned to a rough ~25% higher.

This is all based on the wiki's formulas.
If you're calculating max damage, why aren't you factoring triple attack at 100%?
Old 03-24-2021, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malykor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For you math nerds.... mathematically, which is better for raw DPS...
Level 40 monk
Addy Club 15/25 main-hand : SoS 17/28 off-hand
or
IFS 38/40 two-hand

This might have too many variants to break down mathematically..... if so.... I would still like everyone's opinion.
The unhelpful, but real answer is you're not a DPS class at that level (or any other level in comparison to rogues with the attention span to get buffed, stay behind the thing, and press their backstab within 2 seconds of it coming off cooldown).

Whichever thing helps you pull better. DPS monks are very very very common. Pullers are kinda rare. Be a puller.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're calculating max damage, why aren't you factoring triple attack at 100%?
I appreciate the thought, but "knowing" the rate to be 31.25, there is no point in assuming it will ever go to 100%, though as long as you did this across all weapons, you should have the same proportional dps.
Old 03-25-2021, 06:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wckdtrb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I appreciate the thought, but "knowing" the rate to be 31.25, there is no point in assuming it will ever go to 100%, though as long as you did this across all weapons, you should have the same proportional dps.
it's not 31.25
Old 04-02-2021, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

wonder if people are factoring in double attack. 2h DPS probably curves upward on triple attack at 60 also.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At 60 Epic fist/SoS or AC/SoS is going to be better DPS than any droppable 2hander, and most of the no drop ones. The final patch of this timeline when 2H bonus damage gets scaled based on delay there are some competitive 2H weapons from VP and NToV.

There are reasons to have a 2H weapon (especially Tranquil Staff for it's damage/stun aggro for tanking), but highest DPS isn't one of them.
lol nope, not on blue after revamp/2h ugprade
Old 04-05-2021, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol nope, not on blue after revamp/2h ugprade
Did you just "lol nope" me without actually reading my comment? Blue has already had the final patch that buffs 2H. Let's try to read.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 04-06-2021, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not so sure even after the 2h upgrade.

My monk has Facesmasher. I also have Sap Encrusted Branch and an Addy Club.

SEB + Addy certainly "feels" like higher dps. I take less damage using Facesmasher, of course.

I'm almost certain if I can snag some Wurmscale Fistwraps to pair w/ my Tunare stick it will blow Facesmasher out of the water.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:45 AM
Fire Giant

My double priceless fist feels like better dps than my shovel of the harvest but there are plenty of fights shovel blows it out of the water. Feelings are meaningless post some parses. Facesmasher crushes that combo I bet.
Old 04-06-2021, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My double priceless fist feels like better dps than my shovel of the harvest but there are plenty of fights shovel blows it out of the water. Feelings are meaningless post some parses. Facesmasher crushes that combo I bet.
Thats why I put it in quotes.